2017 NAMM new product / rumor thread... Too soon?

Is it me or is Mitch from Sweetwater gaining a bit of weight again? He had this drastic weight loss and now it is coming back.... interesting. The Peavey looks good but the name is a tad cheesy. " INECTIVE!" Genius power for pedals off the amp too... better than a cup holder!

Kapo_Polenton":zsugvvpd said:
Is it me or is Mitch from Sweetwater gaining a bit of weight again? He had this drastic weight loss and now it is coming back.... interesting. The Peavey looks good but the name is a tad cheesy. " INECTIVE!" Genius power for pedals off the amp too... better than a cup holder!

Agreed on all accounts. Very interested to hear more about this amp but the name is absolutely atrocious. :LOL: :LOL:

maddnotez":m6l2i8e9 said:
Kapo_Polenton":m6l2i8e9 said:

Agreed on all accounts. Very interested to hear more about this amp but the name is absolutely atrocious. :LOL: :LOL:

At first glance I read "INEFFECTIVE!" and thought "That's about right..."

drewiv":1ec0x9ma said:
maddnotez":1ec0x9ma said:
Kapo_Polenton":1ec0x9ma said:

At first glance I read "INEFFECTIVE!" and thought "That's about right..."

Bingo, my brain keeps saying INEFFECTIVE no matter how many times you look at that logo. This is a case where the brain makes associations based on usage so even if things are mispelled, you read them "correctly". Someone should be fired for that one.

misterspockyall":mjm3o3iu said:
The Traveller":mjm3o3iu said:

I was super excited when I saw this until I watched the promo video.. Maybe it was their settings, but Iommi seemed to have more gain in his sound than what I heard. Limited run of 50 though, would be an awesome collection piece. I'll stick with my Sabbra pedal for $150.

I am kinda pissed that it is so limited. I've been wanting them to reissue the Supergroup for a long time. I'm hoping they are just testing the waters for a cheaper mass produced version in the future. As for the sound, I'm sure it was just the settings. Plus it wasn't Tony playing. If he was doing the demo that thing would have been roaring.

0001012589_350.jpg

Im sure Satch appreciate Peavey endorsing part of this amp technology without being compensated.

Typical PV style.

a buddy at namm says that new peavey is badass. he has part of my amp collection at his house,has played EVERYTHING i own,and says i will want one.

damnit.

ive always had a soft spot for Peavey gear...don't know why. It was the first tube amp i had (a gift) so maybe that's it. But they always "seemed" to do the best at giving the most product for the buck...on a mass produced scale of course.

For the EVH fanboi's...me included...the LBX has been overhauled a bit. Still two channel, but a green/blue (red, scorch channel, or whatever it was called went away). And..the two channels have individual, concentric gain and volume controls. http://www.vhnd.com/2017/01/19/new-5150 ... mo-videos/ Of course...per the standard, they seem way high at 1K, but it's gear, it's new, it's cool, it sounds good, it has lights and Ed's initials on it...so yea.

MrDowntown":2xl8v1sr said:
ive always had a soft spot for Peavey gear...don't know why. It was the first tube amp i had (a gift) so maybe that's it. But they always "seemed" to do the best at giving the most product for the buck...on a mass produced scale of course.

For the EVH fanboi's...me included...the LBX has been overhauled a bit. Still two channel, but a green/blue (red, scorch channel, or whatever it was called went away). And..the two channels have individual, concentric gain and volume controls. http://www.vhnd.com/2017/01/19/new-5150 ... mo-videos/ Of course...per the standard, they seem way high at 1K, but it's gear, it's new, it's cool, it sounds good, it has lights and Ed's initials on it...so yea.

Still sounds like a box of synthetic bees though... so much gain on these damn heads. I think the original 100 watter got it right as it was more raw and less gained out. My only question is, do they also sell these with black nail polish so you can own the look like the guy in the video?

Agree on PV, great bang for the buck and they have a good ear for a good sounding circuit.

Kapo_Polenton":2bc35hnq said:
MrDowntown":2bc35hnq said:

Still sounds like a box of synthetic bees though... so much gain on these damn heads. I think the original 100 watter got it right as it was more raw and less gained out. My only question is, do they also sell these with black nail polish so you can own the look like the guy in the video?

Agree on PV, great bang for the buck and they have a good ear for a good sounding circuit.

The nail polish thang.... yea wtf. :LOL: :LOL:

On the lbx. I dont own one...and maybe that says something about my true feelings towards it...but I want so badly a mini, low wattage type head. I'm assuming most if the gain could be dialed down, but yea that little box is rather buzzy.

The plus sustain pedal looks cool. The mini dod fx expression pedal, SD has a delay simliar to the SA nemesis. DOD has a cool analog delay.

I want to know if Fryette has announced any new nigh gain fairings...wasn't there supposed to be a Sig:X 2 on the horizon?

steve_k":2e3394c7 said:
lowmantotempole":2e3394c7 said:
gtr31":2e3394c7 said:
Rezamatix":2e3394c7 said:
3 new Diezel amps.
New friedman stuff is gonna be bananas...

Intrested to see the Diezel stuff only know about the Vh2
Was hoping for smaller 25/30 watt but Peter said that will be later
I know Synergy has a vh4 module for their systems

Any specs on the VH2?

Ch1 and Ch3 of the VH4
100 watt
2 channels
2 masters
Loop
Depth
Presence

Now thats killer.