Chester Bennington committed suicide today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a reaction. Shit builds up.
I been in his shoes numerous times.
Anything can happen to anyone in a bad knee jerk reaction.
I feel bad for all associated to him.
Shit gets deep and you can feel like no way out.

My daughter's best friend killed herself a few months ago. The sad thing is that this girl helped my daughter out of a really rough time just before that and they bonded with a sense of humor, etc. She was fine and then she was gone.

It is such a different time now and seems like it kind of started with Kurt Cobain. I hate to say that because I was a huge Nirvana fan but just seems like musicians have not dealt with things the same way that some of our heroes did back in the day. I mean these guys killing themselves are not "flash in the pan" bands. These are arena bands at the top of their game.

Eric Clapton's son fell to his death out of a hotel window. Robert Plant's young son died of an infection or something. Bands like Metallica, RHCP, etc. have lost band members to car accidents and drug overdoes and they all moved on. Just amazing to me that people would give up everything to end it all.

Mailman1971":1kf6c9y4 said:
Fuck.
I suffer from PTSD
Killed 3 guys back about 20 years ago. Shit haunts me till this day.
Trust me. I know depression will follow you. Makes you doubt reality.

Sorry to hear about that man. One of my buddies from work has PTSD and has some ups and downs that get severe. He has talked about some of the things he went thru but one thing he wont' talk about. His body movements change when he even references it so I know it was rough.

romanianreaper":1o5thaoa said:
Mailman1971":1o5thaoa said:
Fuck.
I suffer from PTSD

Sorry to hear about that man. One of my buddies from work has PTSD and has some ups and downs that get severe. He has talked about some of the things he went thru but one thing he wont' talk about. His body movements change when he even references it so I know it was rough.
Thanks man. I go thru rough times.
I laugh at shit. Mostly.
Not trying. To derail this thread. But when shit is rolling in your head...

Hard to describe. And when it builds. And builds...
Stuff snaps

Mailman1971":1tukfixc said:
Fuck.
I suffer from PTSD

That is some heavy shit brother. Hang in there!

godgrinder":1ipkxufz said:
Korn's singer can fuck off. This post is addressed to him.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You are the epitome of ignorant, and you are showing everyone how dumb and insensitive you are. Eat shit. You have no idea what depression does to someone.

Korndipshit, you think Chris Cornell was weak? That Bennington was weak? That they didn't love their families? That's complete bulllshit. They weren't taking the easy way out. Kornholio needs to grow the fuck up and lay off the weed for a minute and make an attempt to understand the world as it is.

Nobody pushing their careers that hard for so long is weak. These are strong willed people who are saddled with a crushing, crippling mental disease. Just because it's invisible to you, Korn singer, doesn't mean it's not powerfully real. He wasn't sending a message to his fans, you inept dumbass. He was caught in a dark morass that twists his perception and judgment in a way you cannot fathom.

So Korndick, shut the fuck up and try to learn something because you obviously don't understand the first thing about depression. I fucking hate it when ignorant, childish, amateurish motherfuckers pontificate about things they don't understand. Close your mouth and do some research before you open it again.

Of course, suicide leaves devastation in its wake. We all know that. Quit acting like you are revealing something new to the world. We know. In order to begin to understand, you should start with the premise that these people DID love their families deeply, would not leave them easily, and then ask how we can help people in the same situation, who are committed to their families, yet still feel the irresistible impulse to end it all.

THAT would be fucking productive. If you are too stupid or impatient to do so, go fuck off silently so we don't have to hear your bullshit.

errrrrl":2zk9hnjn said:
Mailman1971":2zk9hnjn said:
Fuck.
I suffer from PTSD

That is some heavy shit brother. Hang in there!
Thanks man. Don't really talk about it much.
News like this just flares it. :no:

ElectricVoodoo":zmu5j10s said:
That being said, it's not even one full day in and I've read various things online about his selfishness. I definitely don't recall this much backlash when Cornell did it.

Just odd to me thats all.

I have to admit, those were my first thoughts. I know depression is real and it fucks with unmercifully...but, when you have kids.... Somehow, someway,...you just have to make do IMO. And, when you are as financially secure as they both were, I believe you can get by, even if you don't really want to.

Yes. You just gotta push through it. No matter what.
Not saying it gets better. But all days aren't going to be so hopeless.
Money can't buy rainbows and happiness. But it sure helps. :LOL: :LOL:

We can make excuses and assumptions about these people, but we have no idea what they have gone through. Period. Kids or no kids, families, or no families. It's easy for us to judge their actions sitting at home, typing on a computer.

You don't know what he was going through. Mental illness is a personal thing, and everyone has their own experience with it. I used to think people who committed suicide were cowards, but that was just my ignorance.

Show some respect and just let it be.

squank":2jisz0db said:
godgrinder":2jisz0db said:

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You are the epitome of ignorant, and you are showing everyone how dumb and insensitive you are. Eat shit. You have no idea what depression does to someone.

Korndipshit, you think Chris Cornell was weak? That Bennington was weak? That they didn't love their families? That's complete bulllshit. They weren't taking the easy way out. Kornholio needs to grow the fuck up and lay off the weed for a minute and make an attempt to understand the world as it is.

Nobody pushing their careers that hard for so long is weak. These are strong willed people who are saddled with a crushing, crippling mental disease. Just because it's invisible to you, Korn singer, doesn't mean it's not powerfully real. He wasn't sending a message to his fans, you inept dumbass. He was caught in a dark morass that twists his perception and judgment in a way you cannot fathom.

So Korndick, shut the fuck up and try to learn something because you obviously don't understand the first thing about depression. I fucking hate it when ignorant, childish, amateurish motherfuckers pontificate about things they don't understand. Close your mouth and do some research before you open it again.

Of course, suicide leaves devastation in its wake. We all know that. Quit acting like you are revealing something new to the world. We know. In order to begin to understand, you should start with the premise that these people DID love their families deeply, would not leave them easily, and then ask how we can help people in the same situation, who are committed to their families, yet still feel the irresistible impulse to end it all.

THAT would be fucking productive. If you are too stupid or impatient to do so, go fuck off silently so we don't have to hear your bullshit.
I was going to respond to this thread and, in particular, that post, but didn't have the time to articulate the level ignorance that it sends. I probably wouldn't have made it as much of a personal attack against that dude (he's clearly not the only one with that twisted view), but having lost a family member to suicide, I echo the rest of your sentiments entirely.

RIP Chester. My heart goes out to his kids and rest of his family.

With all the musician deaths in the last few years, I can't help but thinking, who is next, which is terrible.

Hopefully not the beginnings of a cluster of suicides, which sometimes are almost contagious within a particular community. Happened in a high school where I lived a few years back. Something about the public responses to the suicides somehow eggs on more.

IndyWS6":diqgs3tv said:
squank":diqgs3tv said:
godgrinder":diqgs3tv said:

I was going to respond to this thread and, in particular, that post, but didn't have the time to articulate the level ignorance that it sends. I probably wouldn't have made it as much of a personal attack against that dude (he's clearly not the only one with that twisted view), but having lost a family member to suicide, I echo the rest of your sentiments entirely.

Brian (HEAD) isn't the singer; he's the guitarist.

Read his book - he knows what he's talking about. He's seen hell personally. He's dealt with depression, substance abuse, and suicide as well, so he does have a place to have an opinion - just like all the keyboard commandos around here.

He was friends with Chester too. He also made another statement later in the day that basically said he shouldn't have siad it, but he was really upset about the whole thing, and spoke when he shouldn't have - he's dealing with grief too.

Chris O":l60id771 said:
IndyWS6":l60id771 said:
squank":l60id771 said:
godgrinder":l60id771 said:

Read his book - he knows what he's talking about. He's seen hell personally. He's dealt with depression, substance abuse, and suicide as well, so he does have a place to have an opinion - just like all the keyboard commandos around here.

He was friends with Chester too. He also made another statement later in the day that basically said he shouldn't have siad it, but he was really upset about the whole thing, and spoke when he shouldn't have - he's dealing with grief too.
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but to say that people who commit suicide are weak and don't care about their families is ignorant and insensitive. Even in a moment of grief. That's my opinion...

IndyWS6":3vvmj8nd said:
Chris O":3vvmj8nd said:
IndyWS6":3vvmj8nd said:
squank":3vvmj8nd said:
godgrinder":3vvmj8nd said:

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but to say that people who commit suicide are weak and don't care about their families is ignorant and insensitive. Even in a moment of grief. That's my opinion...

Having that opinion was fine; putting it in a public forum was not the best idea. Internet has created a whole new world of Thought Police though. Some people just need to pump the brakes. Just like the comments Squank made, when he doesn't know a thing about the person making the comments - he doesn't even know WHO he is or what his life experiences were. Ironic.

Here was Brian's later comment - "I didn't mean to sound insensitive about Chester. Just dealing with a range of emotions today. Love you Chester. I'm pissed that you did this, but I know this could have been me back in the day after getting wasted one night."

He posted a video last night as well. Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/brianheadwelch/

Chris O":2tbhnppe said:
IndyWS6":2tbhnppe said:
Chris O":2tbhnppe said:
IndyWS6":2tbhnppe said:
squank":2tbhnppe said:
godgrinder":2tbhnppe said:

Having that opinion was fine; putting it in a public forum was not the best idea. Internet has created a whole new world of Thought Police though. Some people just need to pump the brakes. Just like the comments Squank made, when he doesn't know a thing about the person making the comments - he doesn't even know WHO he is or what his life experiences were. Ironic.

Here was Brian's later comment - "I didn't mean to sound insensitive about Chester. Just dealing with a range of emotions today. Love you Chester. I'm pissed that you did this, but I know this could have been me back in the day after getting wasted one night."
People say things in the heat of the moment that they regret. He clearly does, so kudos to him for following-up...

IndyWS6":g1tgen9p said:
Chris O":g1tgen9p said:
IndyWS6":g1tgen9p said:
Chris O":g1tgen9p said:

People say things in the heat of the moment that they regret. He clearly does, so kudos to him for following-up...

Head is about as genuine a person as there is. I've met him personally, while he was out of Korn. My short time spent hanging out in an airport with him on Father's Day 2010 made a huge impact on my life personally. He might be a rock star, but he doesn't act like one - he's a real person, genuine, and very down-to-earth. He'd be the first to admit his faults and transgressions - just as he did with the video he posted later. Not many would have the thoughtfulness to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back