Fortin Amps ZUUL

engage757":163fpe7f said:
Believe they should all be shipped by today. You might check your spam folder. Been having issues with emails hitting spam filters.

Maybe because your shit is ALL SPAM! How ironic?? :LOL: :LOL:

engage757":xm1tmshh said:
7 Stringer":xm1tmshh said:
Mine is on its way, got confirmation this morning!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks!

We have been trying to streamline the shipping process a little bit more, Canada Post integration with the website, etc. Now trying to get USPS integration done, and all that. At least the website doesn't crash from traffic every time a new product comes out now. That was such a hassle. :doh:

Really happy to see this amount of support for Mike though. He's a genius and a wonderful guy. Really amazing to see the following building up like crazy around him. I don't think either of us were prepared for the demand.

:rock:

Weird though that mine was shipoed from the states and i live in Canada?

Anyway, i am really excited to get this thing and put it up against my Decimator II. By the looks of it, the Zuul will be crushing!!!!!

I guess curiosity does indeed kill the cat...you guys got me thinking about my ISP Decimator (the original). I have it sitting just past my OD->ISP->EQ-> front of amp and I've been fine with that for a long time, but now I'm wondering about trying something new/different. I thought the only difference between the Decimator and the II is the ability to feed a side signal in there, but everything else is the same, is this correct?

For those who may have gone the ZUUL route, was it better, different, the same, worth the change?

sutepaj":24njxvq8 said:
I never understood even needing a noise gate.

I am sure you do not play high gain METAL at high stage volume.

Used before the amp, gets very Djenty, super tight attack, needed for this genre. Also helps with feedback and ambient noise artifacts.

Used in the loop, kills all pre amp hiss and artifacts, also helps with feedback and keeps everything whisper quiet.

Lower gain do not really need one.

Yeah. If you use very high gain amps and a lot of effects? You need a gate. Lower volumes and clean tones not so much honestly.

Mine did arrive and works pretty damn good. It’s a keeper for me. My ISP worked ok, but I do like the Zuul better.

stratjacket":o8thslyq said:
Mine did arrive and works pretty damn good. It’s a keeper for me. My ISP worked ok, but I do like the Zuul better.

Same for me, the hilarious thing is I find zuul sitting in the box because it is hideous.

Lmao embarrassingly so. :aww:

I feel like a snotty HS kid with that $5 “truck stop hat” graphic.

Totally farce.

I spent The least 15 years listening to, hanging out with, playing with, and guitar teching for top tier metal band. Dudes are not into this skull and death crap, worshipping the devil, or biting off bat heads...

I consider hitting it with black spraypaint but then I kill resale. :doh:

moltenmetalburn":gtj4p4py said:
stratjacket":gtj4p4py said:

Same for me, the hilarious thing is I find zuul sitting in the box because it is hideous.

Totally farce.

I spent The least 15 years listening to, hanging out with, playing with, and guitar teching for top tier metal band. Dudes are not into this skull and death crap, worshipping the devil, or biting off bat heads...

Try some gaffer tape on the front instead of spray paint. You can get it in flat black or a whole bunch of colors if you like.
https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/ ... 3-x-60-yds

I picked up a Zuul used and it’s pretty cool and I like it . However it does lop off a little bit of high end.

I dont mind the graphics at ll, i even find it super cool looking. Gives it a dark doomy vibe, people are are gonna be asking questions about for sure, witch is a good thing!!!

psychodave":1r82aocc said:
I picked up a Zuul used and it’s pretty cool and I like it . However it does lop off a little bit of high end.

Does it cut notes off when using cleans or rolled back volume? My buffer should take care of the top end roll off but I can't deal with the degradation of cleaner notes.

Oblivion DC":1ly4c4yd said:
moltenmetalburn":1ly4c4yd said:
stratjacket":1ly4c4yd said:

Totally farce.

Try some gaffer tape on the front instead of spray paint. You can get it in flat black or a whole bunch of colors if you like.
https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/ ... 3-x-60-yds

Good idea, thanks!

Back