Warren DeMartini at The Music Zoo

Yeah, that neck plate was added later when WDM started "endorsing" Performance.

It is a Charvel, trust me. Or don't...but I've talked to Grover about that one. Performance never exactly copied the original Dinky shape, at least that I'm aware of. And it predates Frenchie and Black Frenchie (which was the last of the endorsee guitars from Charvel I believe)

Just watched the WCJr vid, and yes that is the same guitar.

You can see this same guitar in the family pic below while he was still with Charvel before he started with Performance:

VCFCollection-WarrenD.jpg

Rdodson":ysjdo2pj said:
Yeah, that neck plate was added later when WDM started "endorsing" Performance.

It is a Charvel, trust me. Or don't...but I've talked to Grover about that one. Performance never exactly copied the original Dinky shape, at least that I'm aware of.

I do trust you - I don't claim to be an expert on this subject at all - just discussing to learn. I also never thought Warren officially endorsed Performance. Personally, I think Performance and one of the best made guitars - just magical.

They are amazing...what's the main luthier's name? Sugai? Is that right? I compare them to James Tyler. Just completely solid tone machines.

And the guitar in my avatar pic is a dinky.

Oh I agree...the Corsair I have is just magical! Just a simple single HB, and it is fast becoming my all time fave!

Yep - Kunio (Kenny) Sugai

My Snakeskin is probbaly the best sounding guitar I own but plan to play the new black one more to preserve the snakeskin. Kenny would not make a Snakeskin in fall when i ordered. He said the material was not easy to get and he needs to people to do it and his other guy was having surgery.

Eric - we still need a pic of yours - this way I can try to pry it from your arms :)

sixxvanrose":2if0lm50 said:
Hi Guys,

I was there as well. I also went to the NY & PA shows. If you go to my youtube channel I have footage.

Here's my video from the clinic. Enjoy :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa1X3UxxARw&t=26s
What's with the half-assed copyright logo plastered over the footage?
I doubt you have permission to post a public performance, much less claim a bogus right over the footage.
Take that stupid shit off and leave us to enjoy Warren without you hanging onto his ankles.
You should just have gotten a fan-boi selfie. Oh, hang on...

Dave Rocks":2cusz2kd said:

My Snakeskin is probbaly the best sounding guitar I own but plan to play the new black one more to preserve the snakeskin. Kenny would not make a Snakeskin in fall when i ordered. He said the material was not easy to get and he needs to people to do it and his other guy was having surgery.

Eric - we still need a pic of yours - this way I can try to pry it from your arms :)
Ha! Considering I just scored it on Reverb for $1500, that is NOT going to happen :D

At any rate, I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but here is the photo from the sale...

Padre Bonic":et157dy5 said:
sytharnia1560":et157dy5 said:
sytharnia1560":et157dy5 said:
P.S. all the guitars on stage were his originals except for the blood drip which was given away in a raffle at the end of it.

thats weird because the last photo of the frenchie I saw most of the graphics had come off. Also it only had one pick up and didn't have the truss rod cut out on the fretboard
I think you are correct.The French he's using now is a newer one.

got me thinking there might be a run of frenchie sigs coming?
From what I understand they were going to and two were made:eek:ne went to Warren and one was shown at NAMM but for some reason they didn't go put them out. Recently Warren was at Charvel and they are working on something so maybe in the future.

I'll be first in line if they finally pull this off.

Bronco":1enshz1s said:
Dave Rocks":1enshz1s said:

Ha! Considering I just scored it on Reverb for $1500, that is NOT going to happen :D

At any rate, I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but here is the photo from the sale...

Nice score!! What head stock does it have?

Dave Rocks":3cflhuyd said:
Bronco":3cflhuyd said:
Dave Rocks":3cflhuyd said:

Nice score!! What head stock does it have?
Same as yours in your avatar...Warren neck profile too. :thumbsup: And I'll be honest: red is not my color of preference, but its starting to grow on me. Still think I'd just like it in black tho.

Eric - that's a nice guitar. Not sure if I love red either but I do love the small fret board dots. Had I saw that FS @ $1500 - my credit card would have never come out of my wallet so fast :)

Saw this clinic two month ago... I think, Scarygroove's version. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see. Warren looks like really humble and even shy guy and of course not a selfish or some kind of this crap. Always loved his playing, anyway, there were couple of moments in his solos at the clinic that looked like "relaxed". But no offense. I like everything about DeMartini. Along with the Ratt "classics" from 83 to 90, also "Collage" is my favorite one for Warren's playing... along with the whole band's work too. Blotzer always gave this funky groove. And "Ratt" '99 I like too.

Padre Bonic":3pr7bpy8 said:
So now the Frenchies have been announced! I got my order in for the black one!

Very excited that they finally got that through...but I'm glad I built up my own. Those prices... :bleh:

Chris O":3hpdgul9 said:
Padre Bonic":3hpdgul9 said:

Very excited that they finally got that through...but I'm glad I built up my own. Those prices... :bleh:
Maybe down the road they will do a pro mod version like they did with the snake. They did well with those.

Padre Bonic":1fpblxof said:
Chris O":1fpblxof said:
Padre Bonic":1fpblxof said:

Maybe down the road they will do a pro mod version like they did with the snake. They did well with those.

How cool would that be??? :thumbsup:

Chris O":1yteykyu said:
Padre Bonic":1yteykyu said:
Chris O":1yteykyu said:
Padre Bonic":1yteykyu said:

Majorly! I have the Pro Mod Snake and no joke, it stands up to my Custom Shop Charvels. Fit,finish, hardware and tone are all top notch on mine. Definitely worthy of the name.

Padre Bonic":1ykdhc8e said:
Chris O":1ykdhc8e said:
Chris O":1ykdhc8e said:

Majorly! I have the Pro Mod Snake and no joke, it stands up to my Custom Shop Charvels. Fit,finish, hardware and tone are all top notch on mine. Definitely worthy of the name.

I was impressed with both of my MIM's as well. No complaints at all. As a matter of fact, given the opportunity to choose with a difference of $1000 (give or take), I'd go with the "import".

Chris O":bmwp06h8 said:
Padre Bonic":bmwp06h8 said:

I was impressed with both of my MIM's as well. No complaints at all. As a matter of fact, given the opportunity to choose with a difference of $1000 (give or take), I'd go with the "import".
Yeah my EVH Circles (MIM) is a great player as well...I just swapped the pickup and put an OFR in it and it slays.

Back