Diezel d-moll shipping yet ?

The vid with PS playing has been on my brain alot. That amp sound soooo nice. I wonder how close it might get to Lynch Mob era George Lynch tone? I'm bettin g it will even do a 70s era Aerosmith tone. Obviously the clean and high gain tones are stellar!!!!

Jim

cheftie":1ha0aakv said:
No hard feelings but I hope the amp doesn't actually sound like this.
Regardless of the price tag I really hope it's a true Diezel.
Thanks for posting.

When I do the fine adjustment on new designs I have always
some Diezel amps on the workbench to compare.
If I copy my own schematics, the result on a new layout will
sometimes completely different. I need several days for a final
mod and use lot of guitars and cabs. So please no concerns
that any Diezel is completely out of the used soundrange.
The only bad thing is that I´m never satisfied with myself :LOL: :LOL:

Peter, I'm confident it's a killer amp. You most likely wouldn't have been able to get proper night sleep if that wasn't the case :LOL: :LOL: Even when you're not 100% sure that it's a spot on design none of us would ever recognise it because it would sound so damn good.
I was actually referring to the recordings as I wasnt sure they did the amp's justice. I found them somewhat weak and resembling solid state which is far from the Diezel voice. It's a tricky job when one needs to mic an amp and doesn't have the right environment and equipment.
Didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings. :) In any case kahawe's description was very interesting to read and gave a better idea of the amp's character. Can't wait to try one. :rock:

Peter Diezel":bcf0wiaf said:
It´s 2:30 am and I will go to the workshop testing a new
transformer set. Please explain the word "night sleep" :LOL: :LOL:

02:30.....you just got home from the pub, didn't you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Peter Diezel":3c4iko1m said:
grrr_me_scary":3c4iko1m said:
Can anyone confirm a US price for the D Moll?

We cannot promise anything but our aim is to be less than 3000 USD

This price would work for me since I put my modded Herbert up for sale a few days ago for the same amount to get one of these amps.

I mainly want one of these amps because I need a Diezel amp that would fit in the same rack case that my Mark V has been kept in at the studio and it looks like the head casing of the D Moll would fit in there (space is limited these days since I had moved from a huge house to a small condo (I had to sell off all my Diezel cabs because of the move)).

And a Diezel amp is a Diezel amp so it will sound great no matter the size!!!

Tonight's the night :rock:

If all goes well i'll be a happy D-moll owner this evening :)

btw : Peter , next time if I start a post like this it should be :

" xxxx shipping yet " , reply to threath " yes " , threath closed :D

Really looking forward to finally play and hear the dmoll :thumbsup:

Raf

im intrigued by this amp. im thinking it might be for me..but need to play one first to decide.

Diezel d-moll in da house :rock: , only played it shortly in the guitarcandy shop ... Really impressed , ch 2 has plenty of gain for me , even at gain less then 12 o clock :yes: , cleans are awesome as well !

And the look , craftmanship , such a clean and mean amp ... A less is more approach really appeals to me , the amp really screams quality

Tommorrow some more testing , esp 4 cm with my eleven rack

First dmoll in benelux is mine hell yeah , thx guitarcandy

Raf

Awesome! Has anyone here ordered the standard D Moll head from Thomann? According to their site the standard head is already in stock, while the metal grill shipment is due to arrive on 23/11/12!!!

OK, educate me... the direct-out on the back of the dmoll: is that just the pure preamp signal? Or is it "compensated" (as if through a cab)? Plug that directly from direct-out into audio interface or would I need some box in between?

Ultimately, how and why would one use that direct-out signal? To layer it on top of a mic-recorded track or send it through cab emulation or...?

kahawe":28iwwdlp said:
OK, educate me... the direct-out on the back of the dmoll: is that just the pure preamp signal? Or is it "compensated" (as if through a cab)? Plug that directly from direct-out into audio interface or would I need some box in between?

Ultimately, how and why would one use that direct-out signal? To layer it on top of a mic-recorded track or send it through cab emulation or...?

Yeah, good question.

I tried using the direct out of another amp into a recording interface and it didn't sound to great.

However, I hear that a person could layer the signal/track with an IR cab to make it sound good.

So what store will have one of these in CA??

I would hate to sell my Herbie then find this amp wasn't for me (I am hoping this will save rack space and still get a killer Diezel tone).

Is the width of the D Moll small enough to be racked?

If not, then I would keep it in a head rack case.

Edit: Hey, I am a NOOB now!!!

Whatever the hell that means, lol.

Back