yt: Mike Fortin Randall RD50

Thanks!
Yes, $499 USD street price. The new ones to be released at NAMM will be the same price. We have other tube models that go below this price point as well!

FortinAmps":2sek2igk said:
Thanks!
Yes, $499 USD street price. The new ones to be released at NAMM will be the same price. We have other tube models that go below this price point as well!

That's just insane!! :rock:

I will be waiting. Trying to get a badge in the meantime. But Very eager to hear the new line.

chadprsman":1dgje8dd said:
I got one today from MF and it had the modified by fortin tag on it. Sounds tight.

Oh that is tempting, especially with the 15% deal they're running
Anyone know how this works:
Fixed bias so no setup is required when changing power tubes
On my mts they have bias points to measure so you can adjust for each tube; I'm not sure how "fixed bias" accounts for the changes in each type of tube needs? Or will this just make some tubes bias cold/hot compared to others and present less than optimal results, becasue the fix is in a predetermined middle ground?
Keep in mind, this ^ is about the end of my tech knowledge, lol

crankyrayhanky":2ru8oxig said:
chadprsman":2ru8oxig said:
I got one today from MF and it had the modified by fortin tag on it. Sounds tight.

Oh that is tempting, especially with the 15% deal they're running
Anyone know how this works:
Fixed bias so no setup is required when changing power tubes
On my mts they have bias points to measure so you can adjust for each tube; I'm not sure how "fixed bias" accounts for the changes in each type of tube needs? Or will this just make some tubes bias cold/hot compared to others and present less than optimal results, becasue the fix is in a predetermined middle ground?
Keep in mind, this ^ is about the end of my tech knowledge, lol

Good question, Im curious as well.

On a side note im tired of waiting for February. :doh:

So, to dust off an old thread... is there a way to ID non-Fortin versions when there's no hang tags? Maybe a serial # range? logo, stamp, version #, smell of old beans coming from the amp?

FortinAmps":obl0530b said:
Laurens":obl0530b said:
Is there any info on these amps yet? The randall website doesnt mention anything about a circuit update.

The old stock got converted to the newer circuit and have Randall issued hang tags noting it. The next production batch will have different cosmetics and will have the changes.

angelspade":obl0530b said:
What about the Randall Meathead and Natas???!!!

Working on those right now. Having a lot of fun with a new software suite called Altium :doh:

Thanks for the good words, much appreciated :rock:

Mike are we ever gonna see your pedal board preamp for sale? No offense to the Randall current production model but yours really sounded great.

Back