Choose your 1 80's album/amp tone.

Ratt - invasion of your privacy would be my pick.....and if I drift into 1990 like many have I would say lynches tone on wicked sensation, well more specifically on the song "for a million years" ... that tone is MASSIVE

JohnRageOn":2wbawq2f said:
Haven't posted here in ages!
All have already mentioned many of my favorite albums/tones/players.

I would like to mention Gary Moore's Victims of the Future with Jeff Glixman serving as producer!
YES! The tone on Shapes of Things is brutal!

zz666":1j462ydj said:
The G chord during the intro of Mean Streets is THE greatest G chord ever recorded

I know EXACTLY what you mean! There's a similar one in Sinner's Swing at the "Soon you'll see my silouette...." breakdown bit at about 2.09 which I think is probably the best chord ever recorded haha!

Eric Johnson - Tones
This thread reminds me of back in the day when I would get so excited when a new issue of Guitar For The Practicing Musician would come out. The good ole days...
8811gtr.JPG

Eh, few more honorable mentions i dig from back in the day...

Im more of a John Arch fan (AWAKEN GUARDIAN) although this tone kills me.
What more can you say about Jeff Waters. Just amazing.
When i got this, everything else was on the back burner for months.

HilltopExplosion":7k8guhbn said:
Too hard to pick a fave.. too damn many good ones! But heard this today and remembered how much I liked it back then.. I laugh and think of Jim Breuer every time he yells EWW! But I like that nasty, grindy slide and rock 'n' roll

But I think I listened to this album more that any other, and still luvit!

Yes, :rock:

I'll throw in 1984 as well.

Bark at the moon... Jake , IMO, is overlooked when the "who's the best ozzy guitarist" or just left out of great guitarist conversations period.

The solo tone on bark at the moon was the first time I went... I want to "SOUND" like that.

If I had to choose just one '80s guitarist / sound: Johnny Marr - The Smiths (debut album) - still my fav

For '80s Metal: Stryper - In God We Trust or White Lion (Vito Bratta) - Big Game; I'd have to go with Vito for the win for my fav guitar tone/sounds for metal, and my fav non-death metal guitarist from the '80s.

FTW, I still dig Poison...I had some of my best times back in the day because of Poison's music. CC DeVille. :D

Flame away ;)

Back