Marshall sounds with Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
rabies":2ed2v9ke said:
Yes you can be uneducated, work hard and be lucky like bands like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1E3R_rJurM and likely have no clue about music theory.

I think it's funny when you watch a metal guitarist in an interview and they have no clue what chords they're playing, it's sad.

I have to say that this is just flat out not an appropriate thing to say. You can play witth your heart and ear and not know shit about music theory. There are players who can play amazing without it and players who need it to play amazing. It isn't sad or funny; it is what it is and it is a beautiful thing. Stevie Ray Vaughan, from his own words recorded on one of his CDs, said that he didn't know music theory and I don't think anyone would say that it is funny or sad that he didn't.

Just please don't judge :rock: :rock:

rabies":1sqa7f6k said:
Yes you can be uneducated, work hard and be lucky like bands like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1E3R_rJurM and likely have no clue about music theory.

I think it's funny when you watch a metal guitarist in an interview and they have no clue what chords they're playing, it's sad.

that being said, yes rock hard with the diezels, they're great metal amps, better than any other i've played. they definitely command the respect.
If you work hard you deserve what you get (.) Sorry but please don't slam any band or person for being what you think is uneducated. Most of those guys that don't know theory do not need it (and don't care) because their ear is light years beyond other musicians that have training. They have "educated" their ear so to speak.

I think the saddest part of this thread is that you have a world class amp that has it's roots based in "Marshall-esq" tone yet you seem not to be able dial that in. Texas mode > a closed back 2x12 or 4x12 with V30 or Greenbacks. 'Nuff said. If that isn't Marshall enough for you try a eq in the loop and if that doesn't get you there well. . . .go buy a Marshall half stack.

tripstan":25xxy0n2 said:
I think the saddest part of this thread is that you have a world class amp that has it's roots based in "Marshall-esq" tone yet you seem not to be able dial that in. Texas mode > a closed back 2x12 or 4x12 with V30 or Greenbacks. 'Nuff said. If that isn't Marshall enough for you try a eq in the loop and if that doesn't get you there well. . . .go buy a Marshall half stack.
Exactly.
This thread is wack.

The problem is that I haven't played thru the amp enough and haven't experimented (at all really) with the EQ controls, etc. So I'm going to give it some time....

Wacky tabbacky. whatever.

the heavy parts in this song are the sickest i've ever heard. he knows theory. he runs VH4 in AXE FX with another amp simul. but i get your point. you can be a good song writer like cobain and not know much about jazz theory or counterpoint like Tosin Abasi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

can you please tell me what scale/mode that mean/heavy riff is based on? diminished? locrian?

I think the really funny part is looking down on hard working musicians and in the next sentence saying "what does your app say this chord is called?".
tripstan":2vq8air4 said:
This. Thread is over... go buy a Marsha if you want a Marsha, I mean how hard is that?
rabies":2vq8air4 said:
The problem is that I haven't played thru the amp enough and haven't experimented (at all really) with the EQ controls, etc. So I'm going to give it some time....
Well then go do that. How much "marsha" it is will be different for your ears from everyone else's so at the end of the day you are going to have to dial it in yourself anyway.

I actually have an Axe FX II and a Diezel D-Moll, and time and time again the Diezel keeps blowing the Axe out of the water; particularly for live performance. The Axe is lacking something, and I'm actually thinking of selling it and getter a dummy load for the Diezel, and just recording from the effects send into my DAW and using impulses!

Amberience":15zse7cf said:
The Axe is lacking something, and I'm actually thinking of selling it and getter a dummy load for the Diezel, and just recording from the effects send into my DAW and using impulses!
Also check out the twonotes live while you are at it!

rabies":milwdzaa said:

the heavy parts in this song are the sickest i've ever heard. he knows theory. he runs VH4 in AXE FX with another amp simul. but i get your point. you can be a good song writer like cobain and not know much about jazz theory or counterpoint like Tosin Abasi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

can you please tell me what scale/mode that mean/heavy riff is based on? diminished? locrian?
Dude take your off topic garbage to the OT board (.). Stop asking theory questions in an amp forum. You are a strange one.

Wow !!! Get a clue..a shout out from an old rocker/blues guy.Ya know like where it all started..the heart.I been Playin my 100 wtt Einy for 5 year.Took me a year to settle on tubes,speakers and such.Yeah I'm spinal Tap extreme.Was audition for Kiss in 83.I been around and played tons of amps.On this thread we are all Diezel heads..thats why it's a Dieze Foruml.Far as Voulme goes Einy has one of the best Masters I've ever played,the tone pots accutualy change shape and flavor.Though Pappa doesn't recomend I pulled 2 tubes,mainly because I prefer old Mullard El-34's and thay cost $.I love modded Marshall also.Funny every time I listen to a clip on You=tube I fire up the Einy and smoke.Personally Diezels only limit is the person playing them.Enough said .Good luck :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: Diezel

This is the strange one buddy:

start watching @ 3:30

tool - undertow

totally ghetto (13/8 15/8 alternating breakdown)

tripstan":3fsqr2yj said:
rabies":3fsqr2yj said:

Dude take your off topic garbage to the OT board (.). Stop asking theory questions in an amp forum. You are a strange one.

anyways, i'm giving the einstein another try, the ts808 it likes it with the settings different (left around noon and right around noon, usually for rivera and marshall I set it as a clean boost: left = 0 and right = max). pretty nice touch sensitivity even at home volumes.

Dude - it's an amp forum. The advanced chord questions and pointing out complex time signatures seem like you're trying to impress the wrong people.

There are plenty of guys here who make a living playing music - respect that. Don't try be little musicians as being part of a "sad" situation if they don't study theory and composition. They wrote songs, people listen, they get paid. Appreciate music as art - if you need competitive elements in music, stick to Dream Theater forums.

I'm classically trained, studied theory for years, and have done session work in all genres (some of the broadway stuff is crazy), but you won't find any theory blabber on my posts here. I'm in awe of the riffs and tones I hear all over this forum. I recommend that you respect your fellow musicians, and indulge your own passions for theory privately, or in a more appropriate forum.

turned the bass to zero and the deep to zero and approached more marshally sounds with OD808 in front.

rabies":31r8fr9x said:
How can I dial in some Marshall-esque tones with the Einstein? I have EL34's btw. thx.
Maybe you might consider playing a Marshall . . . or better yet let a dog bite you on your picking finger.

And stop dissing Maynard you worm! :doh:

I have among my amps an Einstein and using it with a Soldano 4x12 with Jensen Falcons, it's a perfect Marshall-ish tone.

Texas mode gain 12h, or Mega mode gain 9h. EQ and presence/deep knobs at your taste. Works perfect, it's the Brit-sounding opposite of my SLO100 4-option amp. Stop posting and use YT as proof and play/turn knobs and switch modes... Like a normal guitar player does.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back