NAD: Fortin Meshuggah Amp #4

DeathbyButterslax":9p4yg90g said:
man that sounds amazing. I am wondering, does gain 1 control high end frequency, and gain 2 control low end frequency? thats kinda what I was trying to figure out on Reza's video.

Just a guess, but it's more likely that Gain 1 is attached to the plate of V1a and Gain 2 is attached to the plate of V1b. So each one is controlling a separate gain stage. That's how many other amps do it. But who knows.

DeathbyButterslax":11wjjr6w said:
man that sounds amazing. I am wondering, does gain 1 control high end frequency, and gain 2 control low end frequency? thats kinda what I was trying to figure out on Reza's video.
Gain 1 is the input/first gain stage and gain 2 is the next gain stage in line. Gain 2 has a treble cap across it which engages more and more as you lower gain 2, as you lower it you bring more of the treble cap into the tone, this is how you can get that Meshuggah industrial like clanky/djenty sound into the tone when setting up the amp. As you raise gain 2 you gradually remove the treble cap value from the pot, when gain 2 is maxed out the treble cap is fully removed from gain 2 giving more of a thicker tone with less clank/djent/grind. So, gain 2 can be looked at as a clank/djent/grind control in a sense. This also allows for versatility in the amps tone, it does way more than whats expected from the amps name. I'm sure there is better way to explain it but thats the best I can recall from what Mike explained to me on the phone.

K-Roll":2p70h86q said:
I dont like the one from reza.. but that might be cause i almost never like his soundclips whether it was a vh4.. or something else...his clips are always kinda shrill, thin, nasty and somehow still weirdly bloated in bass there some weird shit always going on each time i play something he recorder... the best term i could use is - it spits and sizzles and the sound makes me want to stop and not listen anymore, whereas the one from guitarslayer just oooooozes a huge tone

But don't you know who he is? :D

danyeo":18y5i8kz said:
K-Roll":18y5i8kz said:
I dont like the one from reza.. but that might be cause i almost never like his soundclips whether it was a vh4.. or something else...his clips are always kinda shrill, thin, nasty and somehow still weirdly bloated in bass there some weird shit always going on each time i play something he recorder... the best term i could use is - it spits and sizzles and the sound makes me want to stop and not listen anymore, whereas the one from guitarslayer just oooooozes a huge tone

But don't you know who he is? :D

Isn't he's the guy who's so important and special that Mike Fortin immediately built a special Meshuggah head for him a month after he delivered the original 3 heads to the band? I clearly remember "he who is everything amplifier" giving me some cunty trash talk here about the lead time on these amps, stating he was receiving his in December 2016. That would make his amp number 3-1/2 as Guitarslayer has #4, delivered June 2017........correct?

Fkn' Reza dude is sick in the head.

As if there isn't enough punishment in that room! What a collection! Many congrats!

guitarslayer":28mct0gq said:
DeathbyButterslax":28mct0gq said:
Gain 1 is the input/first gain stage and gain 2 is the next gain stage in line. Gain 2 has a treble cap across it which engages more and more as you lower gain 2, as you lower it you bring more of the treble cap into the tone, this is how you can get that Meshuggah industrial like clanky/djenty sound into the tone when setting up the amp. As you raise gain 2 you gradually remove the treble cap value from the pot, when gain 2 is maxed out the treble cap is fully removed from gain 2 giving more of a thicker tone with less clank/djent/grind. So, gain 2 can be looked at as a clank/djent/grind control in a sense. This also allows for versatility in the amps tone, it does way more than whats expected from the amps name. I'm sure there is better way to explain it but thats the best I can recall from what Mike explained to me on the phone.

That make sense. It sounds amazingly tight and huge at the same time, have you ran it through different cabs yet?

The amp doesn't seem to be very loud. Look where the master volume is set in the second video. Almost at full. That would be crazy loud for any tube amp...

That's the same amp in Reza's video. So he sold it, it seems...

"Best amp I've ever played, I'm selling it because it's just not my thing..."

I can't even imagine selling a beast like that... I have a hard time letting go of any piece of gear... I guess i'm a gear hoarder :LOL: :LOL:

FourT6and2":1z7q387a said:
That's the same amp in Reza's video. So he sold it, it seems...

"Best amp I've ever played, I'm selling it because it's just not my thing..."

Yup looks like reza sold it off !!! That seemed quick.

hstlaurent":1o1dc0td said:
Darn, someone snatched it before I could....
Whoever got it is one lucky mofo... I can assure you of that. Been having a lot of fun with it over the past few days.

Back