Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sat, Nov 17, 2018 2:33am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 04, 2017 2:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
Anyone with knowledge or experience with these units care to chime in...

Does the Studio have the capability to function as a analog attenuator... between the amp and cab without converting the signal to digital... or does the Reload only have the analog attenuator built in?

Also, it seems that the main advantage of the Studio is to switch cabs and change mics within the unit itself... instead of with the Wall of Sound software on your PC/Mac... correct? Any other major benefit to the Studio?

Just want to be sure before I spend more than I need too.

Thanks in advance.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 05, 2017 4:12am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Quote:
Does the Studio have the capability to function as a analog attenuator... between the amp and cab without converting the signal to digital... or does the Reload only have the analog attenuator built in?

On the Torpedo Reload has an attenuator. The Torpedo Studio will simply silence the amp, or let you use a side cabinet but at full volume.

Quote:
Also, it seems that the main advantage of the Studio is to switch cabs and change mics within the unit itself... instead of with the Wall of Sound software on your PC/Mac... correct? Any other major benefit to the Studio?

The studio is a digital product featuring the whole Torpedo cab simulation process. Reload needs a computer with the WoS III plugin to achieve a similar function, provided you have a very high quality soundcard, equivalent to what we have in the Studio.

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 05, 2017 10:44am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Thank you for your detailed answer. It makes deciding between the units so much easier.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 08, 2017 4:50pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

So which one will it be? ;)

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 08, 2017 6:28pm 
Rock God

Studio!!!

I will speak for the Wizzard! LOL!

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 09, 2017 8:58am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

You can't go wrong, it's the best. ;)

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10, 2017 9:09am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

guillaume_pille wrote:

I actually went with the Reload. The attenuator function was important for me. And I will rarely use it w/o my Mac & interface near by. The Studio looks awesome, and I may still pickup one up, but the ability to record my overdriven amp and jam thru an actual cab at reasonable levels was too much to pass up. I should get it today actually. I have been looking at these for awhile. Great product.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 10, 2017 9:49am 
Rock God

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
guillaume_pille wrote:

I actually went with the Reload. The attenuator function was important for me. And I will rarely use it w/o my Mac & interface near by. The Studio looks awesome, and I may still pickup one up, but the ability to record my overdriven amp and jam thru an actual cab at reasonable levels was too much to pass up. I should get it today actually. I have been looking at these for awhile. Great product.

:thumbsup:

Kick ass! Interested to hear your thoughts. I have a couple presets I am really digging but require a few add-on cabs from La Boutique

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 12, 2017 3:47am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Reload is a great option for any studio, as long as you don't have to go on tour with your speakersim. ;)

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017 10:03am 
Hack

guillaume_pille wrote:
Reload is a great option for any studio, as long as you don't have to go on tour with your speakersim. ;)

I'm having to make a similar choice between the Live and Reload. I was sort of sold on the Reload with the understanding that I could use it both in my home studio with my head, direct into the Reload, then my DAW interface. BUT... I was also under the assumption that I could use the Reload live with just my head. That what ever speaker sim I chose to use, could be stored in the unit, and if I so wish, I could also run a cab using the the 100 watt on board power from the Reload. The Reload would allow me to run the amp volume where I think it sounds best, and also give me the ability to attenuate the volume to a level that is comfortable for the particular venue from the Reload. SO... my question after hearing others comment is, is this not possible without dragging my laptop, and DAW around to gigs? If this is the case what is the better option for me?

One last dumb question. When a load box is used, let's say at 8 Ohms, which is what a run my amp at, if you are using the Thru Output to a 8 Ohm cab, does the amp see both loads. If that is the case, would the amp have to be run at 4 Ohms? Or am I over thinking it. It's worth asking so I don't damage anything.

Thanks for tolerating my hijacking rant! :D

LP '76 Custom Black Beauty /LP '78 Custom Natural /PRS 20th Anniversary Custom 22 / Custom Tele / Custom Strat / Breedlove / Martin

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017 10:57am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

When the thru jack is plugged in, the Torpedo load is no longer in the circuit and the amp is seeing the impedance of the speaker cabinet connected.

The Reload is an exception to this rule. With the Reload, the impedance setting on the Reload must match the amp setting and then any speaker impedance 4-16 ohms can be connected to the speaker output.

www.diffusion-audio.com

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017 11:00am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

For live use, a hardware speaker simulator would be much preferred over using a laptop. You could consider adding a CAB or using either a Torpedo Studio or Live and an attenuator in line after the speaker thru if you monitor via a traditional cabinet

www.diffusion-audio.com

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 13, 2017 7:35pm 
Supah Stah

This is why I started with the Live and then moved up to the STudio. Mine is absolutely killer live and in the studio!

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 7:26am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

sysexguy wrote:
For live use, a hardware speaker simulator would be much preferred over using a laptop. You could consider adding a CAB or using either a Torpedo Studio or Live and an attenuator in line after the speaker thru if you monitor via a traditional cabinet

If you were to use both the Reload and Studio together, what would the ideal signal path be?

Amp -> Reload Speaker In -> Reload Speaker Out -> Studio Speaker Input -> Studio XLR Digital/Analog Output

Or the other way around?

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 9:21am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

2 options

Amp---> Reload Spkr In, Reload Line Out--> Studio Line In, Reload Spkr Out---> Cabinet , StudioTorpedo Line Out-->FOH

or

Amp---> Studio Spkr In, Studio Thru---> Reload Spkr In, Studio Line Out--> FOH, Reload Spkr Out-->Cabinet

www.diffusion-audio.com

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 14, 2017 3:27pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

sysexguy wrote:
2 options

Amp---> Reload Spkr In, Reload Line Out--> Studio Line In, Reload Spkr Out---> Cabinet , StudioTorpedo Line Out-->FOH

or

Amp---> Studio Spkr In, Studio Thru---> Reload Spkr In, Studio Line Out--> FOH, Reload Spkr Out-->Cabinet

Awesome. Thanks so much. :rock:

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 21, 2017 1:38pm 
Rock God

PBGas wrote:
This is why I started with the Live and then moved up to the STudio. Mine is absolutely killer live and in the studio!

Exactly my progression as well.

I am REALLY interested in the Captor but the Studio is hands down one of the best gear purchases I have ever made.