SL 67 MKii Holy smokes.

I got the SL67 MK II today. This is the amp the OP played from N Stuff Music. I played it about an hour w/ a Jeff Beck Strat and I am extremely impressed.
In the last few years I've had a 2203X, a 1987X, PRS HDRX, recently got the Friedman JEL20.
First, it smoked the PRS. That's going in a closet tomorrow. It is more versatile than either Marshall. I like the JEL20, but I like this SL67 more.

The switches work as advertised. 3-way Bright Switch, the ability to turn the Fat-Cap on or off. A Mid Boost switch switch as well.
What struck me the most is the new MV is absolutely transparent. You can dime the Volume and put the MV on 9:00 and you don't have to readjust your settings. I HAD the older SL68. I tried doing that and there were compromises that had to be made.
I ran it thru the Power Station, but I was not attenuating (no need to w/ the Suhr's MV) I just used it for the Effects Loop.
Killer amp. Loud as f^ck. I'm glad I got the 50 watter.

1700085588369.jpeg

Last edited:
Just received this response from Suhr. Glad to have confirmation.

Hi Justin,
Thank you for the email. When you get the amp back it will be a MKII amp. Everything will be the same including the new master volume. The output transformer is the same as ever, the spec has not changed on that.

--
Ed A.
CUSTOMER SERVICE

I got the SL67 MK II today. This is the amp the OP played from N Stuff Music. I played it about an hour w/ a Jeff Beck Strat and I am extremely impressed.
In the last few years I've had a 2203X, a 1987X, PRS HDRX, recently got the Friedman JEL20.
First, it smoked the PRS. That's going in a closet tomorrow. It is more versatile than either Marshall. I like the JEL20, but I like this SL67 more.

The switches work as advertised. 3-way Bright Switch, the ability to turn the Fat-Cap on or off. A Mid Boost switch switch as well.
What struck me the most is the new MV is absolutely transparent. You can dime the Volume and put the MV on 9:00 and you don't have to readjust your settings. I HAD the older SL68. I tried doing that and there were compromises that had to be made.
I ran it thru the Power Station, but I was not attenuating (no need to w/ the Suhr's MV) I just used it for the Effects Loop.
Killer amp. Loud as f^ck. I'm glad I got the 50 watter.

View attachment 264876
let’s hear it already!

let’s hear it already!
I'm not a good clip-maker! I use Strats, I don't play 80s rock or metal. Anyway, at the moment I'm dialing in my new JVM410H I wasn't planning on buying, but Sweetwater had 1K off, plus I saved additional on the Tax.
The Suhr is a given. If you liked the previous version of the SL67 and SL68, the MK II has those additional switches, which gives you more options.
The JVM strikes me as a bit different from what I remember my original (2006/2007) one sounded like.

1700753525920.jpeg

I'm not a good clip-maker! I use Strats, I don't play 80s rock or metal. Anyway, at the moment I'm dialing in my new JVM410H I wasn't planning on buying, but Sweetwater had 1K off, plus I saved additional on the Tax.
The Suhr is a given. If you liked the previous version of the SL67 and SL68, the MK II has those additional switches, which gives you more options.
The JVM strikes me as a bit different from what I remember my original (2006/2007) one sounded like.

View attachment 266688
i’d take some watchtower or wind cries mary chords and licks mr. hendrix lover😁
but it’s ok if not…Happy Thanksgiving!

View attachment 266688
Just play an E chord, then A, then B. Then back to A. Then Fminor for funzies, A and B again.
Then tickle the strings all over. Then use a wiggle stick if you have one. Maybe hit the strings hard while palm muting. Then hold a note for as long as it'll go.

Those JVMs are too compressed and noisy, imo.

Just play an E chord, then A, then B. Then back to A. Then Fminor for funzies, A and B again.
Then tickle the strings all over. Then use a wiggle stick if you have one. Maybe hit the strings hard while palm muting. Then hold a note for as long as it'll go.

Those JVMs are too compressed and noisy, imo.
Sure, if you turn the gains up. None of my gains are set past noon and in Orange mode mostly on all channels. Hit that with various OD's and there is tons of sustain. No noise either. Palm muting isn't anything I do.

View attachment 266688
I love the sound of a Strat thru a gained up Marshall or Marshall based amp . Gary Moore got some great tones back in the day with the Strat/Marshall combo

Oh yeah, had this old vid kicking around of when I had just got my first ever Strat. I’m not a shredder but GM was a big guitar hero for me when he was playing rock.

I have some decent humbucker equipped guitars, but man... your sound in that clip is what I'm drawn to more and more as I get older. There's a purity in the sound of a good Strat with a high gain rig that just grabs me. Thanks for posting this. If you don't mind me asking, what model Strat is that and were the pickups in it when you made this video?

I have some decent humbucker equipped guitars, but man... your sound in that clip is what I'm drawn to more and more as I get older. There's a purity in the sound of a good Strat with a high gain rig that just grabs me. Thanks for posting this. If you don't mind me asking, what model Strat is that and were the pickups in it when you made this video?
It was an American Special (they don’t call it that anymore). I believe they were Texas Specials or Tex mex pickups. The guitar sounded great. I ended up not getting along with the neck (mostly the Fender radius) so I returned it. I do miss the tone though.
I was using a Voodoo lab Sparkle drive, boosting the crunch channel of my Stiletto Deuce II. I really hope to find a Strat I like (probably non-Fender) because I love that sound.

Last edited:
CME has an SL67 mkI that just popped up in their used section for $1800. If I hadn't just splurged on that mesa a few weeks ago, it'd be on the way here already.

Back