NGD - MILLS AFTERBURNER 412 CAB

RoidRage

I Just got this, and I'm dumbfounded, Slackjawed, Shock & Awed, Speechless and AMAZED! :worship:

This thing made more of a difference in my sound than any Head, Effect, Guitar, Pickup or you name it....

What does it sound like? DEVASTATION! World War III, The End Of The World! A freight Train Is Running In My House?
I don't know.. But it has Power, Bass, Punch, And Clarity Beyond belief! Plus it SNARLS!

I thought Dave Mills Was exaggerating a bit.... Hyping his product... I mean, I knew they were good or else I would not
have ordered it and waited for it to be built... But now? I think he was not hyping it ENOUGH! I Really can't belive it!

JUST AWESOME MAN! :rawk:

ROID

Exactly man.

I'm usually a tightwad when it comes to gear and very skeptic about actual differences.

However, after comparing my friends Mills to a couple of cabs, it just destroyed them. It made my amp sound SOOO much better. To me, it was like I was hearing my amp CLEAR for once. And the way it fills the room is amazing.

It is the one piece of gear I feel 100 percent satisfied with.

Shark Diver":12ob60uw said:
What speakers are you guys using in them?

Lots are using G12K100s which I have had no interest in so I am not sure a demo with those would be the best choice for me.

Digital Jams":vzsdilzx said:
Shark Diver":vzsdilzx said:

Lots are using G12K100s which I have had no interest in so I am not sure a demo with those would be the best choice for me.

+2

i dislike the speakers and oversized cabinets. i cant imagine putting both together would justify anything im looking for at all. my 5150 cabinets are as solid as i need. sorry, but im quite skeptical against anything oversized. whether its channeled, ported, or plain.

RoidRage":2rdrnxk6 said:
I Just got this, and I'm dumbfounded, Slackjawed, Shock & Awed, Speechless and AMAZED! :worship:

This thing made more of a difference in my sound than any Head, Effect, Guitar, Pickup or you name it....

What does it sound like? DEVASTATION! World War III, The End Of The World! A freight Train Is Running In My House?
I don't know.. But it has Power, Bass, Punch, And Clarity Beyond belief! Plus it SNARLS!

I thought Dave Mills Was exaggerating a bit.... Hyping his product... I mean, I knew they were good or else I would not
have ordered it and waited for it to be built... But now? I think he was not hyping it ENOUGH! I Really can't belive it!

JUST AWESOME MAN! :rawk:

ROID

congrats on the positive adition to your rig :thumbsup: . thats the cool thing about tone, each person has different tastes and needs :rock:

Shark Diver":zs1mh7u6 said:

I'm using 2 Vintage 30's and 2 Lead 80's in an X-Pattern! Amazing.

Dave feels you have to have at least 2 Vintage 30's in the cab... They give it the Growl, and they are not harsh at all in this cab.

Highly recomended.

Roid

congrats man, awesome cabs aren't they! If you are diggin now, wait till those speakers start to break in, it induces perma-grin :D

RoidRage":2udxjlu3 said:
Shark Diver":2udxjlu3 said:

I'm using 2 Vintage 30's and 2 Lead 80's in an X-Pattern! Amazing.

Dave feels you have to have at least 2 Vintage 30's in the cab... They give it the Growl, and they are not harsh at all in this cab.

Highly recomended.

Roid

BRING IT TO FORTINFEST!!!!

congrats! sounds great (although we haven't heard it :doh: :LOL: :LOL: )
what amp do you use and how would you describe the characteristic of the lead 80 speaker?
anyway, enjoy :rock:
- Rune

Erock":wvidzco7 said:
congrats man, awesome cabs aren't they! If you are diggin now, wait till those speakers start to break in, it induces perma-grin :D

Thanks Guys!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, and I can't imagine how good it's going to sound with some hours on it, or when My Diezel Herbert gets here!

Thanks,

Royd

axeman81":20sz3mij said:
congrats! sounds great (although we haven't heard it :doh: :LOL: :LOL: )
what amp do you use and how would you describe the characteristic of the lead 80 speaker?
anyway, enjoy :rock:
- Rune

Well there's a Cameron CCV here, and I'm awaiting a Diezel Herbert!! :rock:

There is a Rivera Knucklehead Reverb on the cab now, and I just can't believe how good it sounds... My God! :shocked:

As far as the Lead 80, believe it or not... It's a really Full, Rich sounding speaker, not shrill or bright, with a lot of Bottom end punch... I think it's a perfect companion to the V30's which give it that Signiture GROWL!!!

Thanks,

Roid

glpg80":3a6momzy said:
Digital Jams":3a6momzy said:
Shark Diver":3a6momzy said:

+2

i dislike the speakers and oversized cabinets. i cant imagine putting both together would justify anything im looking for at all. my 5150 cabinets are as solid as i need. sorry, but im quite skeptical against anything oversized. whether its channeled, ported, or plain.

You know the Boogie 4x12 Recto is the most recorded metal guitar cabinet in the universe? Oversized cabs are great for metal. You're lowering the fundamental that is supported by the cab by going bigger; it shifs the honky mids and wooly lows down to chunk and sheen.

Name some of your favorite MODERN guitar tones, guaranteed they used a recto 4x12 on at least 2/5.

lolzgreg":1xnyketb said:
glpg80":1xnyketb said:
Digital Jams":1xnyketb said:
Shark Diver":1xnyketb said:

+2

You know the Boogie 4x12 Recto is the most recorded metal guitar cabinet in the universe? Oversized cabs are great for metal. You're lowering the fundamental that is supported by the cab by going bigger; it shifs the honky mids and wooly lows down to chunk and sheen.

Name some of your favorite MODERN guitar tones, guaranteed they used a recto 4x12 on at least 2/5.

it shifts nothing speaker wise. the apparent shift you are hearing is actually the resonnance frequency of the cabinet itself being shifted. if anything, you are creating a larger cu/ft space of resident air that the speakers work with inside the cabinet. the speakers thus have more room to breathe, and 99/100 it seems woofy, lost, and basically a flubby mix of looseness that has no real low-end. it is harder to play on cabinets that are 4x10 or 4x12 with just a guitar and amplifier, but to my ears they are balanced in JUST the right areas there. i have heard a 4x10 cabinet that stomp ass all over my 5150 cabinets, and thats really saying something. the give and ease of playing that a 4x12 has, is better than the teen***** tightness 4x10's have. the word 3D comes to mind. its basic math.

with that being said, im sure mill's accoustics have gotten it right tuning the cabinet itself with what seems to be a channel/port design, without external ports.

however if this always worked, then im sure competition boxes for subwoofers would be doing it too.

also, im sure a few guys recording wise can vouch for this, but 4/5 of the magic of a recorded tone is more of the engineering skills of the audio engineer, the recording equipment, and the time spent polishing. i also think its extremely hard to capture the overall tone that is in discussion here on an actual recording. again, more engineering magic than anything.

however live use im sure, if they did get it right (which im still skeptical about, sorry) that there would be a large difference over a normal 4x12.

im just saying i hate woofyness. every cabinet has done it so far, im not sure its any different here. its just like me saying herberts blow big time live and the same problem i now hear on all herbert recordings. i see something different than alot of people do i guess. who knows.

again to the buyer, glad you managed to find a staple with your tone. my transformer upgrades were like that for me. its a great feeling :)

Back