yt: Mike Fortin Randall RD50

Lasse Lammert

This is a neat little bugger I must say!
it has a tight and rather lean bass response and creamy forward mids, which is very nice if you wanna cut through in a dense band context. I'd describe it as a "modern take on a vintage viocing", really nice, me like

Sounds damn fine, Lasse. How did you get hold of this amp?

Sounds awesome Lasse! Always a fan of your mixes. Adding Mike's magic to it makes it even better. I like it a lot.

Is there any info on these amps yet? The randall website doesnt mention anything about a circuit update.

Laurens":2w3vxcld said:
Is there any info on these amps yet? The randall website doesnt mention anything about a circuit update.

The old stock got converted to the newer circuit and have Randall issued hang tags noting it. The next production batch will have different cosmetics and will have the changes.

angelspade":2w3vxcld said:
What about the Randall Meathead and Natas???!!!

Working on those right now. Having a lot of fun with a new software suite called Altium :doh:

Thanks for the good words, much appreciated :rock:

FortinAmps":37opq8gx said:
Laurens":37opq8gx said:

The old stock got converted to the newer circuit and have Randall issued hang tags noting it. The next production batch will have different cosmetics and will have the changes.

angelspade":37opq8gx said:
What about the Randall Meathead and Natas???!!!

Working on those right now. Having a lot of fun with a new software suite called Altium :doh:

Thanks for the good words, much appreciated :rock:

Thanks for taking the time to answer this. You must have been very busy! A lot of products in the pipe line. Is there any chance we can actually play some of your work with Randall this year, or is Q1 2013 the soonest?

I just found this thread and would like to know if I can get my RD50 head modded by Mr. Fortin.I bought mine a few months ago,so I'm guessing it was built before the circuit tweaks.Btw,it actually sounds killer as is,but I figure a Fortin tuning couldn't hurt.

Ed

Back