CLIP - Mesa Rectoverb

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":7101c said:
I think that "raw" mode clip is pretty darn Marshally sounding. Anyone agree?

nope, only at the start, for some damn reason the things don't seem to do a half bad EVH tone.

other than that it sounds like a rectifier with a reverb.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":a1f9a said:
>|<>QBB<

Really? Wow, interesting! Do you remember which clips I did that you liked the most? I'm actually really digging this amp! It is very different than others I've owned, so I agree with you there.

Chris

Since you asked (well, not me directly) - I'd say those clips you had with the DSL were among your best clips.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":fc6f5 said:
>|<>QBB<

That definitely sounds good! No doubt about that. I wish he'd do another clip without the TS9, though. I'd like to hear that amp by itself.

Does it sound thick and meaty in person or not so much?

The Rockerverb I had was very thick sounding - and dark. In the end, my ears shifted towards brighter sounds when I got my drumset, which was around the same time I sold my Marshall cab (kicks self in rear), and the guy I sold it to brought over the Mesa Triple Rect...

You might really like the Rockerverb. I'd like to hear/play the Tiny Terror first-hand sometime, but, I don't think I will want to after the JVM arrives. Me thinks it'll be the last amp I care to own :)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":20deb said:
>|<>QBB<

Hmmm, really? While that "raw" mode doesn't sound EXACTLY like a Marshall, I think it sounds like a "thicker" Marshall. Sounds like a single channel JCM800 or the green channel on a DSL100 with the crunch switch engaged to me. Probably more like the latter.

Either way, I'm very happy with the recorded tones I got today with minimal effort. I fully expected this amp to be hard to record and it's not! YAY FOR ME! lol...

Chris

I'd say thicker, darker, and with the mids shifted a bit lower, IMO :)

I had a DSL 100 over with my Tiny T......sure the DSL had more headroom and tone control options but honestly the TT was way more exciting to play and did the pissed off Marshally thing I think better than the solid but somewhat vanilla sounding DSL..

Back