Cameron Marshall Mod

errrrrl":1mkeavay said:
I always assumed it comes out like that due to using just a single sm57 vs blending with other mics at different angles etc. I didn't think it sounded bad though.

I almost posted this a few days ago. I've liked very few of Reza's demo videos, despite knowing I like almost all of the amps in them. It has to be the single SM57. Probably sounds good in a mix like that, but solo'd and by itself, not so much.

I dug Rezas clips. But I am a lot easier then most....apparently. They were not Andy Sneap or whatever,but they sounded OK me.

If my choices were a custom built Cameron or a custom Freidman,I am pretty sure I would dig either one.

Whowantsamustache":28d9f3ag said:
This. Thread. Delivers!

This

lester":28d9f3ag said:
exo-metal":28d9f3ag said:
V2a":28d9f3ag said:
There's only one mod here and friedman ain't it...

I don't know what that means. Can you clarify?
Dave had two amps of mine. A 71' Superlead and a 50 watt Park, both Langner modded and two of the best high gain mods hands down. Nothing ever sounded so brutal. My Park to this day was so unreal that most people only got to hear amps like that on their favorite records. Think Gary Holt's legendary Langner modded JCM 800 2203 or Hetfield's old Marshall. Dave should be in jail for his time with my amps. He failed so miserably that I sold one and the other I kept in my closet which is where Dave belongs. He lacks the understanding and creativity of high gain circuit design and proved it after having my amps for more than six months, probably trying to reverse engineer and blueprint the mod and he sounds like a Billy Blades the more I hear of that lame. Dave is a moron and anything in the high gain realm he puts out he ripped off from someone smarter than himself. Believe it. Take one guess who did fix my Superlead?

That sucks. Why'd you take 'em to Dave to begin with?

This

V2a":28d9f3ag said:
There's only one mod here and friedman ain't it...

I don't know what that means. Can you clarify?
Dave had two amps of mine. A 71' Superlead and a 50 watt Park, both Langner modded and two of the best high gain mods hands down. Nothing ever sounded so brutal. My Park to this day was so unreal that most people only got to hear amps like that on their favorite records. Think Gary Holt's legendary Langner modded JCM 800 2203 or Hetfield's old Marshall. Dave should be in jail for his time with my amps. He failed so miserably that I sold one and the other I kept in my closet which is where Dave belongs. He lacks the understanding and creativity of high gain circuit design and proved it after having my amps for more than six months, probably trying to reverse engineer and blueprint the mod and he sounds like a Billy Blades the more I hear of that lame. Dave is a moron and anything in the high gain realm he puts out he ripped off from someone smarter than himself. Believe it. Take one guess who did fix my Superlead?

Billy Blades?

Alex_S":3oz8b3sa said:
Zachman":3oz8b3sa said:
Jer":3oz8b3sa said:
Zackman, how does the amp sound compared to when you owned it?

In general, these clips sound bad to me. Like Josh mentioned, sounds like the amp more than the production because like him or not I believe Reza is good at recording.

The amp sounds very thin and fizzy to me. Not at all like my Cameron LG/HG Jose which has tons of low chunk and blistering leads.

Hard to say... I mean I used the same amp for years, and dialed to taste what I needed and there are a ton of tones in there-- to be had-- depending on what settings, speakers/and cabs (1x12 vs 4x12 etc.), guitar/pickups, and combined w/ other gear to get a net result.

Dude those clips are awesome. The singer is amazing. Are those your songs or covers? Don’t know them. You have any released cd?

(Sorry for going off topic, but the threat is off anyhow and the clips are great ;) )

Thank you. I WISH, I wrote them. Those are the band Journey's songs.

Zachman":3t9qg5n1 said:
Alex_S":3t9qg5n1 said:
Zachman":3t9qg5n1 said:
Jer":3t9qg5n1 said:

In general, these clips sound bad to me. Like Josh mentioned, sounds like the amp more than the production because like him or not I believe Reza is good at recording.

The amp sounds very thin and fizzy to me. Not at all like my Cameron LG/HG Jose which has tons of low chunk and blistering leads.

Hard to say... I mean I used the same amp for years, and dialed to taste what I needed and there are a ton of tones in there-- to be had-- depending on what settings, speakers/and cabs (1x12 vs 4x12 etc.), guitar/pickups, and combined w/ other gear to get a net result.

Dude those clips are awesome. The singer is amazing. Are those your songs or covers? Don’t know them. You have any released cd?

(Sorry for going off topic, but the threat is off anyhow and the clips are great ;) )

Ah, thanks. Seems like I should give them a listen ;) Never been into them back then when they been on the radio, but these are pretty cool. Anyhow, your singers is amazing!

Alex_S":1c3wo532 said:
Zachman":1c3wo532 said:
Alex_S":1c3wo532 said:
Zachman":1c3wo532 said:
Jer":1c3wo532 said:

Ah, thanks. Seems like I should give them a listen ;) Never been into them back then when they been on the radio, but these are pretty cool. Anyhow, your singers is amazing!

Thank you. This is one of my favorite vocal songs by them

scottosan":bnsj78fd said:
Jer":bnsj78fd said:

Have you played any of the amps Reza has posted videos of? I have owned many and couldn't dial such sterile tones. Check out his Bogner Shiva video. I challenge anyone to dial in that tone from the vid. He may be doing it on purpose and that may be what he likes, but to me it's sterile and clinical and the frequencies seem out of wack

I have played probably half of them. I never had such sterile tones either which leads me to believe it's how the amps are being dialed in and/or pickups/speaker choice.

Kapo_Polenton":1isw4gvv said:
LP Freak":1isw4gvv said:
Kapo_Polenton":1isw4gvv said:
It's got gobs of gain but for my liking, too much. As has been said countless times, Cameron himself said a Boss SD-1 pushing a Marshall rivals his own mods so I still think a MArshall with a few tweaks or even stock with a good OD in front is a purer tone than zeners or resistor changes which end up jacking the gain and making the amp sound fizzy. I much prefer the 4-6 preamp tube model for more gain over a more transistor sounding gain.

That said it is a close mic'd clip... of course in the room everything sounds more like the player vs. the amp. I mean all you shitty players will still suck with the best Cameron or Friedman and Paul Gilbert sounds better than anything on this thread with 3 stacked budget overdrives. I don't get why everyone gets so worked up over these threads. There is something that i don't like about the compression of Friedman's amps but if someone gave me one I sure as hell could dial it in to where I got to like it.
Who you calling a shitty player? :boxer: :boxer:

Said generally ..not specific to anyone. I should perhaps of said, all of us shitty players. :D
Just messing with ya :) I know I suck, no need to tell me. :LOL: :LOL:

rupe":18a1nww3 said:
exo-metal":18a1nww3 said:
Read my post then turn your brain on or leave it off and buy more of his overrated, overpriced shit. It's for people like you, the lame. You need to get that.
Did he touch you in an uncomfortable place? You seem awfully butthurt over being questioned about your little whiny bitch rant.

:LOL: :LOL:

Zachman":3rumrp7r said:
Thank you. This is one of my favorite vocal songs by them

Totally with you. Great song and performance. Thanks. I know what I will listen tomorrow now...

KrunKGringoeZ":3b8smapz said:
one of the best modded marshalls ive heard. Cant discredit the speaker choice as well
That clip is rip your head off bright (in a bad way) in my room. And I really like bright amps but that thing is please-make-it-stop shitty sounding. Dunno who modded it but if the clip is representative, they wrecked what was probably a perfectly good amp, IMHO.

Salos":1n4apfav said:
errrrrl":1n4apfav said:
I always assumed it comes out like that due to using just a single sm57 vs blending with other mics at different angles etc. I didn't think it sounded bad though.

I almost posted this a few days ago. I've liked very few of Reza's demo videos, despite knowing I like almost all of the amps in them. It has to be the single SM57. Probably sounds good in a mix like that, but solo'd and by itself, not so much.

Nah, has nothing to do with using a single sm57. Plenty of guys post clips with just that mic and get great results.

Mic placement, how the amp is dialed in, speakers, pickups, the guitar, and of course the way a person plays... that's all unique to each individual. It's those combinations that give people their own sound. I'm sure Reza likes the way his clips sound. Some others do too, it seems. It's not really my kind of thing, but I find it much easier to listen to than garbled iPhone/ipad clips that so many others like to offer up.

littleguitars":37xfpo05 said:
Salos":37xfpo05 said:
errrrrl":37xfpo05 said:

Nah, has nothing to do with using a single sm57. Plenty of guys post clips with just that mic and get great results.

Mic placement, how the amp is dialed in, speakers, pickups, the guitar, and of course the way a person plays... that's all unique to each individual. It's those combinations that give people their own sound. I'm sure Reza likes the way his clips sound. Some others do too, it seems. It's not really my kind of thing, but I find it much easier to listen to than garbled iPhone/ipad clips that so many others like to offer up.

hey! I specialize in garbled iphone clips!

What cracks me up is most guys who slam other guys clips wouldn’t dare post one of their own showing how much better they can do it. :LOL: :LOL:,

lespaul6":154g3ok4 said:
littleguitars":154g3ok4 said:
Salos":154g3ok4 said:
errrrrl":154g3ok4 said:

Ha! Dude, your playing kicks fucking ass! I wanna hear you mic up that Wizard !

LP Freak":87n3k1jp said:
What cracks me up is most guys who slam other guys clips wouldn’t dare post one of their own showing how much better they can do it. :LOL: :LOL:,
Your clip of your BE-50 is awesome. I prefer clips like that to close mixed clips. Sounds waaaaaay more like the amp sounds when you're in the room.

lespaul6":24wpzidi said:

As do I.; iPhone against a can of whatever I’m drinking. :LOL: :LOL:

Hell, I don’t even own a mic, these days. :D

LP Freak":1lea2hn9 said:

Most people trashing Reza's clips probably wouldn't be doing so if Reza never had a Holier Than Thou attitude. And he's a notorious amp flipper, one day the amp he has is the greatest thing ever, next day he's selling it for $500 more than he paid. The act got old and rubbed people the wrong way. I still feel that judgement on someone should in fact be assessed when you meet them in person though as people seem to lose themselves online. I know I have and got into it with a few people from time to time but as time goes by what comes of it? Not much.

Back