Uber Ultra

Just got a new Uber Ultra in custom red tolex. I ended up going with the EL34 one. Video of it in action:
Bogner1.jpg
Bogner3.jpg
Bogner2.jpg

Is that oversized Marshall cab a ‘TV’ model that they reissued in the early 90’s with greenbacks?
Its the bottom cab that came with the 2006 Hendrix stack Marshall Did. Has Celestion G12 C's. I did have a pair of V30's mixed in but recently put it back to stock. Huge sounding cab.

2020 TJ custom owner here, Sweetwater was a disaster then, they had issues beyond what I'd call professionalism, I wouldn't buy a Bogner through them.

Sounds great, 2.0 with the new additions really stands out, it's the same yet because of the new tweaks you can do, it goes beyond the older ones, really ingenious and I'd say better for sure. If you can't dial in an Uber tone with this you don't like these amps in general.

Bogner.... you can do these unique custom features yet it's still 2 channels (midi not needed yet but will if 3 or 4 channels)? Take the next step and dominate all types of music in one amp, the tones in there to do it.

You fixed the channel volume issue with a master V for each, Bravo. 1 down, 2 more to go IMO.

3.0, keep these unique features plus more, then with the userface of like an Invader 2 this would be a king amp. $4k+ all day worth it, ability to have 3 or 4 channels with your new mods that can be saved uniquely to each channel would be incredible.

2020 TJ custom owner here, Sweetwater was a disaster then, they had issues beyond what I'd call professionalism, I wouldn't buy a Bogner through them.

Sounds great, 2.0 with the new additions really stands out, it's the same yet because of the new tweaks you can do, it goes beyond the older ones, really ingenious and I'd say better for sure. If you can't dial in an Uber tone with this you don't like these amps in general.

Bogner.... you can do these unique custom features yet it's still 2 channels (midi not needed yet but will if 3 or 4 channels)? Take the next step and dominate all types of music in one amp, the tones in there to do it.

You fixed the channel volume issue with a master V for each, Bravo. 1 down, 2 more to go IMO.

3.0, keep these unique features plus more, then with the userface of like an Invader 2 this would be a king amp. $4k+ all day worth it, ability to have 3 or 4 channels with your new mods that can be saved uniquely to each channel would be incredible.
What sorts of issues did you have with Sweetwater?

Ran into one of these in my favorite Atlanta store and it was quite a beast. It’s actually capable of a lot more that the metulz. Actually had a good clean tone and unlike most Bogner’s, it sounded decent for edge of breakup when you turned up the gain on the clean setting. Not the usual, “is something broken?” sound. Also had good medium gain rock tones. All the toggles served a decent purpose and were musical. I really feel you could tailor the amp to almost any guitar.
That being said, it is a Bogner still, so for those who don’t get along with The way Bogners sound in the midrange, you’ll still find that in this amp. The store had a SLO right above it and for me, the immediate plug and play aspect of it made me like it better. Plus it also had more of the mids and top end that jump out of the speaker, where the Uber comes out in an overall brute force kind of way.
In the Uber’s favor I will say it’s more value for money.They were both about the same price (just over 3300) and for an amp that has had no significant changes (BAD acquisition minor tweaks aside) the Soldano feels overpriced. The Ultra you can imagine the R&D and years of mods leading towards it. It would have been prototyped and revised, possibly new transformer designs. It comes across as something completely new and forward. While the Soldano is basically the same amp since 1988.

…..my favorite amp of the day though was cranking up a 1962 Brown Super 🥰

Sweetwater couldn't get me the amp, yet Bogner had it ready, that's about as far as I'll go. I'll get mine through my GC contact.

I'm probably selling my TJ, this Ultra amp is great, fixed some minor issues and expanded the tones possible which makes it hard to not have if you're an Uber fan.

KT88 version better not come with 6550 this time when I unbox it, the new Shugaung Chinese tube factory is up and there's Linlai the branch off competitor. KT88s are no longer an endangered species.

I do have the 6L6 version here now. My first 5 minutes: I agree that it kills soundwise. I like all modes in channel 1 and enjoy Uber and Ultra mode in channel 2. However, the noise is pretty annoying. Boosted Ueber is pretty noisy in both cases, but Ultra is too noisy for the price, I feel. Does everyone use a noise gate. Would I need that with the Wizard Hell Razor?
Another minor complaint: The boost status is not remembered for the channel. Switching from boosted channel 2 to channel 1 will leave the boost on, even if it has been deactivated for that channel before.

I do have the 6L6 version here now. My first 5 minutes: I agree that it kills soundwise. I like all modes in channel 1 and enjoy Uber and Ultra mode in channel 2. However, the noise is pretty annoying. Boosted Ueber is pretty noisy in both cases, but Ultra is too noisy for the price, I feel. Does everyone use a noise gate. Would I need that with the Wizard Hell Razor?
Another minor complaint: The boost status is not remembered for the channel. Switching from boosted channel 2 to channel 1 will leave the boost on, even if it has been deactivated for that channel before.
You definitely should put a noise gate in the loop with the Ultra. Killer amp but can be noisy.

Regarding the boost, it is always on if you activate it so yeah that can be annoying if you want to go from boosted High gain over to clean or whatnot. Maybe try to hit both switches at the same time, haha.

Next round after trying. I still feel the Ultra Mode (especially boosted) is tamable. I used a Decimator G-String (4 Cable Method) and ended up with unnatural decays (Gain at 4/10). The Boss NS-1X did a better job, but you still had to be real careful when playing. Plus, the setting did not transfer to the first channel.
I feel the amp is a fury and you might just live with this level of noise if you need such extreme sounds.
The issue is certainly caused by the gain staging. You basically add stages for the Ultra mode and the boost, I guess. However, there are no controls to adjust the amount of gain being added. My guess is additional gain pots could be a solution.
This is a pretty special extremist. I still find it hard to not like it since the Ultra sounds awesome. And I still love both Über-Modes.

Back