Bush League Reverb Deal

legend71

I am involved in a strange scenario right now. I have an amp I purchased on Reverb that is apparently shipping from the manufacturer. This amp is pretty sought after at the moment. I had it on order with Sweetwater but gave up on them and saw one on reverb so I cancelled the order with SW and bought the one on Reverb. I thought I would receive it within a week or so like a normal type of deal.

While I am waiting, incorrect tracking gets entered in Reverb by mistake and the item says it was shipped before I purchased it and delivered to another state. I sent many messages about this and the seller says that it was error and he expected the amp to ship in 2 days and he would update tracking.

I followed up a few more times and even called but did not get through.

Then later, I am told the amp is shipping from the manufacturer and the guy is waiting for them to send it out to me direct.

Looking at the original listing, the shipping says it is from the seller, NOT the manufacturer. I think this was a misrepresentation of things and frankly is bush league. I am understanding person and get that we are in a pandemic etc, but this seems shady to me. I still do not have any tracking or shipping info except incorrect info.

I know I am protected by Reverb in this matter, but it seems lame to take my cash and not ship my amp (and not have any control over the shipping of the amp as a seller). The seller has good feedback and has advised me of personal challenges that he is currently facing.

Curious to hear how others feel. Seems like running a "virtual shop" is nothing but passing paper with little control or accountability.

Ask questions before you do business and never assume anything. This is the lesson I have learned.

I've had a freakishly similar scenario happen before as well. It all worked out for me and while it took longer than I would have liked, I am ultimately happy and would do business with the seller again.

This has happened to me before. He most likely entered old (but otherwise "valid") tracking info so he could preserve his "Fast Shipper" status with Reverb. Virtual shops typically do this when they want the sale but can't provide a guaranteed ship date because--you guessed it--the item is drop-shipping directly from the manufacturer.

I received my item without too much delay, but it was enough of a red flag that I won't buy from the seller again. You should definitely report it to Reverb if it isn't resolved quickly.

Rising Farce":5ogrjlzn said:
This has happened to me before. He most likely entered old (but otherwise "valid") tracking info so he could preserve his "Fast Shipper" status with Reverb. Virtual shops typically do this when they want the sale but can't provide a guaranteed ship date because--you guessed it--the item is drop-shipping directly from the manufacturer.

I received my item without too much delay, but it was enough of a red flag that I won't buy from the seller again. You should definitely report it to Reverb if it isn't resolved quickly.

I sent them a note on it to get ready. I mean, how long do I wait? Seller has my money. The only reason I found out about all this is because I had to ask a ton of questions because communication was so poor. I would probably never know right now if I did not pursue the issue.

I did not know of this tactic to keep the fast shipper deal. He blamed it on a rookie mistake from a new employee. The more I think about ti the more I feel like I am getting played here. At least Sweetwater was upfront. Selling something you do not have seems unethical to me. The seller has the "fast shipper" badge or whatever on their site.

Your right though - it is a red flag. I think it is just some dude selling stuff with no real inventory.

A Bogner 3534?

If the ad did not disclose a pre-order or drop ship from mfg, then they have sold you an item they do not possess - the listing is a fraud. If you're okay with the wait, then let it ride. I wouldn't be and I would get my CC company involved if the seller doesn't offer an immediate refund.

memberzonly":1p0kt7o5 said:
A Bogner 3534?

If the ad did not disclose a pre-order or drop ship from mfg, then they have sold you an item they do not possess - the listing is a fraud. If you're okay with the wait, then let it ride. I wouldn't be and I would get my CC company involved if the seller doesn't offer an immediate refund.

It did not disclose anything like that. I will give them until tomorrow to advise - I feel this is shady and fraudulent like you say. Man - why can't people be honest about listings? I always have. The lack of quick communication is shady to me too. If the guy was on the level he would be getting back to me quick in order to save this order. But when I called I got no answer. I don,t think he has a shot in getting this amp shipped anytime soon as these amps have been backed up all year so far. Probably just placed an order and hoped he could string me along....

Yes, I think there needs to be a better definition for listing something as “In Stock”. If it says in stock, then that should be true. I see a lot of listings, especially right after NAMM, listing a new guitar, pedal or amp as “in stock” but then the description will have somewhere in there that the item is a preorder. Perhaps Reverb should create another type called “drop shipped”, at least we would know and I could even accept that. I would still buy something from someone who worked that way.

legend71":2u2a7lhu said:
memberzonly":2u2a7lhu said:
A Bogner 3534?

It did not disclose anything like that. I will give them until tomorrow to advise - I feel this is shady and fraudulent like you say. Man - why can't people be honest about listings? I always have. The lack of quick communication is shady to me too. If the guy was on the level he would be getting back to me quick in order to save this order. But when I called I got no answer. I don,t think he has a shot in getting this amp shipped anytime soon as these amps have been backed up all year so far. Probably just placed an order and hoped he could string me along....

I hope it works to your favor and quickly. It IS shady. Don't get me started on Prymaxe....

I've read on forums recently that Reverb's assistance has been dodgy since the COVID closures. Don't be surprised if they are not responsive. Like I said, go straight to you CC company if you feel you are not being taken care of. But one thing I would do is msg Reverb if they are not getting back to you and tell them that if they don't expedite, you have no choice but to proceed with a chargeback without them.

Metlupass2":1sg2lwfs said:
Fuck my question right......

Haha, nope I got good chuckle out of that. I ordered a pickup from him and nothing ever happened, waited 4 days sent multiple messages, finally asked for a refund and got it. So just moved on.

Metlupass2":3s8tgyeg said:

No man - I am just trying to keep it anonymous. No need for names right now. I am trying to be respectful. I am thinking this will go the refund route and I am being strung along. Seems like a waste of time to bother to put up listings for things that you don't have. Inevitably people are going to complain. Bad way to do business to me. I doubt the manufacturer puts this guy ahead of a large company like Sweetwater. I should have known better

memberzonly":3oesvm4a said:
legend71":3oesvm4a said:
memberzonly":3oesvm4a said:
A Bogner 3534?

I hope it works to your favor and quickly. It IS shady. Don't get me started on Prymaxe....

I've read on forums recently that Reverb's assistance has been dodgy since the COVID closures. Don't be surprised if they are not responsive. Like I said, go straight to you CC company if you feel you are not being taken care of. But one thing I would do is msg Reverb if they are not getting back to you and tell them that if they don't expedite, you have no choice but to proceed with a chargeback without them.

Thank you for your good advice brother!!!!

memberzonly":20wssjh3 said:
A Bogner 3534?

That sucks if it was, You'll be at the back of the line again. I ordered in February. Called GC on Monday, guy said he was going to call Bogner for me and get an update and call me right back. :LOL: :LOL: Still waiting.

BrokenFusion":276g5l6q said:
memberzonly":276g5l6q said:
A Bogner 3534?

That sucks if it was, You'll be at the back of the line again. I ordered in February. Called GC on Monday, guy said he was going to call Bogner for me and get an update and call me right back. :LOL: :LOL: Still waiting.

Yeah I will just forget it until they are more prevalent

legend71":1owvijwx said:
Metlupass2":1owvijwx said:

No man - I am just trying to keep it anonymous. No need for names right now. I am trying to be respectful. I am thinking this will go the refund route and I am being strung along. Seems like a waste of time to bother to put up listings for things that you don't have. Inevitably people are going to complain. Bad way to do business to me. I doubt the manufacturer puts this guy ahead of a large company like Sweetwater. I should have known better

It was guitar guru network. They've pulled the same shit with members on here before

legend71":1xg2pj1i said:
Metlupass2":1xg2pj1i said:
legend71":1xg2pj1i said:
Metlupass2":1xg2pj1i said:

It was guitar guru network. They've pulled the same shit with members on here before

Yes - you are on it. Disappointed in them. But he tells me is still on it and he was "led to believe it shipped and is on its way." I gave him until tomorrow to produce legit tracking. If not I want a refund. Guy has great feedback though. Maybe feedback does not mean very much these days on online sites. He did tell me he is "on it" though.

Yeah weird feedback because I checked that before I bought. I think the review thing is because there are cases like mine where I got the refund and just let it go

Reverb doesn't allow drop shipping and they require a seller to have the item in their own possession if they say it's in stock. Shouldn't have a problem getting your refund.

Back