I Just Got Fucked By Paypal AND Reverb Big Time UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
SavageRiffer":11wtzipx said:
Starman22":11wtzipx said:
Tuned in but honestly not following this thread word for word. Trying to wrap my head around this. Seller ships amp to buyer using different shipping service than as stated. Buyer Kasey Kasem gets cold feet even before the amp arrives and starts talking about returning the item and a refund. Seller loses his shit on Kareem Jabbar. Buyer then delays sending it back to seller. Seller contacts PayPal and Reverb to stop Wrath of Kahn from backing out of the deal. Reverb / PayPal say no way Jose issue a shipping label. Kim Kardashian ships the amp back late. Seller thinks he will get amp back damaged and covered in greasy LA scum?

Is there another angle I missed?

Yeah you missed a few things. You should read through it first.
Lol..sounded good to me

LP Freak":1w9ahkmn said:
SavageRiffer":1w9ahkmn said:
Starman22":1w9ahkmn said:
Tuned in but honestly not following this thread word for word. Trying to wrap my head around this. Seller ships amp to buyer using different shipping service than as stated. Buyer Kasey Kasem gets cold feet even before the amp arrives and starts talking about returning the item and a refund. Seller loses his shit on Kareem Jabbar. Buyer then delays sending it back to seller. Seller contacts PayPal and Reverb to stop Wrath of Kahn from backing out of the deal. Reverb / PayPal say no way Jose issue a shipping label. Kim Kardashian ships the amp back late. Seller thinks he will get amp back damaged and covered in greasy LA scum?

Yeah you missed a few things. You should read through it first.
Lol..sounded good to me

*BUYER NEVER MADE REQUEST FOR PARTICULAR SHIPPING SERVICE AT PAYMENT, AFTER PAYMENT, NOT ONCE. HE ONLY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SHIPPING SERVICE 3 DAYS INTO TRANSIT.

*SELLER DIDN'T LOSE HIS SHIT. BUYER LOST HIS SHIT AND THREATENED PAYPAL CLAIM IF AMP DIDN'T ARRIVE WITHIN 4 DAYS OF SHIPPING.

*REVERB DIDN'T DENY SHIPPING LABEL TO BUYER. THE BUYER IGNORED REVERB MESSAGES AND WENT STRAIGHT TO PAYPAL.

THIS JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW FUCKING ILLITERATE SOME PEOPLE ARE. PRETTY MUCH HIS WHOLE SYNOPSIS WAS WRONG. IT'S EVIDENT STARMAN22 IS EITHER THE FUCKING GUY HIMSELF OR ONE OF HIS BUDDIES.

This guy is the worst it sounds like, the nightmare buyer no one wants to ever deal with. Lots of respect for Scumback after all this mess. I got into it with Mike and Scumback on TGP years ago over the Weber thing, as I used to be a Weber dealer during my shop/guitar show days. All respect has been earned back after this, kudos for helping a forumite out, and getting the ball rolling again least. I will make a Scumback purchase in the near future. Warning everyone about this scammer. People have no conscience.

Ok, I have read this whole thread with great interest because I am about to list some amps for sale, probably here and on TGP first, but maybe on Reverb too. OP, is there anything you could have done to prevent this POS from scamming you? Not criticizing you at all, and you have my deepest sympathy. I hope the POS scammer dies a fiery death. I just want to avoid those types if there's something you would do in a future listing to prevent scum like this guy from being able to have any kind of route for effing with you.

When I've sold stuff on Reverb, I always include shipping in the price and then take whichever option is cheapest through Reverb which is usually FedEx, which is usually cheaper than I can do through my own FedEx account. A bandmate works at UPS, but I can't assume he'd be able to fix anything for me.

Rick Lee":umcl1yl1 said:
Ok, I have read this whole thread with great interest because I am about to list some amps for sale, probably here and on TGP first, but maybe on Reverb too. OP, is there anything you could have done to prevent this POS from scamming you? Not criticizing you at all, and you have my deepest sympathy. I hope the POS scammer dies a fiery death. I just want to avoid those types if there's something you would do in a future listing to prevent scum like this guy from being able to have any kind of route for effing with you.

When I've sold stuff on Reverb, I always include shipping in the price and then take whichever option is cheapest through Reverb which is usually FedEx, which is usually cheaper than I can do through my own FedEx account. A bandmate works at UPS, but I can't assume he'd be able to fix anything for me.
As a seller if you use paypal the buyer ultimately has power over you to return your item for no reason. That protection paypal offers is great for buyers but can be abused like this POS Royal Shit and there really isn't anything you can do. The buyer can just make something up about the amp, and have over a week to return it. During that time they can gig with it, profile it with a Kemper, or take it to the studio and record. It's a scam ready made by PP and the great but one sided power the buyer is given.

Starman22":2n4get2w said:

I thought his name was Captain Caveman?

Rick Lee":3m0pcg51 said:

Well I'm always meticulous which is why I took so many pictures of the packing and everything. I did everything a seller could do to prevent this kind of thing, but the truth is there's nothing you can do. I'll explain about Reverb though. Since Reverb still has a lot of growing to do, they haven't yet adopted such draconian policies as eBay, and they can still take phone calls and respond to people halfway thoughtfully.

However, the ONLY reason I chose to sell on Reverb aside from the obvious risks associated with eBay, is because they are a lot cheaper to sell on. They are not less risky, but they do offer the direct checkout deal. The only thing is that you still have to rely on them to decide cases, so you'll never really get a fair shake under normal circumstances. Reverb can still be affected by seller & buyer opinion because of two reasons: because they are far smaller than eBay, and because they're in a specialized market.

I advise no selling except on forums. However, I can't give you advice that I wouldn't myself take, so I can't even advise that anymore because if it's not Paypal, eBay, or Reverb, it's UPS or FedEx that will fuck you over. God forbid they lose a something you sold on eBay or reverb because the buyer could leave you negative feedback, get their money back, and then you're at the mercy of UPS/FedEx and you've got a negative balance in your account.

Honestly, it's just not worth it anymore. There are too many ways to get screwed, and unless you have some kind of local pickup option, I couldn't recommend anything that's reliably protects both parties. It just sucks all around right now.

Rick Lee":2byqn2wn said:
I can live with a BS return. But the OP is out his amp and his money. I can't live with that.
He's not out of his amp YET. It's on its way back to him as we speak, unless I read wrong. The question remains though, what condition it will arrive in, or if it even comes back at all. Buyer could send a box of rocks for all we know. But let's see what arrives to the OP later this week. Hopefully all will be well with the return.

I would have the amp delivered to a UPS or Fedex location and open it with witnesses iin case he sent you bak a well packed set of dumpster wheels.

Scumback Speakers":27p4w3gf said:
I just heard that Cam/Kam/Royal Brit yelled at the amp tech for two minutes because I'm trying to help out SR with this deal. Unf*ckingbelievable. I'm getting cussed out for doing the right thing, while this POS is purposely trying to screw SR over and thinks he's golden. What a douchenozzle.
Fusionbear has always been a straight-up guy, it would be interesting to hear his side of what he was asked. I can certainly understand him not wanting to stick his feet into a shitstorm on the net though :aww:
I hope the prick gets what's coming to him one way or another, its obviously not his first scam rodeo :gethim:
BTW, kudos to you Jim for doing the right thing :rock:

JTyson":rcp2atlm said:
Scumback Speakers":rcp2atlm said:
I just heard that Cam/Kam/Royal Brit yelled at the amp tech for two minutes because I'm trying to help out SR with this deal. Unf*ckingbelievable. I'm getting cussed out for doing the right thing, while this POS is purposely trying to screw SR over and thinks he's golden. What a douchenozzle.
Fusionbear has always been a straight-up guy, it would be interesting to hear his side of what he was asked. I can certainly understand him not wanting to stick his feet into a shitstorm on the net though :aww:
I hope the prick gets what's coming to him one way or another, its obviously not his first scam rodeo :gethim:
BTW, kudos to you Jim for doing the right thing :rock:

Well since the cat is already out of the bag, I'll say that Fusionbear was instrumental in uncovering this asshole Kamran Kavian. I was deeply appreciative of Fusionbear (Carl) coming forward and exposing Kamran's little operation. This little bastard is a sociopath, and there are many victims to his fraud. His lack of conscience and cavalier attitude about the wrong he commits shows what a lousy piece of shit he is.

For him to call Carl and dump swill in his ear is unconscionable. That bastard needs to go to prison. In fact, I'd like to know if anyone knows a private investigator in the Los Angeles area who'd be willing to sniff this con out.

I'm confused as to where/how fusionbear and scumback entered into this? Did the guy bring the amp in to be looked at?

Damn this is BS...Honestly this guy just needs a good old fashioned ass whooping.

Hopefully you get the amp back in the same condition.

messenger":cd497moe said:
I'm confused as to where/how fusionbear and scumback entered into this? Did the guy bring the amp in to be looked at?
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that the OP should post this on TGP and out this fucktard. I googled his 3 aliases and TGP popped up, so I read some of the threads and saw that Fusionbear is or was his go to tech for his 'business' of overpricing vintage Marshalls. So I then recommended that he NOT post on TGP because of the fact that Fusionbear is clearly well liked there, and if he is friends with this scammer then it could blow up on him by posting there.

Not sure if that entered into Fusionbear's recent actions or not, but maybe it did? Also, it sounds like Jim at Scumback knows this clown and his behavior as well, and nicely decided to help out.

I don't know Fusionbear but I've heard good things.

Racerxrated":18f2jb4w said:
messenger":18f2jb4w said:
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that the OP should post this on TGP and out this fucktard. I googled his 3 aliases and TGP popped up, so I read some of the threads and saw that Fusionbear is or was his go to tech for his 'business' of overpricing vintage Marshalls. So I then recommended that he NOT post on TGP because of the fact that Fusionbear is clearly well liked there, and if he is friends with this scammer then it could blow up on him by posting there.

Not sure if that entered into Fusionbear's recent actions or not, but maybe it did? Also, it sounds like Jim at Scumback knows this clown and his behavior as well, and nicely decided to help out.

I don't know Fusionbear but I've heard good things.

Oh ok. Thanks lol. My reading comprehension is obviously lacking :aww: I thought someone said that fusionbear was the tech for the owners of Reverb and that's why u said don't post there bashing Reverb.

SavageRiffer":27wg4m90 said:
However, the ONLY reason I chose to sell on Reverb aside from the obvious risks associated with eBay, is because they are a lot cheaper to sell on.

Not that it matters at this point, but eBay dropped their fees on guitars recently to match Reverb. Just an FYI in case anyone didn't know, although it certainly doesn't make selling any safer.

I have had the best experience just doing deals with people that have been on Rig-Talk and other forums over the years. I have even made friendships with some of them and been to their houses to hang out. There is not the plethora of gear like Reverb but I know I'm dealing with someone with a good reputation. Just not worth the hassle for me.

With that said, I don't think Paypal or Reverb are bad companies. Just a shame that a few scammers ruin it for everyone. I just don't understand how someone that rips someone off gets a good feeling from that, especially fellow musicians. Most of us work hard everyday so we can have guitar as a hobby and enjoy the fruit of our labor so to speak. You work hard and then someone comes along and rips you off because they don't want to put in the hard work to get a nice guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back