What do you guys think about lickliter amps?

Just read that thread. Did someone really send him a stock 80's JCM800 to completely gut and rewire? What a waste of a great Marshall. Is he reusing anything other than the transformers?

Last edited:
Just read that thread. Did someone really send him a stock JCM800 to completely gut and rewire? What a waste of a great Marshall. Is he reusing anything other than the transformers?
It looks like he is only using the chassis and transformers yes, well I guess is a whole new layout

I played a 5150 that he modded. Personally I thought it sounded worse than a stock unit.
You know what I played a FJA modded 5150 and it was the same not great sounding with tons of gain
The only 5150 mods I ever liked were the choke and bias mod. Really, outside of the choke transformer, there really isn't any reason to mod that amp. The bias mod itself is really only to make tube replacement easier, not to alter the tone. Sure, people can tweak it to sacrifice their tubes for warmth, but it should be used more for putting whatever random replacement tubes in their goldilocks zone.

This is the amp in question. It was a 1981 4 input that Lee Jackson modded in 1985 and was de-modded back to stock. It was a great candidate for a total mod overhaul. I think it changed hands a couple of times and got damaged by a shipping company. I will be taking this model to production with a clean channel added and a few circuit changes as well. I just finished my Scalpel 50 production model and you will have videos soon. Lickliter is my last name and the tone will speak for itself. Thanks

the clips that have been posted here throughout the years have always sounded good. 🎸🔥
Thanks for the kind words. Great things coming in the near future!

Attachments

• IMG_5508.jpeg
    IMG_5508.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5509.jpeg
    IMG_5509.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 14

This is the amp in question. It was a 1981 4 input that Lee Jackson modded in 1985 and was de-modded back to stock. It was a great candidate for a total mod overhaul. I think it changed hands a couple of times and got damaged by a shipping company. I will be taking this model to production with a clean channel added and a few circuit changes as well. I just finished my Scalpel 50 production model and you will have videos soon. Lickliter is my last name and the tone will speak for itself. Thanks

Good to hear, been watching your stuff for a long time. That prototype demo Frankenhauser did still haunts me. I believe it was the XD100.

Thanks for the information how much would be the models that you are going to sale with the clean channel added?

Thanks for the information how much would be the models that you are going to sale with the clean channel added?
This is the new amp in question. The XD100.
Features-
Footswitchable gain stage for overdrive channel
Double bright caps
+\- clean channel
Foot switchable to full clean channel.
Tube affects loop with siend and return levels.
100 watt
Mercury Magnetics Transformers

Attachments

• IMG_5524.jpeg
    IMG_5524.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5525.jpeg
    IMG_5525.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
This is the new amp in question. The XD100.
Features-
Footswitchable gain stage for overdrive channel
Double bright caps
+\- clean channel
Foot switchable to full clean channel.
Tube affects loop with siend and return levels.
100 watt
Mercury Magnetics Transformers
What is OD1 and ODII doing? Is that set and forget or footswitchable?

Back