What is the difference between a Fryette PS 100 and a Fryette PS 2a

2A is 2x6l6 so 50 watts output. 100 is 2x6550 so an output of 100W. The 100 has 2 independent settings of output, depth and presence you can footswitch between. Other than that, basically the same. I've had both and liked both. Now have the 100 and never switch between the 2 settings.

2A is 2x6l6 so 50 watts output. 100 is 2x6550 so an output of 100W. The 100 has 2 independent settings of output, depth and presence you can footswitch between. Other than that, basically the same. I've had both and liked both. Now have the 100 and never switch between the 2 settings.
This. I’ll add that I love the switch for channels. It’s a boost for lead or change of tone.: I love the fx loop and the pedal that controls in the Ps100. Sometimes I wish I had 2.

Anyone with both the PS and rockcrusher can comment on attenuation? And suhr vs PS for line out?

Anyone with both the PS and rockcrusher can comment on attenuation? And suhr vs PS for line out?
The PS is not an attenuator. It's basically a self contained slaving system where the amp is knocked down to line level and then amped back up with a power amp - with a loop in the middle. I've never used the rock crusher so I can't comment on how they compare when dropping the volume of a loud amp but they do it 2 different ways.

I had a Rockcrusher recording. I didn't like the attenuation, as it was notched vs linear.

I didn't feel like I could get a setting I liked when using the attenuator, but did like using it to record stuff into my DAW.

I really want to try the PS-2A

Rockcrusher sounds very good, but for heavy attenuation nothing beats a reamper like the Power Station or similar rig. If you only need mild attenuation most quality units work well.

Suhr is the best load.

Excruciating attenuator comparison on our YT channel if that's your thing.

Can someone explain the difference between how the Power Station achieves attenuation vs say the Rockcrusher? And how the Suhr creates a line level signal vs the Rockcrusher or PS?

I didn't feel like I could get a setting I liked when using the attenuator, but did like using it to record stuff into my DAW.
Most people seem to dislike the Rockcrusher for line out, at least the regular non-recording version. I am wondering if units like the Suhr are just better at EQ compensation than the Rockcrusher or if the Suhr employs a better method.

Most people seem to dislike the Rockcrusher for line out, at least the regular non-recording version. I am wondering if units like the Suhr are just better at EQ compensation than the Rockcrusher or if the Suhr employs a better method.

Yeah, that's why I initially grabbed the recording version.

I had the PS100 when it first came out and when loading down my vintage Marshalls I heard LOTS of unwanted/unnatural artifacts in the sound. The only attenuator I liked was the one Cameron made me....but after 10 minutes of playing it got really hot... so I dont use it much either. lol

When running a 100 Watt Marshall at high volume into the either the Suhr RL or the Fryette PS100 how hot do they get?

When running a 100 Watt Marshall at high volume into the either the Suhr RL or the Fryette PS100 how hot do they get?

Using a PS2, the top panel is pretty warm from the tubes mounted just under it. That is about it. Nothing out of the ordinary. Can't speak to the Suhr.

I had the PS100 when it first came out and when loading down my vintage Marshalls I heard LOTS of unwanted/unnatural artifacts in the sound. The only attenuator I liked was the one Cameron made me....but after 10 minutes of playing it got really hot... so I dont use it much either. lol
One of the few that isn’t totally satisfied with the powerstation!

I have a PS-2….it doesn’t get hot at all. Even with the Wizard on 3-1/2 which is much louder than my Marshalls on 6 it doesn’t.

I have a PS-2….it doesn’t get hot at all. Even with the Wizard on 3-1/2 which is much louder than my Marshalls on 6 it doesn’t.
How does the Wizard sound with it?

My Wizard doesn't work with my PS100 or Waza TAE.

I love the PS100 but some amps are picky. My SLO doesn't like the PS100 either.

Last edited:
How does the Wizard sound with it?

My Wizard doesn't work with my PS100 or Waza TAE.

I love the PS100 bur som amps are picky. My SLO doesn't like the PS100 either.
Interesting. What do you mean it doesn’t work?
Here is what I try to do to all my amps as I want a wet/dry mix. @dead-pan , I too could not figure how to do this with the Wizard BUT last night it dawned on me while I was screwing around thinking about pathways.
Normally I try to take a signal direct from the speaker out of (AMP whatever) that way there is a load on the amp and then I take a 2nd path out of the line/direct/fx loop- something to get a 2nd signal and that goes to the PS100 which then has its own parameters for tone… the PS100 then to a cabinet. In the powerstation there is an FX loop which I utilize to make the wet sound. The foot switch for the PS100 allows to engage the fx loop or 2nd channel with different flavor as well as volume. Just more options

To the Wizard. I cannot figure out how the direct out works on mine with what I want ( yeah idk). It’s been weeks of fiddling and nothing gives. Anyway last night I plugged into the speaker outs of the Wizard (2x12)-x2..one direct into the cabinet and one into the AmP in of the PS100 which reamps the Wizard and then it into the other side of the cabinet. Fx in the ps100 loop. Bam wet dry.
I know this is not plug and play but I want that dry signal and a wet signal with the ability to up the ante on wet during solos and the ps100 allows this. I have a lot of poweramps (too many) and the powerstation is the most versatile for me and my needs.

Btw I spend more time fucking around with shit vs just playing.

Interesting. What do you mean it doesn’t work?
Here is what I try to do to all my amps as I want a wet/dry mix. @dead-pan , I too could not figure how to do this with the Wizard BUT last night it dawned on me while I was screwing around thinking about pathways.
Normally I try to take a signal direct from the speaker out of (AMP whatever) that way there is a load on the amp and then I take a 2nd path out of the line/direct/fx loop- something to get a 2nd signal and that goes to the PS100 which then has its own parameters for tone… the PS100 then to a cabinet. In the powerstation there is an FX loop which I utilize to make the wet sound. The foot switch for the PS100 allows to engage the fx loop or 2nd channel with different flavor as well as volume. Just more options

To the Wizard. I cannot figure out how the direct out works on mine with what I want ( yeah idk). It’s been weeks of fiddling and nothing gives. Anyway last night I plugged into the speaker outs of the Wizard (2x12)-x2..one direct into the cabinet and one into the AmP in of the PS100 which reamps the Wizard and then it into the other side of the cabinet. Fx in the ps100 loop. Bam wet dry.
I know this is not plug and play but I want that dry signal and a wet signal with the ability to up the ante on wet during solos and the ps100 allows this. I have a lot of poweramps (too many) and the powerstation is the most versatile for me and my needs.

Btw I spend more time fucking around with shit vs just playing.
Apologies, I was a bit cryptic.

When using the Wizard with the PS100 the sound changes in a bad way. Even at the same settings. Sounds similar to being under biased.

Back