Used GC Friedman JJ-100: Legit or Nay?

SkaakS

I snagged what I'm hoping is a used one of these over the weekend from the GC for a steal, and now am just waiting to see if it's the real deal or not. There was no picture, but it's in 'Excellent Condition' according to the description so it seemed worth a try. Worst case, I figure, it's a mislabeled JJ-Jr or something, and they have to give me a refund (or might still be worth keeping at that price). It's being shipped to my local GC and will hopefully be here in a few days. What do you put my odds at that it's legit?

Capture.JPG

If it is the 100 watt JJ you did get it for a steal.... WOW! At least if it is not you don't have to take it. The JJ and SS100 are my favorite Friedmans.

I seen AIC back in 2014 and Jerry's tone was absolutely crushing, IMHO ones of his best tones live, the band was totally on as well.

Congrats on the new amp, I hope it is what it says.

My bet is that it’s a JJ Junior but honestly nothing to lose other than having to wait a week or so for a refund if it was mislabeled. Upside is just ridiculous if it is a JJ-100 or really any 100 watt Friedman. Good luck and keep us updated

Lol! Tracking number says it’ll be here Weds but with the giant storm we just got I’m guessing it’ll be delayed a day or two. Will post an update, for sure

That’s a really sweet deal if it is a jj100. I once bought a Mesa mark v combo from GC for $1299, so good deals do happen.

I hate to say this but I bet it's a JJ junior and the ad was a misprint because after all you are dealing with Guitar Center, but hopefully I am wrong and you got a killer deal on their mistake but no picture??? I wouldn't get my hopes up :D

Yep. I’ve had a few steals over the last 10 years, but also had to return a few that were advertised like yours. One was a VHT PB 50w combo for 399...ended up being a 212 ext cab lol.

Damn! That's awesome. I've snagged a few things from Guitar Center Used in the past that were wayyy underpriced. Figured someone there just didn't know what the item was. I will say that everything I've ever got from them used was packed horribly. Like their shipping department wasn't willing to invest in any proper packing materials. Fingers crossed it's the real deal and shows up safe and sound.

Probably nay, but stranger things have happened. Got my fingers crossed for you, the JJ is my favorite Friedman from clips

My hope is in the fact that someone had to pull it from stock and package it up and hopefully they would have noticed then that it was the wrong model, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm giving it 20% odds it's the real deal, haha. I would have had it shipped to my house, but with the uncertainty I thought it might be better to have it sent to the store so there can be no doubt if it's the wrong model and they need to take it back.

I saw this when I was browsing the GC used section. I was thinking too good to be true but clicked add to cart anyway. Must have been a minute too late because it said it was gone. Curious how it turns out. Good luck!

Back