What do I need to complete a wet/dry rig?

Cool! Post pics when you get it assembled, maybe even a build thread showing everything you've done. I'm contemplating doing that when I finally get around to getting my racks back together.

Econ":nv23a4wu said:
Just ordered 2 Friedman 1x12’s for the rig. Still need to get the Matrix poweramp, mixer and the effects system thet I’ll be using.

Great cabs. I bought 2 From Brad King when they first came out 5ish years ago. Actually one company was making Friedman/Cameron cabs. They are built like a tank if they are the same quality.

I run 2 EVM 12L BLS 300w speakers in them tanks to Steve King. They are rare as hens teeth :LOL: :LOL:

With a VHT 50 or 90, RT2/50 or Mesa power amp those ported cabs will keep up with a 4x12. I read a couple years ago the Matrix didn’t have the punch of the other amps. I heard the same about the Synergy amp but I think since it is running 6L6 tubes, single rack space and light weight it will be my next amp.

https://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr10 ... G_2149.jpg

Back in the day, a lot of people used H&H or Crown power amps for the wet cabs (both solid state). Since the main sound is coming from the dry amp, it's always seemed to me that the amp used for the wet cabs only needs to be able to accurately reproduce the original sound + the effects. Just about anything with enough power (and reliability) should (theoretically) be just fine.

I haven't tried the Matrix amps, but yeah, they should be just fine.

FYI, the main reason why I'm running a Boogie power amp is for the times I run the rig in stereo and not W/D/W. It does pair really well with the Studio Pre, too.

jlbaxe":eue1x1y4 said:
Econ":eue1x1y4 said:
Just ordered 2 Friedman 1x12’s for the rig. Still need to get the Matrix poweramp, mixer and the effects system thet I’ll be using.

Great cabs. I bought 2 From Brad King when they first came out 5ish years ago. Actually one company was making Friedman/Cameron cabs. They are built like a tank if they are the same quality.

I run 2 EVM 12L BLS 300w speakers in them tanks to Steve King. They are rare as hens teeth :LOL: :LOL:

With a VHT 50 or 90, RT2/50 or Mesa power amp those ported cabs will keep up with a 4x12. I read a couple years ago the Matrix didn’t have the punch of the other amps. I heard the same about the Synergy amp but I think since it is running 6L6 tubes, single rack space and light weight it will be my next amp.

I've had the Matrix/Fryette 2/90/2 side-by-side. For w/d/w, I preferred the Matrix. Awesome power-amps. If I was playing an Axe FX into a power amp into a cab, then I'd prefer tubes over the Matrix, but the Matrix can definitely hang.

Agreed on power amps. Any good, clean power amp should be perfectly fine for W/D/W especially if you're pulling off the DI of the main amp so already have any affect of power amp tone in the sound.

I'm going to use my Velocity 300. So far, all of my experiences suggest it's more than adequate. I'd only go back a tube power amp if I returned to a separate preamp. As long as I'm using a traditional amp head I don't see the point in the expense/weight/space.

mhenson42":2on1m2pn said:
jlbaxe":2on1m2pn said:
Econ":2on1m2pn said:

I've had the Matrix/Fryette 2/90/2 side-by-side. For w/d/w, I preferred the Matrix. Awesome power-amps. If I was playing an Axe FX into a power amp into a cab, then I'd prefer tubes over the Matrix, but the Matrix can definitely hang.

I recall using a SLA2 for the wet/wet but preferred the tube amps. You don’t see many Matrix amps used. The Velocity 300 was a pretty popular amp here back before Matrix and the Art SLA2.

jlbaxe":jobigt3u said:
mhenson42":jobigt3u said:
jlbaxe":jobigt3u said:
Econ":jobigt3u said:

I recall using a SLA2 for the wet/wet but preferred the tube amps. You don’t see many Matrix amps used. The Velocity 300 was a pretty popular amp here back before Matrix and the Art SLA2.

I never used an SL2A for w/d/w, but I did have one for an Axe FX. I sold it when I bought the Matrix. The Matrix was a big improvement. I actually just sold one of my Matrix GT1000s (I had 2, still keeping one) in the forums, but didn't get a lot of interest in it here. Check the Fractal Forums. I see them pop up there frequently.

Back