There is something growing in my basement

SpiderWars

I think it's gonna be loud.

20200607-104705.jpg

scottosan":242277x2 said:
:dunno: Okay. You posted this a few hours ago. Why aren’t you done yet
Ha, I don't even have the big iron yet (Merren) and I am traveling a lot (by car) so I'll be pecking at it for a while. I'm using almost all new parts except for a couple of NOS AB CC resistors in spots and NOS dogbones for the Treble and Mixer spots. And there will be a Lemco 0.0047uF ceramic disc on the Bright Volume pull pot so it will be sort of a '68 SuperLead/SuperBass hybrid. Other than the Bright switch and elevating the heaters no tricks or even a MV.

Hell yeah ???

Looking forward to following - be sure to start a build thread! I’ve been working on mine thisafternoon too

SpiderWars":108bg0zo said:
scottosan":108bg0zo said:
Ha, I don't even have the big iron yet (Merren) and I am traveling a lot (by car) so I'll be pecking at it for a while. I'm using almost all new parts except for a couple of NOS AB CC resistors in spots and NOS dogbones for the Treble and Mixer spots. And there will be a Lemco 0.0047uF ceramic disc on the Bright Volume pull pot so it will be sort of a '68 SuperLead/SuperBass hybrid. Other than the Bright switch and elevating the heaters no tricks or even a MV.
Nice :rock:
Looks like a cool build.
I'm just wondering if you're going to use a .0047uf Lemco on the bright volume, you may want to re-think the absence of a master volume.
The LAR / MAR works pretty well in these amps to knock off some Db's and make the amp kinda usable. I've found it's best to dial in the NFB resistor at the projected "most used" MV setting though, as the LAR / MAR is in the NFB loop.
Unless you play stadiums, or are planning to use an attenuator, then......nevermind :D

Git r done shouldn't take long, unless you are Larry, then we will see it in five years and never hear a clip.

fusedbrain":26ydcy7q said:
SpiderWars":26ydcy7q said:
scottosan":26ydcy7q said:
Nice :rock:
Looks like a cool build.
I'm just wondering if you're going to use a .0047uf Lemco on the bright volume, you may want to re-think the absence of a master volume.
The LAR / MAR works pretty well in these amps to knock off some Db's and make the amp kinda usable. I've found it's best to dial in the NFB resistor at the projected "most used" MV setting though, as the LAR / MAR is in the NFB loop.
Unless you play stadiums, or are planning to use an attenuator, then......nevermind :D
The tentative plan is to use one of the several tools available today to attenuate/reamp with effects, etc. These days we have some awesome products to crank these things without killing animals. I'll prob start with a Fryette PS.

I'm thinking of wiring the heaters and power tube sockets SLO style. The power tube sockets are 'clocked' differently but I looked at old McIntosh HiFi amps and they ran the heater wires similarly (and naked). And many if not most Marshalls didn't have great layout/proper twisting anyway.

Back