ROCK WIZARD TUBE AMP by LARRY

Larry, WOW. Everything you come up with something I'm highly impressed. I bet it sounds as awesome as it looks.

Too bad I cant even go to this week-end fest and hear the DINO :(

snider":1z9tw2iv said:
Sign me up!!!! :rock:

Maybe we can get a 2 fer deal goin....serious.I want this..That is when they are available as in..We order..they ship. I can't do the waiting to build thing anymore...With age I've lost alot of things and..Patience was one of them.....lol!! :D :LOL: :LOL:

I believe they are only "made to order" with a serious wait time behind you!
but correct me if I'm wrong Larry!

C

kurtsstuff":1en7zrhj said:
snider":1en7zrhj said:
Sign me up!!!! :rock:

Maybe we can get a 2 fer deal goin....serious.I want this..That is when they are available as in..We order..they ship. I can't do the waiting to build thing anymore...With age I've lost alot of things and..Patience was one of them.....lol!! :D :LOL: :LOL:

Whatever...you're all a bunch of Larry salesmen with ulterior motives...dammit.. :LOL: :LOL:

FWIW just how much is a Dino/Rock Wizard? I suppose if I have to ask I probably can't afford it.... :cry:

ericsabbath":y4h3k5f2 said:
Maybe, depending on the current exchange rate of the US$

And let me still add this link there:

https://www.music-station.eu/index.php? ... News_id=75

On Dec. 14-th also in this shop will be the official presentation of this amp for the public. From 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Who's coming over from you guys, to be there and to meet me - to listen to and to play the amp yourself?

And yes, this shop already has ordered two of my new baby :rock:

Larry

Thanks once again for all your kind words, what I've 'harvested' with the presentation of my new baby :thumbsup:

hunter":33c66bz5 said:
So could one basically say that this one is a bit more agressive than the British Purist, but less in yer face than the Dino, kinda in between the two?
It's really not easy, to tell the differences or the similarities of this amp to the DINO or to the British Purist! But to bring you a bit closer first two quick and short descriptions of them:

The DINO is a very versatile amp, which not only can do 'heavy as hell', but also old AC/DC stuff nearly spot on, SRV Texas-Blues stuff, aso. But the DINO altogether is by its nature an extremely honest, straight forward, ultra dynamic amp with a response to the pick attack like a shot of a gun. Not everybody likes this, because you have to play through it nearly as exactly as a computer, because mercilessly she shows any mistake of your playing and even could blame you on the stage.

The British Purist although is designed to re-create the classic British Sounds of the late 60' to the late 70' spot-on - and especially the current models of this amp with the U.K. made trannies with the NOS iron in it (former MM custom winds were used) provide these distinctive sound characters not seldom more convincingly, than the real old Archetypes from U.K. But there's still more inside this amp, for what actually I haven't designed it - you also can play heavy rock and even 80' metal with a slightly vintage touch with this amp - and dialed to full blast it's no prob for the British Purist, to even blow a Dual Rectifier off the stage :D But altogether the British Purist is sounding darker and more compact, more mid pronounced than a DINO, but doesn't deliver the huge amount of aggressivity, a DINO easily can.

The Rock Wizard is anywhere in between these both extremes, but not only 'just in the gap', but it's overlapping in both territorities widely. So the Rock Wizard indeed 'only' can provide about 50% of the sound abilities of the British Purist, but about 80-90% of the DINO's. Moreover the Rock Wizard is more versatile than the DINO and the British Purist together due to its lots of pre-selectable sound facettes...
... and hence I'm convinced, that this amp will fulfil 90-95% of the sound expectances, wishes and dreams of all guitar players out there :2thumbsup:

Let's see, what the future will show, but this amp even might become my 'new' flagship?

Digital Jams":33c66bz5 said:
Tomorrow I play a Dino :rock:
Have fun and put spurs on her! But don't forget to adjust the Bite & Punch controls on the back panel to your liking ;)

DiezelMonster":33c66bz5 said:
I believe they are only "made to order" with a serious wait time behind you!
but correct me if I'm wrong Larry!
No need to correct you, it's the sad truth, that my waiting time is about 15 months at the moment!
I've already trained my stepdaughter, to drill the eyelet boards and how to use the drill templates correctly - and she's pushing the eyelets into the boards on the riveting press. My wife I've trained to glue the tolex on the head cases and to fit the hardware, but...
... everything else I'm doing still myself and never another 'trained on the job guy' will do this, because I can't and don't trust into the work of others, when it concerns PTP handwired tube amps. Hence more than two amps a month is impossible and won't be in future, because each amp is about 80-100 hours of painstakingly hand work, to get the amps built after my personal approach.

Jay Strange":33c66bz5 said:
An amp like this from larry's description is well worth the wait.
There's plenty of others out there to hold ya over :)
True words spoken relaxed :yes:

Larry

novosibir":3pf5xkdj said:
I've already trained my stepdaughter, to drill the eyelet boards and how to use the drill templates correctly - and she's pushing the eyelets in on the machine.

:shocked: damn, Larry, you're doin' this only to keep the boys away from that beautiful girl, right?

Now I understand the pics with all those heads, she wasn't just posing, she was actually working for her 'bad' stepfather :gethim:
You are the male version of "Haensel & Gretels" Stepmother ... :LOL: :LOL:

;) greez P.

soooooooooooooooooo

i really want to hear some soundclips of this amplifier :D

through a V30 cabinet, or a greenback cabinet. :D :D

....so that i can start pricing how many body parts i need to start selling on the black market :LOL: :LOL: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Back