Were christian metal bands more hardcore than normal bands?

Monkey Man":20unskbe said:
Impellitteri friggin' kicks ass too.

Every aspect of that song is nailed, man. :rock:
Musically yes. I’m not a fan of Bob Rock’s voice though. I recognize his talent, but I’m not a fan of his voice. Just personal preference.

Angelica's best album was probably thier first one- ( the black / gold cover)...best mix on that one.Absolutely crushing guitars..The next album- walkin in faith had great songs but something was up with the weird mix.I have all of em..Dennis Cameron's latest- without words is really good.Highly recomended cruisn music.
I've met dennis a bunch of times,had lunch with him before.Real cool guy...He also was lead guitarist for Michael Sweet's solo band for awhile.

paulyc":22cy2nk7 said:
Monkey Man":22cy2nk7 said:
Impellitteri friggin' kicks ass too.

Every aspect of that song is nailed, man. :rock:
Musically yes. I’m not a fan of Bob Rock’s voice though. I recognize his talent, but I’m not a fan of his voice. Just personal preference.
I like the tone and grit in his voice. Screams long-road / earned-his-stripes experience to me.

As you said, our tastes vary... thank God!

Little B":242s4c5n said:
Angelica's best album was probably thier first one- ( the black / gold cover)...best mix on that one.Absolutely crushing guitars..The next album- walkin in faith had great songs but something was up with the weird mix.I have all of em..Dennis Cameron's latest- without words is really good.Highly recomended cruisn music.
I've met dennis a bunch of times,had lunch with him before.Real cool guy...He also was lead guitarist for Michael Sweet's solo band for awhile.
Do you know what his rig was/is ? Kinda has a Stryper quality to the tones, but I found some info he used a Modded Marshall.

Dennis was a big jackson and Marshall guy back then.Not exactly sure which Marshall tho.While he was on Michael Sweet's solo tour,I saw a lot of mesa studio,groove tubes preamp,and mesa triaxis in thier racks on stage then...another bit of info is shortly after that tour,customs was giving him some issues with ,always coming across the border from canada,so Shredder Joey Taffola took his place.I had lunch with that version of Michael's band too .

Back