Guitar Tone Test Inside. Clearing up some rumors!

Which clip do you like best: A, B, or C?

• CLIP C

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • CLIP B

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • CLIP A

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
I liked A the best.....didn't like B at all....thought C sounded unnatural in some way, weird eq boost.

So what's the deal? Are you going somewhere with this thread or should we just keep running laps? :poke:

rupe":73mcc3w9 said:
So what's the deal? Are you going somewhere with this thread or should we just keep running laps? :poke:

:LOL: :LOL: I think he might be waiting to get more responses before giving up the details.

Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":2efbazfd said:
rupe":2efbazfd said:

:LOL: :LOL: I think he might be waiting to get more responses before giving up the details.

Cheers,
Mike
I'm thinking that he has 4 or 5 bands to mix and he needs to get them done before they kill him, so hasn't had time to check back yet lol!

:hys:

If i had to pick I'd go with C. They all sound pretty similar aside from B being way louder for some reason.

Very interesting, just confirms what I already knew. I like the Mesa V30s over the regular V30s :thumbsup: Funny I've heard a lot of others say the same but no one picked them in a blind test :confused:

On the other hand, I'm surprised so many people picked C. It sounded pretty hollow (on the chords) to me like the presence was turned super low.

Must have missed something here what was the amp and guitar? What pups?
Edit: tho things could be adjusted to compensate for the things that I didnt like about the Mesa v30s it's still very interesting to hear the difference when everything has a fixed position.

Back