NGD: Custom Atlas Luxurious...amazing

mrp5150

Not sure how many of you guys are familiar with these guitars, but I've been extremely interested in trying one ever since I first heard about them a year or so ago. I saw this one for sale in the classifieds here and just had to buy it. Everything about it is exactly what I'd want in a custom guitar down to the finish and everything. I've always wanted to order a Suhr Standard with these same specs, but I don't have 3-4 grand to blow on one guitar. I'm glad I never did though, because this thing is honestly every bit as nice as any guitar I've ever played, if not the best. The quality is incredible, the quilt top looks stunning, the flame maple neck/fretboard looks ridiculous, the frets are perfect, the neck is very comfortable and it's just smooth as hell to play. The only thing I was worried about were the custom R-Supersonic pickups they use, but they sound awesome. I'd say the bridge pickup reminds me a lot of a Duncan Custom mixed with a Suhr Aldrich and the neck pickup is kind of like a supercharged Duncan Jazz. They really just sing. Very balanced, very clear, and great for metal. The guitar also sounds brilliant unplugged as well. I honestly can't say enough good things about this guitar. I've owned nearly 90 guitars and right now, this one takes the cake as the best. And for $1250...it really does not get any better.

Here are the specs and a ton of pics. Enjoy! :rock:

Body: 5A Grade Quilted Maple Top/Curly Ash Back/Natural Binding
Neck: One Piece Flamed Maple
Fingerboard radius: 10"-14" w/Abalone Dot Inlays
Nut: 1 11/16
Frets: 22 Jumbo
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Hardware: Chrome
Tuners: Planet Waves Locking Tuners
Controls: 1 Master Volume, 5-Way Switch
Input Jack: Side
Bridge Pickup: R-Supersonic XS2 (17k)
Neck Pickup: R-Supersonic XS1 (14k)
Finish: Transparent Black

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

Looks nice man. After 90, will this be the one? Stay tuned.

cyndicate":2i2a6qwd said:
Nice! Where are Atlas guitars made anyways?

Thailand I believe. Not exactly a country that would make you think great guitars, but these things are the real deal.

mrp5150":2exmf916 said:
cyndicate":2exmf916 said:
Nice! Where are Atlas guitars made anyways?

Thailand I believe. Not exactly a country that would make you think great guitars, but these things are the real deal.

My mom is over there on vacation right now, I should have her go find me one for fun :LOL: :LOL:

it takes a lot for a quilt top guitar to impress me since i'm honestly just tired of quilt tops in general.

that said though, that is one damn impressive top and guitar!! real nice!

-Mike

Dibs. PM me when you inevitably sell. I'll take it for $1250. Not joking...

Steve

I would have thought that was a Suhr if i didn't look at the headstock. I DARE you to post this on TGP and say it's as nice as the tone-dead Suhr you sold recently. :D

danyeo":258rdnhq said:
I would have thought that was a Suhr if i didn't look at the headstock. I DARE you to post this on TGP and say it's as nice as the tone-dead Suhr you sold recently. :D

:LOL: :LOL:

The last Suhr I had sounded amazing, but I think I like the tone of this Atlas a little bit more. The only Suhr I've played that I didn't love the sound of was a Reb Beach model with EMG's. That thing sounded really thin and weak. Only Koa guitar I've ever played, so I dunno if it was that or the EMG's or maybe a combo of both? I think I will post this guitar on TGP. I have like 20 posts there. :LOL: :LOL:

mrp5150":1o2f4wj5 said:
danyeo":1o2f4wj5 said:

The last Suhr I had sounded amazing, but I think I like the tone of this Atlas a little bit more. The only Suhr I've played that I didn't love the sound of was a Reb Beach model with EMG's. That thing sounded really thin and weak. Only Koa guitar I've ever played, so I dunno if it was that or the EMG's or maybe a combo of both? I think I will post this guitar on TGP. I have like 20 posts there. :LOL: :LOL:

Funny, i didn't like the Suhr Koa standard i owned either . Weak as hell, no balls whatsoever and it was brighter than Ralphs GMW solid maple strathead. I laugh whenever i see people compare Koa to Mahoganey. IMHO they have NOTHING in common.

I saw Tom Anderson describe the tone of s solid Koa guitar with Pau Ferro fingerboard as " bright, crisp, sharp sounding with not much sweetness. I'd say Tom Anderson has a good set of ears.

But i like the tone of plenty of Basswood bodied Suhr's and some Alder one's.

danyeo":1ozic6w0 said:
mrp5150":1ozic6w0 said:
danyeo":1ozic6w0 said:

Funny, i didn't like the Suhr Koa standard i owned either . Weak as hell, no balls whatsoever and it was brighter than Ralphs GMW solid maple strathead. I laugh whenever i see people compare Koa to Mahoganey. IMHO they have NOTHING in common.

I saw Tom Anderson describe the tone of s solid Koa guitar with Pau Ferro fingerboard as " bright, crisp, sharp sounding with not much sweetness. I'd say Tom Anderson has a good set of ears.

But i like the tone of plenty of Basswood bodied Suhr's and some Alder one's.

Yeah, the one I played sounded nothing like mahogany at all to me. I bet it would have sounded better with some real pickups though. :LOL: :LOL:

Back