Going on 9 days...

dooredge":1zh9zcn3 said:
Seller looks to have gotten realllllllly lazy as of late.
Wow!!!! No offense to the OP but there's no way I would do business with someone with that many neutrals and negatives.

Padre Bonic":2tn11thi said:
dooredge":2tn11thi said:
Wow!!!! No offense to the OP but there's no way I would do business with someone with that many neutrals and negatives.

It had me thinking, but the GAS can be a strong aphrodisiac as we all know, especially on relatively rare gear. I didn't really see any bad guitar-related feedback, so I was guessing it was just the store fucking up (it was), but figured he might take a big sale of personal items a little more seriously. I was wrong.

Chris O":3cxldgyl said:
Padre Bonic":3cxldgyl said:
dooredge":3cxldgyl said:

It had me thinking, but the GAS can be a strong aphrodisiac as we all know, especially on relatively rare gear. I didn't really see any bad guitar-related feedback, so I was guessing it was just the store fucking up (it was), but figured he might take a big sale of personal items a little more seriously. I was wrong.
I hear you brother.

Today, he gave PayPal a tracking number for something printed out on 4/25 that hasn't moved, nor will it ever get to me. :bash:

Deanmachine":f1yng6qz said:
Why can't he just overnight these or do Fedex 3 day ..I know stupid question

Because after 2 weeks of getting nowhere, I told him to keep them. I was done with the deal. Everything was so fucked already, and since that was the way it had been going, the whole deal was tainted -- the guitars would have ended up objects of resentment, and who knows what the actual condition would've been. Based on how poorly the guitars I received in error were treated in packaging and shipping, I had zero confidence in how things would arrive to me.

I was tired of the BS, delays, non-communication, and so on...

What a trainwreck that guy must be. Sorry to see you're being taken for a ride so long.

I had a deal turning halfway nasty with some German audio-gear seller (not a store) that was selling some older Drawmer 19" studio compressors.
Mind you, I live in the neighbouring country and having over 800+ transactions on Ebay I know most shipping costs by head now. The guy quotes me 67 euro's for <10kg shipping, when it's actually 22 euro's (or 17 with less insurance).
Well, I tried to negotiate here a bit, showing the DHL website links with rates etc., but no luck. He was all 'trouble to send internationally, packaging materials, blah blah, sauerkraut'... I did win the Drawmer auctions for a rather low-ish price.

So I pay him -reluctantly, as knowing I'm getting shafted $50 on shipping- and the things arrive pretty much loose inside a clearly re-used box, wrapped in a couple of garbage bags basically with one of the rack-ears bent quite out of shape. No padding material, nothing. Terribly shipped, and on the box itself it shows the DHL shipping price of even 17 euro's!
It was I think the first time I gave someone a negative feedback (and one neutral). After a while he commented on my feedback with bs claims, but I noticed in his feedback that every time he got hit by a negative, some low-feedback buyer would 'buy' from him a couple of times with positives. But always the same guy and buying the same 2 or 3 items over and over. :confused:
I know a thing or two about recording studio gear and no one in their right mind will buy 5 or 6 Yamaha REV500's or 8 SPX-900's in one month. They're not even wanted for PA rental companies (SPX-990 maybe...otherwise on the cheap it's usually a TC M-One XL or M300)
The few other feedbacks were usually then neutral or negative and those seemed like legit claims. I reported this practice to Ebay, because it was either a friend or himself on another account bidding and making up his dropping feedback score. :thumbsdown:

As you said, keeping those things would associate negative thoughts, so I sold them later on, after fixing the rack ear myself.

What a story. This sucks badly. I don't want to sound pessimistic but I'm not sure that the guitars you got were an innocent mistake. I say this based on something that happened to me a while ago.

Bought a pair of Lundgren pickups from a guy, when I received the package there was a Lundgren for the bridge and a Ibanez for the neck. Then it started the story. Told the seller about this. First he said it was a mistake and that he would check the thing out. Time went by, with a lot of emails from him saying such as I had no time, I am confused with all this. Until it got to the point where I wanted half of my money back and in exchange I would send him the Ibanez pickup. More time went by and he started saying that he had checked and I had gotten both Lundgren pickups but I was trying to get one more for free! In the end it got to the point where I said I would open a case to which he answered that he had sent the package to me and he had the proof and I could not prove that I had not gotten the right item. I eventually got the money just because some month later I told him: "I have your address and my band is playing nearby your place, maybe me and the guys can come by and I get my money? Then you also save in the transfer fee." Some time later I got the money back but I feel that was just a lucky shot.

Hope it works out well for you in the end!

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the kind words.

I'm pretty confidant that Amex will come through. They've credited/suspended the amount on my account already, so at least I'm covered in that respect. Irritating as fuck though.

I'm suddenly getting a huge influx of spam email too - I'm guessing this is his doing. So yeah...

Read into that however you like. Do with it as you will... ;)

I was looking at online reviews and I find it interesting that they have the same people doing multiple reviews, as well as the owners doing reviews on their own shop.

Should I post his email address here? Maybe sign him up for some "interesting" mailing list?

Dirtbags of the highest order!

Padre Bonic":2cym18n5 said:
Hey whats that Demartini "Frenchy" I see in the pic?

:yes:

KNE "The Warren" body
MIJ Charvel neck
Paint by Triple XXX Guitarworks
JB
Schaller Floyd

It was something I've wanted to put together for a LONG time. Fun project! Plays and feels awesome.

Chris O":2ts5n6ij said:
Padre Bonic":2ts5n6ij said:
Hey whats that Demartini "Frenchy" I see in the pic?

:yes:

KNE "The Warren" body
MIJ Charvel neck
Paint by Triple XXX Guitarworks
JB
Schaller Floyd

It was something I've wanted to put together for a LONG time. Fun project! Plays and feels awesome.

Well consider me your huckleberry if you ever decide to sell it!

597c5ba86add26562bc8336dc8dc83f2.gif

I would have become a very Violent man along time ago ...

Back