Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Feb 22, 2019 10:43am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 3:04pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Wed, Jan 10, 2007 5:58pm
Posts: 798
Location: Buffalo, NY
Are you human?: 951
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.


Great question!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:06pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Dec 09, 2009 11:00am
Posts: 8374
Location: Chicagoish
Are you human?: 951
zuel69 wrote:
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.


Great question!

Mine adjusts at the headstock

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:11pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Sun, Jun 25, 2006 1:13pm
Posts: 1228
Are you human?: 951
LP Freak wrote:
zuel69 wrote:
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.


Great question!

Mine adjusts at the headstock





Nice, I have not seen many with that option. I don't know why they wouldn't build more like that.

_________________
Band: Pleasure to Burn https://pleasuretoburnband.com
Stuff: Mesa JP2C, JJ100, 5153 Stealth, Wizard; Splawn & Friedman cabs; TAG's, Vigier, McNaught & Gibby LP's


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:30pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Jun 26, 2006 12:15am
Posts: 5386
Location: So Cal
Drkorey wrote:
LP Freak wrote:
zuel69 wrote:
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.


Great question!

Mine adjusts at the headstock





Nice, I have not seen many with that option. I don't know why they wouldn't build more like that.


Fairly new option. I think all new guitars being built have it up top now. Mine has the adjustment at the headstock too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:46pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Fri, Feb 22, 2008 8:54pm
Posts: 457
Not mine, but I drooled over this one forever...

https://www.luxxtoneguitars.com/index.p ... Itemid=669


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:53pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 5273
Location: Las Vegas
misterspockyall wrote:
I don’t own one, but I sure as hell am lusting over this freak of nature...

https://www.luxxtoneguitars.com/index.p ... Itemid=669



engage757 wrote:
misterspockyall wrote:
I don’t own one, but I sure as hell am lusting over this freak of nature...

https://www.luxxtoneguitars.com/index.p ... Itemid=669


Hot damn! :thumbsup:

Right??? This is one of the guitars that made me notice Luxxtone...

FYI, there may be some fun Luxxtone news coming from me soon'ish!

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 7:27pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Jun 25, 2009 9:51am
Posts: 1012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Are you human?: 951
It is indeed a newer option.
Mine is an older (#53) and doesn't have the outside access to the truss rod.
Mine has been super stable thus far.
Jerry told me that all the new guitars now have truss rod access at the headstock.

cyndicate wrote:
Drkorey wrote:
LP Freak wrote:
zuel69 wrote:
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.


Great question!

Mine adjusts at the headstock





Nice, I have not seen many with that option. I don't know why they wouldn't build more like that.


Fairly new option. I think all new guitars being built have it up top now. Mine has the adjustment at the headstock too.

_________________
Amps
Friedman BE-50 Deluxe, Friedman PT-20 Wildwood Edition, Fractal AX8
Guitars
Luxxtone El Machete, Suhr Reb Beach Signature, Charvel Satchel Dinky, Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod, Kramer Nightswan
Good Deals
toddf007, BigfnMonster, King Guitar, MatrixClaw, 232cap, unscarred, the grim brewer, Sardocasm, sgill72, aeroic, technomancer, splatter, jc986, metalfan32, mjross, garey77, Wizard of Ozz, chobley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 7:53pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 11:59am
Posts: 466
Are you human?: 951
JerEvil wrote:
misterspockyall wrote:
I don’t own one, but I sure as hell am lusting over this freak of nature...

https://www.luxxtoneguitars.com/index.p ... Itemid=669



engage757 wrote:
misterspockyall wrote:
I don’t own one, but I sure as hell am lusting over this freak of nature...

https://www.luxxtoneguitars.com/index.p ... Itemid=669


Hot damn! :thumbsup:

Right??? This is one of the guitars that made me notice Luxxtone...

FYI, there may be some fun Luxxtone news coming from me soon'ish!


Tease! Lol jk, excited whatever it is. Thanks for all the vids mang, fighting the good fight for those of us without quality music shops nearby

_________________
It started with a Crate combo and a grunge pedal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 9:33pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Tue, May 14, 2013 6:50pm
Posts: 500
Location: NC
Are you human?: 951
Played one at an ampfest a couple of years ago, Ive been lusting after one ever since. Best fretwork I've ever seen on a guitar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 10:26pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Sep 07, 2009 1:20am
Posts: 2850
Location: Chicago, IL
Are you human?: 951
Drkorey wrote:
I'm curious how the neck stability is on these in general. Has anyone had to do any major truss tweaks? I have the same concern as the OP had about needing to adjust the truss at the heal and unbolting the neck etc. which has kept me from buying one.



I had to adjust one lastnight that I just picked up. It was my first time removing a neck to do it and I had already reststrung it with elixirs so I wasn't wasting a new set of strings. Yeah it's a pain in the balls cause you won't know if it's right until after you bolt the neck back on and tune it up but it is what it is.

As others said, Jerry now makes them with the adjustment at the headstock.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aw9190, blackie13, boyedav, bubucci, Google [Bot], Junk Yard Dog, mooncobra, The Traveller, thenine and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use