Fractal Audio Axe-fx +, -, ? and now Kemper KPA has arrived.

hey guys! I know it's frustrating having to wait for the new Ax Fx and complaining about the rollout, but I have to say I managed a music store for 6 years and even the "Big Boys" screw up eta's. Roland particularly comes to mind. I can't think of one year that we got our product for the store even close to the timeframe they told us we would have it in. I know we're all really anxious, but it will happen when it happens. Anybody that sold their rig anticipating availability of the new Axefx didn't follow Murphy's law....whatever can go wrong will go wrong, eh?
Cliff, take the complaints with a grain of salt. What you have created is amazing

Cliff's a better man than me-I would have told those talking shit to F-off and deleted their reservation. Go play with your line 6-amp whatever.

Mark Day":1fwcyhjj said:
I had the fortunate advantage that I actually got to try the AxeII before ordering. In my opinion it is a significant improvement over the Ultra. You may call that BS, but that is my opinion just like your opinion is that it is not that much of an improvement. People will be on both sides of the fence, personal opinions only and not necessarily BS on either side of the fence.

I will keep my Ultra because it will make a very reliable upgrade to the G Major II that I currently have in my OD100's rack. I have had bad luck with that unit and other TC units in the past. I must report that TC has graciously answered my email this morning and will have another crack at repairing my G MajorII.

Mark
I have a Gmajor II and have yet to really tinker with it whats goin on with yers??

I except cliff his appoligies and I feel sorry for his health.

But I find it typical that two FAS mods are trying to put the pressure up here. This behaviour is exactly one of the reasons lots of FAS owners are pissed and become super critical. It is not the fact that a product is delayed it is HOW it is presented. It is not that customer questions are not been answered it HOW their questions are answered. Every little question and remark is looked at and checked if it is not critical and if there is a small chance of negativity the mods start pissing or sent you a PM what your problem is and by this set the tone of further conversation. And please get rit of Jay Mitchell. He seriously is the worst communicator I have ever seen on a forum creating blood baths.

Indeed other manufactures have delays on their products but they are able to give their custumors the right answer and feel and never ask you what your problem is. They just explain what the reason is and say sorry or ask you if you still want the product. Stop that freaking negativity to your customers even when they are negative.

Again custumor relations and communication is a profession. Get help now because after the people have their new II their dependency (risk of kicked out) is over and they will not take the BS anymore.

Take a rest cliff and see the change of your customer relation and communication as the best medicine you can get. Customers are not the enemy you can shoot. They pay your bills.

I have been a musician for over 33 years. In those years I have waited for many products that were supposed to be available "at a specified time". I can think of a few that I was particularly anxious for. Two come to mind were promised by the companies' sales reps to my face in a store, I even tried the sales reps' product demos. One took a year to receive, the other took 2 years. Big companies, too. Peavey and Korg.

We think because of the internet, that companies now owe us an flowchart of everything they are doing. Frig I have seen pictures of gear in sales catalogs that were going to be available "this quarter" that were never, ever available....ever, period.

The internet is both really good, but can be really ridiculous as well.

I can name several products from some of my favorite companies that were promised at least 2 years ago that still aren't available.
They don't give their projects' timeline and prospectus out on the web after their incorrect launch dates have long come and gone. At least Fractal are delivering units and now TM will be sending some out!

We keep going back to Apple and people say "Well it's not the same!!" Well it kind of is. Apple leaks that there is a new iPhone or MacBook or iPad or whatever and everyone goes bananas....me included. Someone buys a MacBook Pro then 3 months later a new. faster, sleeker design is out, bummer.

My cellphone contract came up and I was eligible for a new phone, Bell Canada says no way will we have an iPhone. 2 months later Bell announces they will have the iPhone and now I got stuck with a 3 yr contract on a phone I didn't want...bummer for me. Fast forward 2 yrs and I decide to upgrade another phone and get the iPhone 3gs, guess what? 3 months later they announce the iPhone 4, now I'm in a 3yr contract with the 3gs...lol, wtf???!!! Oh well.

Some of you guys are taking this a little too far, quite frankly there's enough drama that it could easily feed the needs of many, many groups of young women :)

I sure hope Cliff gets his health in order, he certainly doesn't deserve an ulcer. For those that are less than sympathetic to that health scare, well you folks truly need some help, really.

What we all seem to forget at times is that these companies (especially the smaller boutique type companies) are run by human beings. People that work ridiculous hours, people that are excited and proud of what they are designing and building. We want companies to be humans and when they act like humans some of us point a heavy finger and want castration for the offender. We ALL live in glass houses.

Mark

Mark Day":2mgi60sq said:
Some of you guys are taking this a little too far, quite frankly there's enough drama that it could easily feed the needs of many, many groups of young women :)
I think you might be on to something. Maybe the AxeFX tends to turn men into women. An odd hypothesis for sure, but tends to explain years worth of behavior surrounding the unit.

New amp sim next FW should be the Drampma.
It will sing, scream, cry and stamp it's feet until it gets it's way.

Mark

Mark Day":rahsr6y9 said:
I have been a musician for over 33 years. In those years I have waited for many products that were supposed to be available "at a specified time". I can think of a few that I was particularly anxious for. Two come to mind were promised by the companies' sales reps to my face in a store, I even tried the sales reps' product demos. One took a year to receive, the other took 2 years. Big companies, too. Peavey and Korg.

We think because of the internet, that companies now owe us an flowchart of everything they are doing. Frig I have seen pictures of gear in sales catalogs that were going to be available "this quarter" that were never, ever available....ever, period.

The internet is both really good, but can be really ridiculous as well.

I can name several products from some of my favorite companies that were promised at least 2 years ago that still aren't available.
They don't give their projects' timeline and prospectus out on the web after their incorrect launch dates have long come and gone. At least Fractal are delivering units and now TM will be sending some out!

We keep going back to Apple and people say "Well it's not the same!!" Well it kind of is. Apple leaks that there is a new iPhone or MacBook or iPad or whatever and everyone goes bananas....me included. Someone buys a MacBook Pro then 3 months later a new. faster, sleeker design is out, bummer.

My cellphone contract came up and I was eligible for a new phone, Bell Canada says no way will we have an iPhone. 2 months later Bell announces they will have the iPhone and now I got stuck with a 3 yr contract on a phone I didn't want...bummer for me. Fast forward 2 yrs and I decide to upgrade another phone and get the iPhone 3gs, guess what? 3 months later they announce the iPhone 4, now I'm in a 3yr contract with the 3gs...lol, wtf???!!! Oh well.

I sure hope Cliff gets his health in order, he certainly doesn't deserve an ulcer. For those that are less than sympathetic to that health scare, well you folks truly need some help, really.

What we all seem to forget at times is that these companies (especially the smaller boutique type companies) are run by human beings. People that work ridiculous hours, people that are excited and proud of what they are designing and building. We want companies to be humans and when they act like humans some of us point a heavy finger and want castration for the offender. We ALL live in glass houses.

Mark
:yes: :thumbsup: Good post.

Health is the most important thing we have, and in case my opinion came across otherwise and trivialized a man's well being... well that's not right.

Ventura":214oclil said:
To Ron, aka "electronpirate"... (And gtr31 and the rest of you who care...)

You started 'name calling', how mature. Look Ron, my premise is based on the fact that there's been squat info given since day 1. So ya ya ya, thanks for the apologies Cliff, sorry about the ulcer, but FIX IT. Now, Ron, you're over here on RT soil as opposed to your usual Fa-Fa-Land digs, go home if you don't dig the heat. I'm not over there blazing your scene any more, you know why? Oh, because no one CAN speak their mind over there due to the militant egocentric moderators et al. But now you're coming over here - and I'm sure a few other places where people are starting to speak their collective minds on this matter. What, didn't expect spillover from your "we're only a 300 member forum"..?? The reason it's only 300 members is because the number of lurkers never commit to an account once they see the bullshit policing that goes on over there - and now, what, you're over here telling ME how it is?? Back off, dude.

I'm not supposed to know squat about Cliff's business - as you so eloquently stated and supported in your <slap> retort earlier on in this thread. Fine, I don't know anything about Cliff, or his business, or his product, or his schedule or anything... Me and pretty well everyone else - THAT'S THE PROBLEM!! Add to this a whack of cats WISHING to garner some INFORMATION on the very SITE dedicated TO fractal audio, and they're getting SHUT DOWN and dismissed to Siberia aka The Lounge. So people are pissed, and they're venting elsewhere. Let 'em.

All's better cuz Cliff publically apologized? Well it's a start, but words mean jack when not supported by actions - and seeing that there's a host of people still getting deleted and shutdown over on the FAS site and you're over here swinging your weight around tells me nothing has changed whatsoever - in fact, it's gotten worse. So if I seem a bit ungrateful or unsympathetic, there's reasons for it. My "opinions" and "perceptions" on this matter are apparently INCORRECT according to you. Fine, I'll accept this providing I'm given some noteworthy information to ACTUALLY work with. And seeing as you've dismissed my thoughts on this matter as "only Cliff needs to know this, not you", I'd say step off as well Ron, for the very same reasons.

Cheers mate,
V. :salute:

You need to let this Axe-Fx thing go. Its time to move on, its for your own good.

I am still amazed at the extreme love and hate that people have for products and companies. The first time I saw this was with Krank amps and how devoted Krank amp fans were to the product. For me its just gear and I really like gear. But if gear is riling me up, its time to move on to something that makes a difference.

Shatter_The_Silence":3lkaslvt said:
All this drama Over something in the long run thats just more stuff. Dont get me wrong, AXE's are the shit but i mean. At the end of the day, Its material.
Dude has health issues because he feels like shit for letting down the people who got him where he is. And people have a hard time believing this? Its astonishing really, to assume that someone could have that much lack of remorse, and on the flip side of it, to have that much lack of compassion. maybe everyone needs to go back to a shitty combo amp and a squire to realize there is more to music than just "the perfect tone"
Phil

Seriously This..... To watch people get this wound up over stuff/material is kind of pathetic... Im willing to wager that the bulk of the butthurt arent pros, arent gigging and probably arent players of any worth lol!!!

I might have some sympathy if there was some blatant ripping off going on but this is just so laughable that its become sad. The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves....

I will say that the mod behaviour over there leaves a bit to be desired but it pales in comparison to the rest of this detritus...

Carry on, have fun, God knows that there arent more pressing things to deal with LOL!!!!

Kage

jcj":qp85l4mf said:
I just typed (then deleted) three paragraphs :LOL: :LOL:
Your signature quote should be read by everyone who enters this thread... :LOL: :LOL:

In all seriousness, this whole thing is not worth all of the complaining and moaning that people are doing. Sure, Cliff could've handled things surrounding the launch and release better and done things differently, but it's not like we have a wayback machine to change what happened. He makes (by most people's opinion) a good product that sells really well, and it's natural that EVENTUALLY it would be updated in time. The Axe II is out, our beloved Tone Merchants is getting units, and I've read a few "New Axe II Day" threads on other forums, so I suppose it's time to move on. No it wasn't handled the best, but certainly all this Internet drama has blown it all out of proportion somewhat. I'm all for a good debate, but when people are comparing a man's health to a product launch and saying "he deserves it for screwing this up," then I have to just step back and shake my head... When I see forum members insulting one another and finding any excuse to trip another up over some useless drama... it reminds me of being in middle school.

Cheers,

Will.

Why not stock pile them for a while first before officially releasing the AxeFX 2? Someone really jumped the gun here.
I don't understand the countdown and then the big wait to get them...how could someone not see the problem in that?

It's like having a beautiful woman, spending the evening romancing her, finally removing her panties and finding a penis. What a letdown.

Not for nothing Scott but these guys came here yelling about the axefx so they are being treated as they should be.

Brad and TM have email accounts and PM boxes, they should have used that medium to contact them. Last time I checked TM has a landline with a number assigned to it. Cliff has methods to contact him as well. They were banned from Cliff's site and ran here, not our fault.

They made their personnel business public domain in a faceless place where the rules are pretty loose, of course the greeting is not going to be strong shoulders to cry on.

Randy Van Sykes":2cwlfrie said:
Why not stock pile them for a while first before officially releasing the AxeFX 2? Someone really jumped the gun here.
I don't understand the countdown and then the big wait to get them...how could someone not see the problem in that?

It's like having a beautiful woman, spending the evening romancing her, finally removing her panties and finding a penis. What a letdown.

Chickenhead?

tweed":2182fads said:
Randy Van Sykes":2182fads said:

Chickenhead?
yes

Mayonnaise? Get with the times...Miracle Whip is almost as real and much more versatile.

As for the Fractal whiners:

GoingNowhere.jpg

Back