Is there a Furman PQ3 alternative?

Boss

Attachments

• eq.jpg
    eq.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 5,185
guitarslinger":1kbtrk19 said:
EvilBatman":1kbtrk19 said:
If you can, look for a used TC Electronic 1140 or 2240. They're rack mount parametric EQs and from what I've read, quieter than the Furman.

These two units pwn everything else mentioned in this thread.

Exactly!!!

I just use a good ol fashioned somewhat noisy GE-7 these days before a TS for that nasal mid hump infused grind. Cheap and has the "mojo". I do second the opinion that someone should just get off their ass and do a sort of marketed PQ3 in a box.. similar to what Tech21 did with their Q strip... come to think of it, I wonder if that wouldn't just do the trick. It is already in the right colour scheme..

TC 1140 is great. The TC Dual Parametric EQ is about the same in pedal form with two parametric bands and an additional treble (works much like a presence control). Can be used as clean boost too. Can be fed with up to 32VDC (!!!) for extra headroom and super low noise. Thus it can also handle +4dB line level. S/N ratio is 110dB. Much better than most pedal out there.

$_86.JPG

I just had a boss ms-3 that had a pretty powerful parametric in it. I was using it to make different boosts. It had a lot of gain, but I dumbed down my rig again and sent it back.

psychodave":1krc472y said:
guitarslinger":1krc472y said:
EvilBatman":1krc472y said:
If you can, look for a used TC Electronic 1140 or 2240. They're rack mount parametric EQs and from what I've read, quieter than the Furman.

These two units pwn everything else mentioned in this thread.

Exactly!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

9+ years later and THIS VERY WEEK I've been looking for deals on used 1128s, 1140s, and 2240s.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that I knew myself very well those years ago or bothered that I may not have changed much since. :LOL: :LOL:

If you like the solder, the BYOC Parametric EQ is very good. It kind of reminds me of an old PQ-3 I had back in the 90's.

RACKSYSTEMS":1xtyiel6 said:
I have been thinking about making a pq3 pedal.. would you guys be interested.. should I make one?

Yep.

Granted, I'm an EQ fiend and own/treat them like most guys do boosts, drives, and distortions. I'm always up for more EQs.

RACKSYSTEMS":2c6vpaf6 said:
I have been thinking about making a pq3 pedal.. would you guys be interested.. should I make one?

Yep, definitely a chance at getting in on an untapped area of the market. Make sure it can take a standard 2204 and boost it into good crunch and we have a winner.

RACKSYSTEMS":3ubdj0lx said:

it would need a noise game inside too...
those eq's are so damm noisy...

Back