Used GC Friedman JJ-100: Legit or Nay?

Didn't someone post that another person called and asked about it and was told it was a JJ jr combo? I'd think that would take the mystery out of it...

That could have been misdirection by someone who wanted to buy it but was waiting for the wife to say yes and didn’t want anyone else to snag it.

At best, the op gets a jj100. At worst, the op gets a jj100 that looks like it was drug behind the delivery truck all the way to his house.

Stranger things have happened. Could be the head. I scored 1969 Marshall 1959 that turned out to be previously owned by EJ from GC for $2k in 2013.

Good luck!

That could have been misdirection by someone who wanted to buy it but was waiting for the wife to say yes and didn’t want anyone else to snag it.

At best, the op gets a jj100. At worst, the op gets a jj100 that looks like it was drug behind the delivery truck all the way to his house.
Ok. Guess we will see

For the OPs sake, I really hope it's the JJ100 - that would be an epic deal/steal... Likely my fave Friedman outta the lot - best tone machine in the lineup and the "feel" - incredible.

Fingers crossed!!

Well, the good news is it showed up undamaged, the bad news is it was a JJ combo. Wha wha... I got there and the guy went to get it from the back. He brings out a giant box, and you could just tell it wasn’t a box you’d ship a head in. The packaging inside was terrible, with all kinds of random bits of packaging materials thrown in there. Lucky it showed up in one piece. Anyway, I told the clerk that it wasn't what I'd ordered and he was super cool about it and it took all of 5 min to set up my refund. Still totally worth it, but it was too good to be true!
115B6E35-2B96-4E85-B443-26204B1D6F32.jpeg

Well, the good news is it showed up undamaged, the bad news is it was a JJ combo. Wha wha... I got there and the guy went to get it from the back. He brings out a giant box, and you could just tell it wasn’t a box you’d ship a head in. The packaging inside was terrible, with all kinds of random bits of packaging materials thrown in there. Lucky it showed up in one piece. Anyway, I told the clerk that it wasn't what I'd ordered and he was super cool about it and it took all of 5 min to set up my refund. Still totally worth it, but it was too good to be true!View attachment 69819
It was worth a shot and you aren't out anything so...was worth the shot!

Dissapointed for you dude. Did you at least play it? I love my jj jr.... although it’s the head instead of the combo.

Bummer. Might have sold by the time you called over; and what if it had been the JJ100? Worth the shot to just buy it.

Back