What is the difference between a Fryette PS 100 and a Fryette PS 2a

How does the Wizard sound with it?

My Wizard doesn't work with my PS100 or Waza TAE.

I love the PS100 bur som amps are picky. My SLO doesn't like the PS100 either.
It sounds really good. Recorded much of my upcoming cd with it. Primarily using the load/direct out/ ir’s.
Using it as a reamp as long as the volume isn’t turned up past 2/3 it doesn’t change the sound. Not fond of additional power amp distortion with high gain stuff.
So far it has been good with the Wizard, Marshalls and old Fenders. Haven’t spent much time with the Mesa, Hiwatt or 6505 yet.
One thing I had to remember is that it isn’t an attenuator, so turning the PS-2 volume full up is not bypassing it like with a Hotplate.

So Fryette is claiming 100w clean out of TWO 6550's/KT88 ? Hugh. . . Torroid OT maybe ?

@psychodave, did the Cameron load have any heatsinks ? those power resistors need alot of surface area to even be rated full power. Something to think about. They make aluminum heat sinks that you can assemble that could fit the bill for the application. Very inexpensive and compact. Open air, would seem to cool better, however it doesn't. You can pull up a Vishay PR for example with the similar housing and they will give the spec for thermal, in order to be rated at full power.

So Fryette is claiming 100w clean out of TWO 6550's/KT88 ? Hugh. . . Torroid OT maybe ?

@psychodave, did the Cameron load have any heatsinks ? those power resistors need alot of surface area to even be rated full power. Something to think about. They make aluminum heat sinks that you can assemble that could fit the bill for the application. Very inexpensive and compact. Open air, would seem to cool better, however it doesn't. You can pull up a Vishay PR for example with the similar housing and they will give the spec for thermal, in order to be rated at full power.
No heat sinks, but the resistors were screwed onto/into an aluminum enclosure that had some small fins.

6550s are 50 watt tubes at proper voltage...

Back