CLIP - Mesa Rectoverb

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":f4517 said:
>|<>QBB<

Does this clip sound crappy to you? I'm digging it myself, but I imagine some won't.

No, far from crappy. It's just that I can't enjoy it to its full potential on my notebook speakers.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":c3695 said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks! I've been getting the "too much bass" comments for quite a while now with alot of clips. I guess I'm dialing in more and more lately. I thought this clip (Rectoverb) wasn't too bad, though.

So the lows are just a little excessive?

Just depends on what you're after. For me, it was too much - it caused some boominess - at least on my speakers I hear it that way, and my speakers aren't studio-monitors by any means :)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":37b3c said:
I think that "raw" mode clip is pretty darn Marshally sounding. Anyone agree?

All of them sound great - the tone for all of them is "thick" - it's in the attack...

As much as I disliked Recto's when I had my TSL, when Pete brought over a Racktifier, that started me thinking better of them - and when another guy brought over a Triple, I nearly shit myself how good it sounded. I played my Orange afterwards and that's when I started thinking of selling it...

Ive heard or the Rectoverb, but never messed with one. Whats the diff? A Recto with reverb or what?

Very nice!
I enjoyed all 3 clips. Sounded like my Single Rectifier to me :D
The single has always been my fave of the rectifier series.

The bottom end is always very present when recording chug type chords as I remember.

Honestly that amp is not very conducive to your style of playing......just being honest. It's more conducive to mine lol.......but I'm not trying to knock you......I've heard clips you've done with amps that you had that sounded better for what you do...

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":d7fa3 said:
>|<>QBB<

Really? Wow, interesting! Do you remember which clips I did that you liked the most? I'm actually really digging this amp! It is very different than others I've owned, so I agree with you there.

Chris

LOL I think it was your XXX lol......I dunno you've had so many......VHT CL maybe......I know you had a Laney, DSL, Uber, JCM 800, fiffy one fiffy.......dude I'm not saying this because I own one but.......you should try a Tiny Terror with a boost......I bet you would love it...I just hear that sound in your playing...

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":04e25 said:
>|<>QBB<

I know what you're saying... I am digging thicker tones lately, though, and this Mesa certainly gets thicker tones!

I'd love to try a Tiny Terror!

I dig the Mesa stuff too.....miss the hell out of the Dual Recto I sold.....anytime you want to ditch the Rectoverb and want to try the TT.....you know who to call.... :LOL: 8)

Yeah that's the clip that gassed me for the amp.....it has some thickness but also alot of clarity when you boost it.. 8)

Back