Horrible Exchange with Fatbagg

mrbush

Posting here as I'm at a loss and don't know what else to do. Hopefully others see what's going on here and avoid this guy.

Messaged him about a Bogner 101b for sale on Reverb on Jan 7, 2021. He responded saying he would ship the amp out the next day if I paid via PayPal gift. Stupid me went ahead and agreed to this. Shortly after sending the money he stopped responding to my messages on Reverb. Tried contacting him via email and still no response. Three weeks later he finally replies apologizing for the delay. Another week goes by and he's ghosting me again so I finally ask for a refund and, to no surprise, his Reverb shop gets disabled the next day (or he's blocked me) and no response to another follow up email from me.

During this whole time he's been active on here and TGP posting buy & sell listings and chatting about other amps, so its obvious he's completely ignoring me after taking my money. Almost word for word the same situation as described by Rockystar in this thread. Happy to post screenshots if need be. Buyer beware with Fatbagg.

Update: Fatbagg has fully refunded me and apologized.

Last edited:
Refund sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fattbag/ Johnathan ...Your response to these accusations is childish and a more detailed explanation is needed here on this forum if your are being falsely accused. Thanks!

Ah, so after 13 years trading with plenty of people here this happens? Trades over 100 amps here with no issues until last week. You received nothing!? No money, no amp?
Fuck outta here.
Someone accuses you of theft, and this is seriously your response? Do you care to elaborate even a little bit on these accusations...because you say no issues but it's pretty easy to see this is not the first time this has happened with you.

Ah, so after 13 years trading with plenty of people here this happens? Trades over 100 amps here with no issues until last week. You received nothing!? No money, no amp?
Fuck outta here.
Yeah, that's exactly right and you know it. You ignored almost every request for an update I sent. I gave you four weeks to provide a tracking number and when I finally give up and ask for a refund, your Reverb shop gets shut down coincidentally. Instead of acting like I'm making this up you can make the situation right and we can be done with it.

Fattbag/ Johnathan ...Your response to these accusations is childish and a more detailed explanation is needed here on this forum if your are being falsely accused. Thanks!
The last couple of weeks have been really bad. However, ripping someone off isn’t me. Mr Bush is in contact with me so we can figure whatever is happening out.
If the world sees this and never wants to deal with me, so be it. I know who I am and the hundreds of people I’ve sold to here and everywhere over the years. If you wanna jump on that train, have at it.

If anyone is weary of me, do not buy from me, it’s that simple. I don’t need anyone here to live. Ripping someone off though? No.

Yeah, that's exactly right and you know it. You ignored almost every request for an update I sent. I gave you four weeks to provide a tracking number and when I finally give up and ask for a refund, your Reverb shop gets shut down coincidentally. Instead of acting like I'm making this up you can make the situation right and we can be done with it.
We can, and we have been talking this morning elsewhere.

Someone accuses you of theft, and this is seriously your response? Do you care to elaborate even a little bit on these accusations...because you say no issues but it's pretty easy to see this is not the first time this has happened with you.
False, this is the only one. The other got a refund which I provided immediately.

Mrbush sounds like a reasonable person. Your off the handle reaction to a reasonable request after the guy payed you paypal gift is quite atrocious.

We all understand things happen and if they do it should be communicated immediately to any buyer that has paid you for something you are selling, I'm sure if it happend to you you would be the first bemoaning the diabolical behavior of the seller. I'm sure most would understand, if you cannot deliver the product due to un-forseen circumstances then you must refund them period with no excuses. No product... no sale...refund the man and be done.

Mr Bush, I have your contact information and will figure this out. You WILL NOT be without amp or money. A crook I am not.

Would be cool if we could have an active list of members not to do business with. We have common sense that says watch new members. But if Fatbagg really is shady, I would have probably done business with him. I have seen him around quite a bit.

Would be cool if we could have an active list of members not to do business with. We have common sense that says watch new members. But if Fatbagg really is shady, I would have probably done business with him. I have seen him around quite a bit.
I’m not shady, and if I owe this dude money he will absolutely it, Timely.
They WILL NOT be without amp/money. Not who I am. If I was it would have been out years ago.

I just want to understand something if the buyer bought your amp 30 days ago and paid you pay pal gift and you still haven't shipped it but had said it would go out the next day but then ignored his messages and went radio silent for said 30 days until today all the while still being active on this forum as well as the Gear Page during that time and only when he posted a buyer beware post did you respond and now your saying ( if you owe this dude money ) you will refund it timely.... Hmmm... what am I missing here :confused:

Are you saying your suffering from amnesia ???

Last edited:
I just want to understand something if the buyer bought your amp 30 days ago and paid you pay pal gift and you still haven't shipped it but had said it would go out the next day but then ignored his messages and went radio silent for said 30 days until today when he posted a buyer beware post and now your saying ( if you owe this dude money ) you will refund it timely.... Hmmm... what am I missing here :confused:

Are you saying your suffering from amnesia ???

:checkthisout:

That’s where I am confused - OP came on here because its been a month since the initial purchase, during which time shipping representations were made, ghosting occurred, etc.

NOW the seller is saying ‘all will be right’...but it doesn’t seem like that was happening for several weeks up until today’s outing.

thing is there are just way too many forum transactions/member that lack even a hint of drama to them...

:checkthisout:

That’s where I am confused - OP came on here because its been a month since the initial purchase, during which time shipping representations were made, ghosting occurred, etc.

NOW the seller is saying ‘all will be right’...but it doesn’t seem like that was happening for several weeks up until today’s outing.

thing is there are just way too many forum transactions/member that lack even a hint of drama to them...
Yea, I’m just a common thief I guess.

Back