A-Bone (of TGP fame ) has a go fund me page for a serious uninsured illness

That is the goofiest most petty shit I've ever heard. You're going to "punish" your in-need TGP buddy with ill health because I made a joke about your YT channel? Grow up dude. And quit spamming your stupid commercial guitar channel shit in here as well, friendo.
Seth, by his own admission, doesn't even play guitar.

He just posts all day, every day.. on a guitar gear site.

Weird stuff, guys.

He used to play guitar though. His health has kept him from playing long before this most recent bout of illness
FR. He adds a lot to the site. He's insightful and he's a great writer.

Since it's a forum, regardless of subject matter, a good writer isn't something to complain about. Not only are his posts legible, they're often downright brilliant. He's quite funny.

If I went to a show and the only people in the audience were guitar players who spoke ineloquently, I don't think I'd enjoy the experience as much as audience members who can make fun quips.

Seth, by his own admission, doesn't even play guitar.

He just posts all day, every day.. on a guitar gear site.

Weird stuff, guys.
Aren't we all a little weird? Probably the weirdest thing is TGP is so highly censored it's stifling and hard to even think of anything worth talking about or debating.

However here you find out what people really think and that is even scarier in some ways. It's actually so off-putting to me that I wonder whether I want to hang around here at all.

As for posting on a guitar site I have to say although I play a lot of guitar, I mostly plug my guitar straight into a clean amp whether that's an acoustic guitar amp or one of many electric guitar amps. I don't chase "tone" or "pedals"... clean is simple... so in terms of "gear" and "rigs" that stuff doesn't really interest me unless I'm proactively looking for a new amp which isn't real often because I have them coming out my ears.

When it comes to theory sections a lot of it is flatpicking and metal centric - so again not real interesting to me.

I think what it comes down to is places like Facebook are censored and the groups on there have a narrow focus so somewhere where you can just talk about anything online is rare... You can talk about anything here... TGP not so much... However you may not like what you hear here... so I'm not sure what is better. Stifling TGP where you live in a fools paradise believing that everyone is similar because you don't get to hear their true opinions... or somewhere like this where you realise everyone is pretty much nuts. ;-)

Last edited:
Are we all a little weird? Probably the weirdest thing is TGP is so highly censored it's stifling and hard to even think of anything worth talking about or debating.

However here you find out what people really think and that is even scarier in some ways. It's actually so off-putting to me that I wonder whether I want to hang around here at all.

As for posting on a guitar site I have to say although I play a lot of guitar, I mostly plug my guitar straight into a clean amp whether that's an acoustic guitar amp or one of many electric guitar amps. I don't chase "tone" or "pedals"... clean is simple... so in terms of "gear" and "rigs" that stuff doesn't really interest me unless I'm proactively looking for a new amp which isn't real often because I have them coming out my ears.

When it comes to theory sections a lot of it is flatpicking and metal centric - so again not real interesting to me.

I think what it comes down to is places like Facebook are censored and the groups on there have a narrow focus so somewhere where you can just talk about anything online is rare... You can talk about anything here... TGP not so much... However you may not like what you hear here... so I'm not sure what is better. Stifling TGP where you live in a fools paradise believing that everyone is similar because you don't get to hear their true opinions... or somewhere like this where you realise everyone is pretty much nuts. ;-)
You're the kind of right-winger I'd party with.

Hell, my best friend is a Libertarian. We don't delve too deeply into politics, unless it's a subject we both agree on (humanity's neat!).

It's always refreshing to observe people of differing views not only behaving rationally, but with diplomacy.

Hell knows I don't always get along with leftists. ;)

For KY style thumbpicking and Tommy Emmanuel type stuff it's just so easy in terms of what you need. You can even go full acoustic if you really want. Amplifiers in that sense are used in their truest sense - just to amplify.
You're Appalachian? What's your take on the Mountain Metal movement? I'm a huge fan.

Outsiders wasn't a great show IMO but the soundtrack absolutely fucked. Ben Miller's fuzz tones are glorious. Certain songs even plugged acoustic electric banjos into fuzz. What a fucking fantastic sound!

You're Appalachian? What's your take on the Mountain Metal movement? I'm a huge fan.

Outsiders wasn't a great show IMO but the soundtrack absolutely fucked. Ben Miller's fuzz tones are glorious. Certain songs even plugged acoustic electric banjos into fuzz. What a fucking fantastic sound!

I don't mind the songs you posted although I mostly play purely instrumental music. Second tune has a bit of an RL Burnside bluesy vibe. I like listening to stuff like that but then I really prefer to go straight back to where it all came from in its purest form.

I'm not Appalachian... I'm from the DEEP DEEP South. Isn't that right @VonBonfire :)

See what you think of this - sort of post modern blues in a similar vein to your Mountain Metal.

I don't mind the songs you posted although I mostly play purely instrumental music. Second tune has a bit of an RL Burnside bluesy vibe. I like listening to stuff like that but then I really prefer to go straight back to where it all came from in its purest form.

I'm not Appalachian... I'm from the DEEP DEEP South. Isn't that right @VonBonfire :)

See what you think of this - sort of post modern blues in a similar vein to your Mountain Metal.

WTF

Dude. Jon Spencer is my absolute, hands-down favourite singer of all time. Pussy Galore blew my mind.

Thanks for the rec! I absolutely love this.

Haha I guess I read too much into when you said you did KY-style thumbpicking. Judging by the balls this song has, I'm now thinking near-Memphis. :thumbsup:

WTF

Dude. Jon Spencer is my absolute, hands-down favourite singer of all time. Pussy Galore blew my mind.

Thanks for the rec! I absolutely love this.

Haha I guess I read too much into when you said you did KY-style thumbpicking. Judging by the balls this song has, I'm now thinking near-Memphis. :thumbsup:
I'm from Australia - where the biscuits are cookies that don't go with gravy! bless your heart lol

However you may not like what you hear here... so I'm not sure what is better. Stifling TGP where you live in a fools paradise believing that everyone is similar because you don't get to hear their true opinions... or somewhere like this where you realise everyone is pretty much nuts. ;-)

1. I know which one I'd rather have.

2. I don't want you to leave.

3. I don't see you posting too much in other sub-forums here or the Rig-Talk section so it seems OTC is where you like to hang out :dunno:

I think your beliefs and values are among the worst I’ve encountered with your rationalizations and support for genocide, white nationalism/racism, biomedical totalitarianism and so on. Yet I am not mortally offended and I am still able to engage with you 🤷‍♂️ …I don’t personally care whether you stay or leave but in general I think more voices — even those I personally find repulsive — make for a more interesting forum experience. And you’re a good guitar player who’s into different music than others here which I think is worthy.

I don't like that Palestinians are dying en masse, but they sure don't leave good impressions on others, including Saudi Arabians. Discord is literally strobing with online arguments between people of Palestine and literally everybody else, and usually not pertaining to the subject of this current conflict. Freakin' confrontational through and through. It's not a great way to generate sympathy and I worry what that bad interpersonal PR on a micro level will do for the macro.

Back