Trouble with captor x and peavy classic 30 combo

shawknv08

Hello everyone,

New here. I've been looking all around for and answer but had no luck. Maybe someone here can help? I have a peavy classic 30 1x12 combo amp along with the 16ohm captor x but I'm unsure which input/output to use on my amp to make it properly work... my amp has a speaker out as well as an fx loop send/ret. the speaker is built in series from what I've read. Ive read on different forums conflicting ways to get it done. Since I'm clearly and idiot, I just don't want to damage the gear by plugging things in wrong. :D

my main goal is to attenuate the sound so I can play at home. Secondly I'd like to get into recording. Does anyone here know what I'm missing?

Hello @shawknv08

You need to connect the output of the amp to the Captor X's input. You will need to disconnect the internal speaker cable to do so, and make the connection from the amp's output to the Captor X with an additional speaker cable. You will connect the internal speaker cable to the Speaker out of the Captor X to use the attenuator.

Hello @shawknv08

You need to connect the output of the amp to the Captor X's input. You will need to disconnect the internal speaker cable to do so, and make the connection from the amp's output to the Captor X with an additional speaker cable. You will connect the internal speaker cable to the Speaker out of the Captor X to use the attenuato

Thanks for responding!
I totally get that, but hopefully the picture will give better insight to my dilemma.

the speaker in this amp is connected on both ends with these positive/negative wires. I feel like this amp, specifically, would require me to do some additional tech work. Thoughts? What am I missing here?

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Back