yt: Mike Fortin Randall RD50

So, are the ones for sale at various places (like MF, GC, etc) now the Fortin circuit? How does one ensure this?

EDIT - also meant to ask - Mike, are you going to be tackling any of Randall's solid state circuit designs?

Lasse Lammert":33ua5boi said:
This is a neat little bugger I must say!
it has a tight and rather lean bass response and creamy forward mids, which is very nice if you wanna cut through in a dense band context. I'd describe it as a "modern take on a vintage viocing", really nice, me like

I liked the description. " Modern take on vintage voicing" Well put!

I'd love to snag a Fortin rd50
But when I asked an online dealer if it was Fortin-ized, they gave a non answer "it's the newest stock"
I assume that's a no disguised as bait; I'll wait until its confirmed

crankyrayhanky":2cbghk0j said:
...I'd love to snag a Fortin rd50...

And I bet that it would kick all kinds of ass.My stock RD50 sounds great and would still love to get it tweaked by Mike.You know how one can't get enough of a good thing.

Ed

crankyrayhanky":7y0j706y said:
But when I asked an online dealer if it was Fortin-ized, they gave a non answer "it's the newest stock"

Exactly... That's why I was asking & hoping for a response from Mike. Oh Mike?? What say you sir?

studiojig":2om3ppyr said:
crankyrayhanky":2om3ppyr said:

Exactly... That's why I was asking & hoping for a response from Mike. Oh Mike?? What say you sir?

The old stock that was converted to the newer circuit, have Randall issued hang tags noting that it is the newest changes. The next production batch will have different cosmetics and will have the changes.

Cheers!

crankyrayhanky":1g2awu66 said:

Mississippi Delta Music [Ebay dealer] states that they direct drop ship from Randall when you buy from them.That might be an option.

Ed

EdMan57":285l4y23 said:
crankyrayhanky":285l4y23 said:

Mississippi Delta Music [Ebay dealer] states that they direct drop ship from Randall when you buy from them.That might be an option.

Ed

I'd still get verification on that first. I don't have confirmation that all the remaining stock has been converted. As far as I know, the ones that have the hangs tags are.
Cheers,
Mike

I'm assuming JJEL34 were used in this video? Is this the amp Randall states can take EL34, 6L6 and KT-88's with a fixed bias?

Also any word when new production models will hit?

NAMM 2013, lots of amps to be released.
There are 2 models that I absolutely love and they are way lower price points than this amp:)

FortinAmps":2oq811e7 said:
There are 2 models that I absolutely love and they are way lower price points than this amp:)

Thanks for the reply, Can I buy one now? ;)

maddnotez":1qnkyp0w said:
FortinAmps":1qnkyp0w said:

Thanks for the reply, Can I buy one now? ;)

Cmon Mike :D

I wont tell ANYONE and ill cover it up when I use it until next year..???

Any info on them at all????

Also, if anyone can chime in, the RD-50...

Randall.com doesnt mention anything about the Fortin version, im curious is the price tag the same?

I can't imagine anything sounding this good or something the man likes even better being under $500

maddnotez":1ha339xu said:
Cmon Mike :D

I wont tell ANYONE and ill cover it up when I use it until next year..???

Any info on them at all????

Also, if anyone can chime in, the RD-50...

Randall.com doesnt mention anything about the Fortin version, im curious is the price tag the same?

I can't imagine anything sounding this good or something the man likes even better being under $500

I'd wait until the new line is launch at NAMM this January. There is some really fun stuff and at excellent pricing :rock:

Lasse Lammert":1xeknmyj said:
This is a neat little bugger I must say!
it has a tight and rather lean bass response and creamy forward mids, which is very nice if you wanna cut through in a dense band context. I'd describe it as a "modern take on a vintage viocing", really nice, me like

Thanks Lasse and we did address the bass issue for the new line to be release at NAMM 2013. :thumbsup:

Back