School me on Marshall Mods

Do you reckon they used modded Marshalls to record the following track? Or just boosted the amp?

Sounds juiced up one way or another:

petejt":3a9taw76 said:
Do you reckon they used modded Marshalls to record the following track? Or just boosted the amp?

Sounds like a Cranked bone stock marshall double tracked with board eq and compression and a great player.

The lead sound they may have kicked on a tube screamer or Boss overdrive.

A great room with good mics and a stock marshall will always yield those results.

Greenbacks and g12-65's for the added crunch. Those are what came in those cabs early eighties late 70s.

someone posted a rough CCV preamp circuit schematic on sloclone
didn't have time to analyze it properly, but looks very similar to the friedman brown eye with the sat switch (no big surprise here)

ericsabbath":11ndhihf said:
someone posted a rough CCV preamp circuit schematic on sloclone
didn't have time to analyze it properly, but looks very similar to the friedman brown eye with the sat switch (no big surprise here)

hmm I might have to check that out. I am not a fan of Diode clipping "sat" mods. The BE-100 had way more balls without it IMHO.

LukeCurd":59y4r8hm said:
petejt":59y4r8hm said:

Sounds like a Cranked bone stock marshall double tracked with board eq and compression and a great player.

The lead sound they may have kicked on a tube screamer or Boss overdrive.

A great room with good mics and a stock marshall will always yield those results.

Greenbacks and g12-65's for the added crunch. Those are what came in those cabs early eighties late 70s.

He sounded the same live in when i saw him.

That was his best tone ever ... and some of the best live tone i have ever heard, very, very analog. :thumbsup:

rottingcorpse":25soa6zy said:
exo-metal":25soa6zy said:
We can't leave out my man Todd Langner due to his lethal Marshall mods.

I have a Langer 800 50watt that is the best Marshall for metal I have owned.

I bet :thumbsup:
I'm always looking for any of his 100 watters he modded.

stephen sawall":1q7l7my7 said:
Lasse Lammert":1q7l7my7 said:
I'm in love with the Soldano HotMod...
plus it's easily reversible, literally plug'n'play
I would like to check one of these out.....

They're OK. With the quality pedals available today I would rather find the right pedal.

Has anyone tried the FET jack that Granger offers? That seems pretty cool for a simple, always boosted option.

4pby9lw.jpg

they're magically delicious

Back