Chester Bennington committed suicide today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cant believe he took his life. I loved hybrid theory when it was released. I could never get into anything after that but i know they had a huge fan base. So sad when somebody takes their life and has children.

Chris O":2t0uay4n said:
Brian (HEAD) isn't the singer; he's the guitarist.

Read his book - he knows what he's talking about. He's seen hell personally. He's dealt with depression, substance abuse, and suicide as well, so he does have a place to have an opinion - just like all the keyboard commandos around here.

He was friends with Chester too. He also made another statement later in the day that basically said he shouldn't have siad it, but he was really upset about the whole thing, and spoke when he shouldn't have - he's dealing with grief too.
None of that matters. I was addressing the shitty comment, not whether or not he's the singer. It was similar to other shitty comments made that day, both here and elsewhere, so I took the opportunity to respond.

I'm sure he was dealing with grief, but that should be done privately. Once you send it out to the world via social media or via an interview, you aren't dealing with personal grief. You are responsible for those words, and an apology later that day doesn't make up for it. People cause additional hurt and pain when they broadcast ignorant statements like he did. We are all responsible for what we say publicly.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion. His experiences are different. I'm glad he made it through his troubles. Chad didn't. Sharing ignorant, hurtful opinions publicly, like Head did, don't go with a pass.

Bob Savage":h0q59osi said:
Blackbird":h0q59osi said:
amiller":h0q59osi said:
Imagine having an illness that pushes you to a state of mind where you are incapable of making normal decisions. When you're feeling "normal" you would NEVER even seriously consider killing yourself. But when your illness pushes you out of you're mind you're not thinking about the brave or right thing to do. You're obsessed with trying to end the pain. You are literally out of your mind and out of control of rational decisions. You're on a train wreck about to happen with NO way to put on the brakes.

R.I.P Chester and may your family have the strength to get through this tragedy...peace.

Sorry, that's bullshit. Like many people, I've dealt with depression before. But, you have to seek help or deal with it anyway you can. These guys should have checked themselves into a clinic, or something. Hell, pay a group of guys to beat the shit out of you-fight club style....whatever. What I'm saying is you can see it coming on....deal with it anyway possible besides ending it all.

Of course, because you have made the right decisions (so far), everybody else should be capable of being just like you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_thinking

You just don't get it. It has nothing to do with me. It's simply NOT an option if you truly care about the well being of your children. I don't give a shit how down and out you are. None of it should impact your kids. If one thinks differently, then they have ultimately made the choice that their feelings matter more which is quite selfish. Don't act like there is NO self control ....that's BS.

***Just wanted to add: Take Chester's suicide for instance....this sick fuck actually pre-planned his to coincide with Cornell's birthday because he meant so much to him .....his six kids....evidently not as much. As insensitive as that sounds, it appears to be the case.

Shawn Lutz":1ky86gv1 said:
sad....I do not understand how anyone with children can self check out like this. I feel bad for his kids, just like Chris Cornell's - their fathers took the cowards way out. No pity for people who commit suicide, only for the damage they leave behind for their family members who have to deal with the pain and fallout.

I agree completely!

Shit you fanboys are ornery. What do they call you guys anyways, Bennaddicts?
In case you missed it, I said in my opinion. They were a cream puff boy band who hadn't done anything noteworthy for 14 years.
They also refused any ties and association to metal and would not grant an interview to metal documentary producers as result. Too good for that I guess. But they made "paper", so theyre hardcore talented badasses right? Please..
Maybe to little skaterbois at the time. Anyone here who listened to them should just turn in their metal/shred card go buy some fashionable Dickies pants and a turntable. (oh no he didn't!)

Bob Savage":15lb8i40 said:
Shawn Lutz":15lb8i40 said:
their fathers took the cowards way out.

It's a shame it's not this simple.

That is very true. No one said life was easy...its much easier to die than to live in this fucked up world of life...having said that I want to endure it until I reach at least 100 years old. If I didn't have plenty of family, wife, kids, grandson, friends that love me I would have a different take on things and want to move on to the next step after life on earth. I'm cursed with impatience, live at a much higher tempo than a lot of people do in this world.

I was reading the lyrics for "Crawling" as I was listening to it and it makes a lot of sense. I know a lot of guitarist don't care for Linkin Park but I like that track and would take Chester's vocals over any gargle with glass cookie monster vocals any day of the week.

Shawn Lutz":2gnd0c98 said:
Bob Savage":2gnd0c98 said:
Shawn Lutz":2gnd0c98 said:

That is very true. No one said life was easy...its much easier to die than to live in this fucked up world of life...having said that I want to endure it until I reach at least 100 years old. If I didn't have plenty of family, wife, kids, grandson, friends that love me I would have a different take on things and want to move on to the next step after life on earth. I'm cursed with impatience, live at a much higher tempo than a lot of people do in this world.

I was reading the lyrics for "Crawling" as I was listening to it and it makes a lot of sense. I know a lot of guitarist don't care for Linkin Park but I like that track and would take Chester's vocals over any gargle with glass cookie monster vocals any day of the week.

Nothing I can say will change your mind on the topic. When I was a much younger man I held the opinion that suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Then I gained more life experience over time and realized that thinking suicide is the "easy way out" just isn't the case.

The video below is a man tormented by demons. I feel terrible not only for the families and friends but also those who perceive suicide is the best thing not only for them but that everyone else will be better off without them too. Many people who commit suicide believe this, regardless of how twisted it seems to those of us still thinking rationally.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_-zeWYM ... e=youtu.be

Bob Savage":qy7rs6wh said:
Shawn Lutz":qy7rs6wh said:
Bob Savage":qy7rs6wh said:
Shawn Lutz":qy7rs6wh said:

Nothing I can say will change your mind on the topic. When I was a much younger man I held the opinion that suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Then I gained more life experience over time and realized that thinking suicide is the "easy way out" just isn't the case.

The video below is a man tormented by demons. I feel terrible not only for the families and friends but also those who perceive suicide is the best thing not only for them but that everyone else will be better off without them too. Many people who commit suicide believe this, regardless of how twisted it seems to those of us still thinking rationally.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC_-zeWYM ... e=youtu.be

I get it, I truly do and totally understand everything he said there. I've been there with the exception of a lot of bad things happening to me throughout my life, I'm truly blessed in that regard but cursed with seeing things in people others cant see. I just can't end the ride myself and feel spiritually that suicide, in a sense is just a reset button that one has to restart over from scratch again yet have to endure everything all over again until they complete the God/Creator's intended journey for them. I personally don't want that or leave the damage behind for my loved ones. I'll die naturally or by the hand of others when my time comes and asked my family not to mourn...yet celebrate as I'll be to the next chapter and take comfort that I will be there waiting for them and ease them through the process.

It is sad that people close to the Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain etc can't see the pain they are in... usually because they are so good at hiding or acting like everything is fine when it really isn't :(

Bob Savage":2o8h1g3t said:
When I was a much younger man I held the opinion that suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Then I gained more life experience over time and realized that thinking suicide is the "easy way out" just isn't the case.

Of course, because you have made the right decisions (so far), everybody else should be capable of being just like you.

That's right....I just flipped that shit on you, ya know-it-all hypocrite. :yes:

Blackbird":28qcw7n3 said:
Bob Savage":28qcw7n3 said:
When I was a much younger man I held the opinion that suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Then I gained more life experience over time and realized that thinking suicide is the "easy way out" just isn't the case.

That's right....I just flipped that shit on you, ya know-it-all hypocrite. :yes:

You don't understand. If you like to learn, re-read the wiki.

Shawn Lutz":1zcw44p6 said:
I get it, I truly do and totally understand everything he said there. I've been there with the exception of a lot of bad things happening to me throughout my life, I'm truly blessed in that regard but cursed with seeing things in people others cant see. I just can't end the ride myself and feel spiritually that suicide, in a sense is just a reset button that one has to restart over from scratch again yet have to endure everything all over again until they complete the God/Creator's intended journey for them. I personally don't want that or leave the damage behind for my loved ones. I'll die naturally or by the hand of others when my time comes and asked my family not to mourn...yet celebrate as I'll be to the next chapter and take comfort that I will be there waiting for them and ease them through the process.

It is sad that people close to the Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain etc can't see the pain they are in... usually because they are so good at hiding or acting like everything is fine when it really isn't :(

Agreed completely and can really relate to your first couple sentences.

Bob Savage":luf4pa3e said:
Blackbird":luf4pa3e said:
Bob Savage":luf4pa3e said:

You don't understand. If you like to learn, re-read the wiki.

You need to read it, fuckface.

Well...based on Benningtons wife tweets that she took down the same day, she was sleeping with his mate Mike Shinoda and she literally told him - you should kill yourself, no one would care. She released those a day or two after he did it only to realise the what a whore she is. She also said she did not love him and she stayed cause the money was good. That would set off maybe even a guy who has not been fighting mental issues since childhood.

squank":ti2mgcrd said:
Chris O":ti2mgcrd said:
Brian (HEAD) isn't the singer; he's the guitarist.

Read his book - he knows what he's talking about. He's seen hell personally. He's dealt with depression, substance abuse, and suicide as well, so he does have a place to have an opinion - just like all the keyboard commandos around here.

He was friends with Chester too. He also made another statement later in the day that basically said he shouldn't have siad it, but he was really upset about the whole thing, and spoke when he shouldn't have - he's dealing with grief too.
None of that matters. I was addressing the shitty comment, not whether or not he's the singer. It was similar to other shitty comments made that day, both here and elsewhere, so I took the opportunity to respond.

I'm sure he was dealing with grief, but that should be done privately. Once you send it out to the world via social media or via an interview, you aren't dealing with personal grief. You are responsible for those words, and an apology later that day doesn't make up for it. People cause additional hurt and pain when they broadcast ignorant statements like he did. We are all responsible for what we say publicly.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion. His experiences are different. I'm glad he made it through his troubles. Chad didn't. Sharing ignorant, hurtful opinions publicly, like Head did, don't go with a pass.

Yeah, it matters.

My point - you didn't even know who he was or who you were talking about...never mind what HE has been through, and took him to task for it. You said he 'had no fucking idea what he was talking about'. You said he knew nothing about depression. He sure as fuck does, cuz that's what he and I spoke about when I was hangin with him at the airport 7 years ago. He quite literally helped me face my own issues which happened to be crippling anxiety. It was quite literally killing me.

Then, you decide to throw out your own "hurtful" opinion publicly. You tell a sober man to 'lay off the weed', 'make an attempt to understand the world as it is', 'do some research'. You proceed to tell someone how they shouldn't broadcast things publicly...on an internet BB. Maybe you should have gone to 'fuck off silently so we don't have to hear your bullshit'.

So, I was 'addressing the shitty comment' you made in an equally ignorant tirade.

Ironic much? :confused:

D-Rock":2l2g41gp said:
That was confirmed as a hacked twitter account.

you cant be serious.. who the F would do that, people are sick :no:

my bad should have checked my sources a day or two after..

I'm sorry for the people who take their own lives, but more sorry for the people left to deal with the aftermath.
My prayers go out to the families and friends mourning the loss.
I'm just surprised at all the wise men on the guitar forum !!
You guys should start an online counseling service since you seem to have the answers for all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back