What guitar are you playing today?

Black Sweetwater exclusive Charvel DK24..sounds great with the Duncan Custom Hybrid I swapped the Nazgul out for.

Attachments

• PXL_20240418_015627663.jpg
    PXL_20240418_015627663.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Filling in on a tour with my old band here soon and been running through the set on both of these every day relearning and learning a bit that I wasn’t on. Gotta get the muscle memory going again, it’s been a while haha.

View attachment 303279

Woah... I never see ESP branded Phoenix guitars. Awesome! I wish ESP would offer the Phoenix as an option again. I think they only have a LTD version at the moment. Every now and then on reverb an old ESP standard series Phoenix will appear, but they are frequently in rough shape.

Woah... I never see ESP branded Phoenix guitars. Awesome! I wish ESP would offer the Phoenix as an option again. I think they only have a LTD version at the moment. Every now and then on reverb an old ESP standard series Phoenix will appear, but they are frequently in rough shape.

Yeah, I used to have a few of the standard series phoenixes, this one is a custom they made for me (was an esp artist at the time) when they weren’t producing phoenixes in 2017, although I didn’t actually get it until early 2019 and they ended up bringing back those LTD’s you’re speaking of later that same year, the vintage white Ltd also uses the same pickup config as this one with the Duncan p-90 at the neck.

Yeah, I used to have a few of the standard series phoenixes, this one is a custom they made for me (was an esp artist at the time) when they weren’t producing phoenixes in 2017, although I didn’t actually get it until early 2019 and they ended up bringing back those LTD’s you’re speaking of later that same year, the vintage white Ltd also uses the same pickup config as this one with the Duncan p-90 at the neck.
You were an ESP Artist!? Sick! I love the body shape of the Phoenix.

And dude, you read my mind! That Vintage White (w/the Duncan Custom and P-90 Phat Cat) one is awesome looking. I just wish they offered an MIJ version.

LTDPhoenix.png

I've noticed sometimes these MIJ ones from the early 2010s appears on reverb, but they are normally pretty pricey for mixed condition and I don't care for the black/white color. I much prefer the Vintage White.

ESP MIJ Phoenix.jpg

You were an ESP Artist!? Sick! I love the body shape of the Phoenix.

And dude, you read my mind! That Vintage White (w/the Duncan Custom and P-90 Phat Cat) one is awesome looking. I just wish they offered an MIJ version.

View attachment 305256

I've noticed sometimes these MIJ ones from the early 2010s appears on reverb, but they are normally pretty pricey for mixed condition and I don't care for the black/white color. I much prefer the Vintage White.

View attachment 305259

I feel you on the finish, I actually had black ones and white ones and swapped the pickguard on them and it looked a lot better.

And Yeah, I’ve got one of the vintage white LTD’s as well. The current LTD’s and the old Standard Series are also a little different sound-wise, as the standards were maple neck-thru with mahogany wings, and the newer LTD’s are all mahogany (Some of the old LTD 400 series phoenixes were also all mahogany). I prefer the all mahogany as it’s a bit beefier of a sound. Sound more like a Les Paul. The newer LTD’s also have painted necks, the old standards (and my custom) did not. I’d take the new 1000’s over the old standards these days, personally.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpeg
    IMG_3532.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    650.5 KB · Views: 10
Back