Is Pantera’s Cemetery Gates one of the best songs in three decades

i am a bit of a tube amp snob and personally swear by 100% tube distortion.
Decline the silver jubilee because of it's diode clipping...
Hate most boosted sounds where you get that extra dirt from the pedal.

But i got to hand it to Dime. The sound really fits the music and it's actually the only solid state sound that i really kind of dig:eek:
But those pickups are part of the reason, me thinks.
yeah it's the pickups(they are a very small part) & not the Multiple EQ's & outboard gear he had hooked up. take any of that away & the sound changes.

yeah it's the pickups(they are a very small part) & not the Multiple EQ's & outboard gear he had hooked up. take any of that away & the sound changes.
I guess this is sarcastic regarding the PU?
I have the dime and the L500s and there is some thing special about them, especially the attack. Nino bettencourt uses them too, and now that I know it, there is definitely something similar going on. But I agree the pickup (especially the EQ of it) is a very small part

Ahhh the memories.

That album kicked my but man, that is when i kicked myself learning how to really play the guitar. Dime was such an influence, a hero to me.

Tone, riffs, vocals, solos, every fucking thing about that album rules. This was 1990. Nothing compared. Period.
CBH was absolutely jaw dropping when it was released. They shook the very foundation of the metal world with that album. I’m fortunate to be able to say I saw them on that tour at a small Chicago club called the Avalon, and they tore that place apart. Dime’s guitars were literally broken by all the maniacs stage diving/moshing per Phil’s invitation.
I remember his Dean headstock hanging from the guitar, being held on only by the Floyd lock nut. He had to finish the set with one of Wrathchild America’s guitars, and Phil had to tell everyone to chill tf out so that one wouldn’t get busted up also. It was insanity….And Dime’s tone is still to this day one of the most brutal/vicious live tones I’ve ever heard.

I guess this is sarcastic regarding the PU?
I have the dime and the L500s and there is some thing special about them, especially the attack. Nino bettencourt uses them too, and now that I know it, there is definitely something similar going on. But I agree the pickup (especially the EQ of it) is a very small part
I Agree with you that the L500s are MUCH Better over the Dimebucker. & Yes i was being Sarcastic for Humor.

CBH was absolutely jaw dropping when it was released. They shook the very foundation of the metal world with that album. I’m fortunate to be able to say I saw them on that tour at a small Chicago club called the Avalon, and they tore that place apart. Dime’s guitars were literally broken by all the maniacs stage diving/moshing per Phil’s invitation.
I remember his Dean headstock hanging from the guitar, being held on only by the Floyd lock nut. He had to finish the set with one of Wrathchild America’s guitars, and Phil had to tell everyone to chill tf out so that one wouldn’t get busted up also. It was insanity….And Dime’s tone is still to this day one of the most brutal/vicious live tones I’ve ever heard.
I Saw that same tour & have a pick from Dime from that tour before he had sig picks. I Saw them at the button south in Ft. Lauderdale. First time i ever stage dove, dived, went stage diving....whatever.

I Saw that same tour & have a pick from Dime from that tour before he had sig picks. I Saw them at the button south in Ft. Lauderdale. First time i ever stage dove, dived, went stage diving....whatever.
I was there with a chick who was a little nervous with all the chaos going on, so I had to be a nice boy at that show. Lol
Remember Shannon Larkin drumming for WA? What a killer that guy was.

Gosh. Sorry man. I have a distinct memory of a guy called Nate Goggin beating me with a baseball bat and saying he wrote those tunes.

His parents also got divorced. Like a lot of my friends back in the day. Think he blamed me for it.

Maybe it was the baseball bat that made my memories fuzzy. Pretty sure I recognise him though.

Gonna go into the outfield now (Nate’s dad taught me to play baseball and gave me a glove that I had to give back when they left the country), and say that Nathan Goggin was a very messed up kid, who had the same thoughts as Nathan Gale, who thought he wrote Pantera’s songs.

I always remember him wearing these outsized glasses, almost looked like science glasses, covering his whole face.

Poor Nate.

I also cannot find many records of his life. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I was drunk all the time in my youth. Drunk all the time now as well, to keep the memories from killing me. Apologies.

Gosh. Sorry man. I have a distinct memory of a guy called Nate Goggin beating me with a baseball bat and saying he wrote those tunes.

His parents also got divorced. Like a lot of my friends back in the day. Think he blamed me for it.

Maybe it was the baseball bat that made my memories fuzzy. Pretty sure I recognise him though.

Gonna go into the outfield now (Nate’s dad taught me to play baseball and gave me a glove that I had to give back when they left the country), and say that Nathan Goggin was a very messed up kid, who had the same thoughts as Nathan Gale, who thought he wrote Pantera’s songs.

I always remember him wearing these outsized glasses, almost looked like science glasses, covering his whole face.

Poor Nate.

Anyhow, I was drunk all the time in my youth. Drunk all the time now as well, to keep the memories from killing me. Apologies.

I was there with a chick who was a little nervous with all the chaos going on, so I had to be a nice boy at that show. Lol
Remember Shannon Larkin drumming for WA? What a killer that guy was.
Shannon Larkin was/Is an Amazing Drummer. I LOVED Wrathchild Back then. I Got tot hold Jay from WA Fender strat that he played at that show....First time i ever held a strat that had an EMG 81 in it.

Poor Nate.

WHAT in the Fucking Fuck are you going on about?

WHAT in the Fucking Fuck are you going on about?
Bender, man. Sorry. I should shut up.

I really got beaten with that baseball bat by a guy called Nate Goggin (whose dad taught me baseball), raving about Pantera. He had big see through glasses that looked like welder glasses. Literally raving that he wrote Pantera’s songs I am sure he is Nathan Gale.

Sorry, I have no proof, and at the rate mails and photos are being deleted from my accounts (including TGP), I am pretty sure I will not exist either after I die.

But don’t mind me, these are my memories and hey, I’ve been called batshit crazy for the last 20 years by the Shiteratti.

Last edited:
Just watch out for the glitterati when you’re telling your Wife you were having a beer with the boys but not telling her those beers were at the Beaver Palace on rt. 29.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, the whole damn city is practically Beaver Palace.

Bender, man. Sorry. I should shut up.

I really got beaten with that baseball bat by a guy called Nate Goggin (whose dad taught me baseball), raving about Pantera. He had big see through glasses that looked like welder glasses. Literally raving that he wrote Pantera’s songs I am sure he is Nathan Gale.

Sorry, I have no proof, and at the rate mails and photos are being deleted from my accounts (including TGP), I am pretty sure I will not exist either after I die.

But don’t mind me, these are my memories and hey, I’ve been called batshit crazy for the last 20 years by the Shiteratti.
Did you live in Ohio? Cause from my Understanding the POS that is/was Nathan Gale spent almost his entire life in Ohio. Now have some water or Gatorade & go to bed. Put down the Bottle of Alcohol & get some rest. I Want you to be at your best when you do my Prostate Check Tomorrow, OK? Nite Nite.

Back