Cameron Marshall Mod

exo-metal":13dlep9q said:
I never commented on his being a shrewd businessman, but an innovator he is not, even, close...
His amps aren't being used by the people who do so because of anything to do with Dave's business savvy...nice deflection, but total nonsense.
You don't like his work...we get it. You're in the minority...you need to get that.

Read my post then turn your brain on or leave it off and buy more of his overrated, overpriced shit. It's for people like you, the lame. You need to get that.

Be warned, he is far from the high gain master of that domain. Consider this learned by someone who spent time around true talent. Todd Langner was a legend, innovator and one of the nicest people anyone could hope to have as a friend, beyond cool is an understatement. His brutal high gain work needs no validations here or anywhere else. The only guy on his game in the high gain arena that I've met is Mark Cameron. He understood in moments what he was dealing with and fixed what Dave had destroyed plus he was very good to me.

exo-metal":vdhogpwr said:
Read my post then turn your brain on or leave it off and buy more of his overrated, overpriced shit. It's for people like you, the lame. You need to get that.

Everyone certainly can have their own opinion. The only part I really disagree with you is the "overpriced" part. Anytime you are dealing with a hot-rodded amp that is not built on a factory line is going to cost money. I mean Marshall JVMs are almost $3000. As far as Mark goes, that is great that he was able to help you and was a great mod guy. It is a shame that his genius went with him when he chose other things in his life. I've been on this forum for years and HC before that. I can assure you that over the years there was nothing people wanted more than for this guy to be modding amps.

giphy.gif

Beyond Black":1z2t6kj7 said:
stephen sawall":1z2t6kj7 said:
Dave's amps sound great to me.
I've got a Friedman modded JMP that I can't take out of the house without someone trying to buy from me.

I’ve heard some great Friedman modded Marshall’s. His amps have that core tone most of us like. I don’t like where he puts the saturation switch, makes the amp dull. I’ve seen a few others say they never use the sat switch. Makes sense.

psychodave":2u6hgwj3 said:
Beyond Black":2u6hgwj3 said:
stephen sawall":2u6hgwj3 said:
Dave's amps sound great to me.
I've got a Friedman modded JMP that I can't take out of the house without someone trying to buy from me.

I’ve heard some great Friedman modded Marshall’s. His amps have that core tone most of us like. I don’t like where he puts the saturation switch, makes the amp dull. I’ve seen a few others say they never use the sat switch. Makes sense.
I’m that guy :D

This. Thread. Sucks!

Lol at the original poster. "Check out this amazing amp"

"Who is Reza?, I really have no idea"

"I just joined this forum, and stumbled upon this obscure YouTube channel with amazing tone"

Lol.

I've tried every amp in the Friedman line-up except the buxom Betty and the new be-50 deluxe and have owned a butterslax, Phil x, and hbe/be modded 78 slp. I think his amps sound great too (especially the hbe/be modded slp I had), but once I compared them side by side with my Cameron modded marshalls (I have joses, Aldrich, ccv and atomica) they just were clearly lacking in comparison. The Cameron's just sounded consistently better in every way to my ears, but I still think his amps are one the best options if you want a current production amp going for a modded Marshall type sound and the buxom boost is one the very best boost pedals I've owned or tried

Had I never gotten any Cameron's, the Friedmans probably would've been keepers, although I actually liked the Gower kk++ and gower rockmonster and kruse mods better for my taste too

Also, for what's it worth, I hated the Langner DCP-1 preamp I used to own (I believe it also had a hyper mod). I thought it sounded awesome at first, but once I compared it to my other stuff, I realized how overcompressed it was and other things it lacked tonally. Maybe his modded Marshalls or other stuff is better, but that was a huge disappointment for me

Look, when this went down it was years ago and I didn't go on a campaign against Dave. I just knew he wasn't the slayer of fire breathing amps, few are. If you like your tone great but I speak the truth and it was time to tell my story when I saw this thread. I'll stay on my side of the street with Langner and Cameron mods standing behind me, all day long.

Back