IF Egnater Made a Power Amp...

Jeff Hilligan":2doujsnk said:
Ok so here is the blueprint for right now!

Single rack spaced stereo and bridged mono. 30 watts a side 60 mono. Loaded with 2 pair of 5881's, presence, density, High low power switch and standy on each channel, so if one side goes down you can still use the other. Will accommodate 5881, 34's and 6v6. No 6550, or KT's. When in mono you can use dissimilar tubes so you can load the amp with a pair of 5881's and a pair of 34's like a tube mix knob, without the knob. Thats it. No room for anything else.

Proto typing beginning this month! As you all know delivery will depend on Bruce blessing it and that is a difficult task to do! I am really behind this for M4 and of course the long overdue E2. Sit tight and I will keep everyone informed when they will be in production and when we will be taking orders.

Yes! This plus an E2 is my dream portable stereo tube rig.
Please, please, please use as quiet a fan as possible.

Jeff, you can definitely count me in as the first order, possibly even two depending on their price. I'm so sure I'll even give you a CC# now if that helps.

It doesn't sound like it with the stereo features.. but will the mono topology of this circuit resemble any of your existing amps?

I know- that you know that you know your market :) but power scaling would really make this have more appeal to the masses.... that might throw it out of the single rack space though....

blueburl":z69hpktg said:
Klark- you are from Merrillville? Sweet :) I grew up in valpo.
I grew up out by LOFS, went to Boone Grove HS. Lived in Valpo for 2 years, now in Merrillville. Wouldn't mind going back to Valpo, but the extra 30 minutes on the frequent drives to & from Chicago doesn't appeal to me right now.

Where are you now? What year did you graduate?

Count me in!

Can it take 6L6? Also, what's the consensus on el34s...they blew up my mod50, not sure if I want to risk them blowing out the egnater poweramp whenever I get my hands on it.

Hell yesss woooooot :rock:

My Mod50 sounds fantastic with JJ EL34's. I've got them bias'd right in the middle of the Egnater recommendation in the manual.

Step 1 - get a job
Step 3 - profit (South Park reference)
Step 4- Get E2/Eggie power amp

Guys it is what it is. The single rack concept is for ease of use and portability with what we can do. All the additional items ie, power grid, etc etc, cannot be done in such a small package. It's not as simple as just putting the Rebel in a single rack space unit. So I decided make it a great workhorse in a small package to mate with E2.

I do have the second type of power amp drawn up and it will have more features and things everyone wants to see. If you all consider the market. It's all about small and portable right now. We are really the only company even looking at the rack market, because of our flexability.

Jeff Hilligan":3rif0pa5 said:
Guys it is what it is. The single rack concept is for ease of use and portability with what we can do. All the additional items ie, power grid, etc etc, cannot be done in such a small package. It's not as simple as just putting the Rebel in a single rack space unit. So I decided make it a great workhorse in a small package to mate with E2.

I do have the second type of power amp drawn up and it will have more features and things everyone wants to see. If you all consider the market. It's all about small and portable right now. We are really the only company even looking at the rack market, because of our flexability.

I think it sounds awesome. How does the tranny compare to the Heyboer in the MOD 50? It has to be pretty small to fit in 1U.

Jeff -Thanks for the update on the power amp designs. The 1U amp sounds killer and exactly what a lot of us with M4's have been waiting for in order to get a more portable rig. Frankly, I thought any 1U design would be limited to EL84's like the Marshall and Mesa amps. But if you guys can do a 1U amp that takes either 5881's or EL34's, that would be awesome. Also, I like the option of running either 30-watts stereo or 60-watts bridged mono. Very cool...I will definitely buy one!!!

Beagle1":2ymeyhws said:
Jeff -Thanks for the update on the power amp designs. The 1U amp sounds killer and exactly what a lot of us with M4's have been waiting for in order to get a more portable rig. Frankly, I thought any 1U design would be limited to EL84's like the Marshall and Mesa amps. But if you guys can do a 1U amp that takes either 5881's or EL34's, that would be awesome. Also, I like the option of running either 30-watts stereo or 60-watts bridged mono. Very cool...I will definitely buy one!!!

who knows why 84's have been the option. I mean we may run into heat issues or something like that. But with heat resistant tape and a bit of cushion they just fit. Again we may screw the pooch and find out other wise but right now we see no reason why not.

I'm totally looking forward to this. You posted what this was the day after I made a wish for a 1U Space Power Amp! Maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket...

I agree time-wise this is the perfect time for a lightweight power amp. Let us know the progress--I'm ready to roll on this one.

is this from Egnater USA or is it the GC line ?

Either way I want one for my RM4.

any idea off the top of your head as to price range or where you would like to see it

gtr31":1rp9bfnk said:
is this from Egnater USA or is it the GC line ?

Either way I want one for my RM4.

any idea off the top of your head as to price range or where you would like to see it

This will be a USA build and not available in GC only our independents. Price range who knows but I am shooting for no more than $1000 retail. The more simple it is the cheaper we can make it for on the retail side. The more stuff you guys want the higher the cost. :thumbsup:

Jeff Hilligan":1ewkhgm2 said:
..I am shooting for no more than $1000 retail.
If that's the case, then absolutely without a doubt, count me in for two.

Oh, and hopefully they'll be under 19 pounds each..?? My 38 pound VHT is a tank!

Back