SL 67 MKii Holy smokes.

I'm not a good clip-maker! I use Strats, I don't play 80s rock or metal. Anyway, at the moment I'm dialing in my new JVM410H I wasn't planning on buying, but Sweetwater had 1K off, plus I saved additional on the Tax.
The Suhr is a given. If you liked the previous version of the SL67 and SL68, the MK II has those additional switches, which gives you more options.
The JVM strikes me as a bit different from what I remember my original (2006/2007) one sounded like.

View attachment 266688
I bought my JVM based on this guy's video. He has the best tone coming out of a JVM that I have ever heard.

I bought my JVM based on this guy's video. He has the best tone coming out of a JVM that I have ever heard.

Oh man, that takes me back. I miss those mid to late 2000s Young Guitar vids. Used to watch them in college. They had this series of VS Battles that were awesome. Wish they did them still.

One of my favorites (the guy on the right I think ended up playing for Baby Metal)

I hear ya. Another guitar isn't in the cards at the moment, so I might order a pickguard routed for SSS for my main guitar, an '87 Kramer Super Strat. I've got a bunch of great pickups sitting on a shelf.
I’ve got a Super Strat style that can be converted to s/s/s . It’s set up so nice and sounds so good with a Seymour Duncan RTM I don’t want to mess with it

I’ve got a Super Strat style that can be converted to s/s/s . It’s set up so nice and sounds so good with a Seymour Duncan RTM I don’t want to mess with it
I wouldn’t. Plus it’s a good excuse to get another guitar. 👍 I have two V’s, that no matter how curious about a different pickup I get, I will never change out what they have. They’re so perfect with what they have I’d be afraid to even de-solder the pot…lol

I understand. It works for me because I can't get another guitar right now. 2 pickguards, loaded with the pickups I like, swap as desired. Boom. Done.

There's an SL67 mkI on marketplace locally for a very reasonable price, that's been taunting me for weeks.
I really want to hold out til later this year though, and get a mkII, even if I have to bite the bullet & get a brand new one.

There's an SL67 mkI on marketplace locally for a very reasonable price, that's been taunting me for weeks.
I really want to hold out til later this year though, and get a mkII, even if I have to bite the bullet & get a brand new one.
Nothing wrong with buying brand new if you KNOW you're going to keep it for years or longer, or if you can get a great deal on sale. IMO.

If I buy an amp, I tend to keep it for a long time so new at a good price makes sense for me, IMO. For example, I just sold my Engl E530 preamp that I purchased new at least 10 years ago, it's been in the rack ever since and looks like it's brand new; I pulled the E850/100 of the market and will keep it.

If you're someone who frequently cycles through a few/several/many amps a year, then yeah new is a good way to lose money.

IMO

Nothing wrong with buying brand new if you KNOW you're going to keep it for years or longer, or if you can get a great deal on sale. IMO.

If I buy an amp, I tend to keep it for a long time so new at a good price makes sense for me, IMO. For example, I just sold my Engl E530 preamp that I purchased new at least 10 years ago, it's been in the rack ever since and looks like it's brand new; I pulled the E850/100 of the market and will keep it.

If you're someone who frequently cycles through a few/several/many amps a year, then yeah new is a good way to lose money.

IMO
I haven't sold an amp in a little over a decade. Out of the 7 I own currently, the only one I'd consider letting go is a $300 delta blues combo that served its purpose playing dive bar gigs many times over. I'm pretty much to a point that I know exactly what I want amp-wise, and this isn't product that leaves much guessing/wondering what you're getting. I still like the avoid buying new and taking the depreciation hit when I can.

I told myself I'd pay down a little more debt before another big purchase, so I'm gonna stick to that for the next few months. Who knows, I may find someone ready to flip theirs by then.

I haven't sold an amp in a little over a decade. Out of the 7 I own currently, the only one I'd consider letting go is a $300 delta blues combo that served its purpose playing dive bar gigs many times over. I'm pretty much to a point that I know exactly what I want amp-wise, and this isn't product that leaves much guessing/wondering what you're getting. I still like the avoid buying new and taking the depreciation hit when I can.

I told myself I'd pay down a little more debt before another big purchase, so I'm gonna stick to that for the next few months. Who knows, I may find someone ready to flip theirs by then.
sounds good; though I doubt new Suhr ever go on sale?

I destroyed my gear fund with the sales in November; $1000 off on a new 1959HW; 19-20% off a new JP-2C, and I purchased a few new guitars this year. Sold some gear, but not enough to break even.

sounds good; though I doubt new Suhr ever go on sale?

I destroyed my gear fund with the sales in November; $1000 off on a new 1959HW; 19-20% off a new JP-2C, and I purchased a few new guitars this year. Sold some gear, but not enough to break even.
Yeah, my gear fund is going to be depleted for a little while. In that past few months I bought the Mesa Badlander off the classifieds here for $1500, then found two Orange PPC 2x12's locally for $300 and $350 that I couldn't pass up. I'm very happy with that rig, it's going to be staying at the rehearsal space for the foreseeable future.

I think with anything Suhr, you've pretty much gotta pay full retail when buying new.

Reactions: rsm
Man I cannot wrap my head around no loop. Owned and used a Fryette -no interest.
Anyone have luck running a delay into the front? I dont need a lot of delay. Also what is the best method for solos boosts? I really like a 2nd chanel for solos.

Man I cannot wrap my head around no loop. Owned and used a Fryette -no interest.
Anyone have luck running a delay into the front? I dont need a lot of delay. Also what is the best method for solos boosts? I really like a 2nd chanel for solos.
IMO, it depends on how gainy you're running the amp. The only delay I think sounds cool in front of a distorting amp is an Echoplex-type set on a slap (like EVH) Long delays.....forget about it.
Or, you can run the amp cleaner and use a distortion pedal.

I have a similar feeling. I'm intrigued by this amp, but I use my fx loop a lot. I don't use reverb or long delays much, but I pretty much always have a short delay on for solos. Also, I like a 2nd master volume option either footswitchable or in the form of putting an EQ or clean boost in the loop. Lastly, I like to have the option to run a gate in 4 cable method to reduce noise especially if running an overdrive. I still think this is a really cool amp, I just wish they included a loop like Metropoulos does for their plexi style amps.

IMO, it depends on how gainy you're running the amp. The only delay I think sounds cool in front of a distorting amp is an Echoplex-type set on a slap (like EVH) Long delays.....forget about it.
Makes total sense but a 3g amp and run it clean with a dirt pedal -add sarcasm :ROFLMAO:
Be cool if they made a gigging musicians version of this amp

This is true if you put a loop in a plexi circuit anyways... The PI / power section which are after the loop distort if you aren't running them clean so either way you have distortion after your effects if you're not running clean.

I have an SL 67 Mk1 with a metropolous loop in it.
it’s a fantastic amplifier

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
Nice! What has your experience been with the PI/power section distorting post loop? And did you install the loop yourself?
Nope, I can run it clean / dirty / whatever, and it's typically cranked if the light is on. I bought it used from Tony Higbee in Nashville, absolutely do not regret the purchase. HIME Amplification performed the mod.

I might go for an SL68 MKII at some point, or try the new Metropoulous at some point, and I'll bet I have this 67 for many years to come.

Back