2017 NAMM new product / rumor thread... Too soon?

PBGas":15fg86j3 said:
Rezamatix":15fg86j3 said:
Also. something VERY special happening with the Two Notes Engineering crew...gonna be a major game changer.

Very, very interested in this one! Looking forward to it!
+1

No shit eh? Well guess that means you don't really need the torpedo after all then. Enough said. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Hmm, interesting. This is the first I've heard of the Two Notes Torpedo preferred over Suhr's product (I'm assuming the Suhr Reactive Load, which I own). I've always heard the opposite. Not to get this thread too off-topic, but I wonder if there are any comparison reviews or video between then two, as I don't see any on YouTube. Rezamatix, just curious have you actually compared clips between the two? I'd like to know what you didn't like with the Suhr.

Quite frankly I've never been satisfied with any of my clips recorded through my Suhr Reactive load, even after applying a low-pass filter to my signal (thanks for the recommendation Rezamatix)!

Here's a clip I recorded not too long ago comparing my Marshall JMP 2203 through an OwnHammer IR vs. two AKG C414s, 1 close mic at my 4x12 and another as a room mic.

I think a few people might tell you that you picked the wrong IR or that you should have also blended in an IR of a room mic to take the focus off the high end and really have a comparison. But generally speaking, I don't know how Pete Thorn gets such good tone because everybody else sounds like they have a smearing in the top end or a bad case of the fizzies. I think the interface has a lot to do with it as do a good preamp DI

boyedav":3i3tmg2b said:
Maybe Winter NAMM will finally see general availability of Synergy Amps?

Yeah they will have product there but availability is still targeted for March or April

Rezamatix":2pzrkuok said:
gtr31":2pzrkuok said:
boyedav":2pzrkuok said:
Maybe Winter NAMM will finally see general availability of Synergy Amps?

Yeah they will have product there but availability is still targeted for March or April

EVERYTHING at NAMM is meant for March April.

I meant March this year

Joking aside it's been a long wait hopefully it works out
According to rep they have some new mods
The Dirty Shirley metroplex Dzlvh4

sideshowsmitty":294btntq said:
neilli":294btntq said:
I suspect we'll see a purpleburst and blueburst Jake E Lee from Charvel..

I did the meet/greet with Jake in July 2015 and he mentioned that they were doing a Blueburst. I told him that I preferred the Purpleburst and they should do that one and he said maybe we will do both. Who knows. I'd love a purpleburst though!

I'd kick my wife's mother for a Purpleburst to compliment my 2011 Dreamsicle... I'm curious if they'll do a rosewood or ebony fretboard? I'm not sure of the speck on the original, but I love an ebony board...

The old Randall stuff sounds good too if you dial it in properly and actually open up the volume knob on the modules themselves. Yes this makes the amp loud as hell but it also allows it not to sound restrained and stuffy. For a while I was hot on this new stuff but not so sure it will give me that much more of what I don't already have. It isn't going to be light years ahead of the modules Friedman already helped design. The SYN-1 will be cool if you want to patch into the effects loop and use the power amp of another amplifier but beyond that for the price of a module and what the SYN-1 will likely be... people might be better off getting a used amp. I think between a 6505+, a JCM800, and a cheap VOX AC10 or 15 you would probably hit most of the tones you would ever need. When recorded, most people dial amps in to the same EQ setting anyway so the differences are less noticeable between the various amp models in the HG-MG-LG (gain) catagories. The only one that might entice me is a Soldano designed preamp but even then...

Also, the mic sim out that I have heard on the unit sounds pretty 80's Rockmanish.. those emulated line outs always sound like shit. No way to make em sound good.

Kapo_Polenton":vftyrmi9 said:
The old Randall stuff sounds good too if you dial it in properly and actually open up the volume knob on the modules themselves. Yes this makes the amp loud as hell but it also allows it not to sound restrained and stuffy. For a while I was hot on this new stuff but not so sure it will give me that much more of what I don't already have. It isn't going to be light years ahead of the modules Friedman already helped design. The SYN-1 will be cool if you want to patch into the effects loop and use the power amp of another amplifier but beyond that for the price of a module and what the SYN-1 will likely be... people might be better off getting a used amp. I think between a 6505+, a JCM800, and a cheap VOX AC10 or 15 you would probably hit most of the tones you would ever need. When recorded, most people dial amps in to the same EQ setting anyway so the differences are less noticeable between the various amp models in the HG-MG-LG (gain) catagories. The only one that might entice me is a Soldano designed preamp but even then...

Also, the mic sim out that I have heard on the unit sounds pretty 80's Rockmanish.. those emulated line outs always sound like shit. No way to make em sound good.

Yeah man I agree. Some of those modded Randall modules sounded killer with the right poweramp setups.

I would be totally psyched to see something from two notes, priced a little more competitively. I know it's tough in today's environment, but I know it would do well. Oh and since when does Suhr have anything to do with IR's??? Makes no sense.

On another note. The Synergy stuff is the real deal and ready to go. The quality of the Synergy products is top notch and the have all the top builders submitting designs for modules. Friedman, Diezel, 3rd power, Fyrette, etc....

steve_k":ssi7yv11 said:
lowmantotempole":ssi7yv11 said:
gtr31":ssi7yv11 said:
Rezamatix":ssi7yv11 said:
3 new Diezel amps.
New friedman stuff is gonna be bananas...

Intrested to see the Diezel stuff only know about the Vh2
Was hoping for smaller 25/30 watt but Peter said that will be later
I know Synergy has a vh4 module for their systems

Any specs on the VH2?

Ch1 and Ch3 of the VH4
100 watt
2 channels
2 masters
Loop
Depth
Presence

I like the look of this and look forward to hearing more. It's gonna tempt a lot f players to add a Diezel to their collection.

...including me ;)

odysplob":16lr0q37 said:
steve_k":16lr0q37 said:
lowmantotempole":16lr0q37 said:
gtr31":16lr0q37 said:
Rezamatix":16lr0q37 said:
3 new Diezel amps.
New friedman stuff is gonna be bananas...

Intrested to see the Diezel stuff only know about the Vh2
Was hoping for smaller 25/30 watt but Peter said that will be later
I know Synergy has a vh4 module for their systems

Any specs on the VH2?

Ch1 and Ch3 of the VH4
100 watt
2 channels
2 masters
Loop
Depth
Presence

I like the look of this and look forward to hearing more. It's gonna tempt a lot f players to add a Diezel to their collection.

...including me ;)

Peter did say the final faceplate layout and aesthetics are going to be slightly different.

McLeanAB":3etpl8sv said:
I'd kick my wife's mother for a Purpleburst to compliment my 2011 Dreamsicle... I'm curious if they'll do a rosewood or ebony fretboard? I'm not sure of the speck on the original, but I love an ebony board...

Who needs a guitar to want to kick their wife's mother? :D :LOL: :LOL:

chumbucket":2h0ozmte said:
McLeanAB":2h0ozmte said:

Who needs a guitar to want to kick their wife's mother? :D :LOL: :LOL:

This. I'd do it for a burrito and a half cup of beer.

Back