Wizard options

Can one of you guys with a MC-100 head take some measurements of the head for me? Want to go ahead and order a road case while I am waiting on the head. The cab dims are on the site.

Nevermind......got them straight from Wizard.

Head

Height = 10.50" (feet included)
Wide = 27"
Deep = 9"

Cab

Height = 29 5/8" (feet included)
Wide = 29 3/4"
Deep = 14"

Steve

Okay, somebody give me the 411 on the footswitchable items on this amp. I have heard there is no Wizard footswitch but there is one or two jacks on the rear for switching. I would like to know what if anything is switchable. 3 push/pulls on the front but only two jacks on the rear? :confused: What gives? On a modern classic of course. :)

You can only switch between channels on the modern classics. The second jack, if I remember correctly, can be connected to the foot switch jack on another head so they can both be switched at the same time.

joshsage":3628jdyx said:
wheelman":3628jdyx said:
Josh is that you on Hey Joe? Good stuff! :rock:

Nah that's my cousin on that one. He is using his ernie ball axis on that one, I forgot to mention that one. But he currently plays a metal right now until he can afford an MC. He enjoys doing clips and playing around with the gear. He struck a gold mine here and gets his fill, but I will relay it to him. His name is bojangles on this forum, when he gets on. He loves his wizards.

That's cool Josh. I really like the Rock 20's.

HOLLYWOOD":1p8tid1k said:
Okay, somebody give me the 411 on the footswitchable items on this amp. I have heard there is no Wizard footswitch but there is one or two jacks on the rear for switching. I would like to know what if anything is switchable. 3 push/pulls on the front but only two jacks on the rear? :confused: What gives? On a modern classic of course. :)
Is there a special type of footswitch needed to change channels? I tried a basic Marshall style 1 button footswitch on my MC and it doesn't seem to work. Does it matter which jack you use?

I tried the footswitch from my Budda SD45 and now it works. That's weird, I didn't think there was a difference between the two footswitches. :dunno:

Just heard from Rick and he confirmed the following on my head in addition to the Gain Mod on the Treble knob push/pull:

EMAIL from Rick at Wizard:

Thanks Brad,

Tested the amp today, sounds great.

The Cane 4x12 will be finished tomorrow ...looks real sweet & will sound as good.

We will box them over the weekend & get them out Monday morning.

BTW, I added a little custom touch that I've done on very few amps so far ... added 2 more LEDs on the front panel (one for each boost ... not the special hidden gain boost on the Treble pot).

cheers, Rick

Love the 5153 cabs with my Wizard MC. Also am really digging my Marshalls with G12H30's. Thought I'd toss that in for good measure!

I have favored the english marshall greenbacks cab all day today. You have the EVH cab and it has the EVH greenbacks in it with the black covers and those are the same as the greenbacks I have in this english marshall cab.
I totally know where you are coming from as far as Killer tone with the MC-100. :rock:

The honeymoon is winding down to a close. Waiting on the Wizard cab to get here for a final tone check.

But, I am a little bit pissed, no I am quite pissed that there is not a switchable lead boost available. When pulled, the boosted lead channel sounds incredible like there is almost another dimension to the sound and it really pushes the amp to the next level. As great as it is, I wouldn't want to be playing in that mode all the time. And, the rhythm channel I don't plan to be on either as the gain is just not there. I assumed the switch jacks in the back would control this, but I found out that it is just rhythm to lead, whether you are set for pushed or pulled mode through trial and error and from Rick. I guess for this to work for me I can have a little midget stand behind the cab and give me a little pull on the lead boost at solo time or figure out how to wire this to one of the switch jacks.

I am just not sure why go to the trouble of having such an incredible high gain channel, and a boosted gain, if switching to it is not possible. I guess if Wizard is your amp, then using two would be an option.

Great build quality, awesome tone, looks bad-ass....but not much functionality.

Steve

Back