this riff!!!!! whoa!!!

At leat these guys have a strap...thats a bonus...

Just a question...would you pay money to see and hear this...??
Cause I wouldnt....

Nah, is not a visual genre - 100% for the ears and brain.
I did pay to see Allan Holdsworth a couple of times!

Vid in the OP was pretty melodic for that genre IMHO.

I think if he where in a band and sorta paced himself and spread these riffs to just break downs or embellishments, it would come across a bit better.

But here he's pretty much just showing off I think, which is totally fine, so it makes sense to just throw down

I actually didn't mind it at all. Great technical playing! I'm older now but at the same time, I like hearing the newer stuff as well. Thx for sharing.

Perhaps it’s time to revisit that infamous “how do guitar straps influence tone” thread on TGP from many years ago. Because the average RT member age now is probably what the average TGP member age was back then. Most people become what they once hated.

not only chairs but laptops too...
Don't do this to me... :)

Surprised you let the Bose 'cab' slide. :D

My main rigs 90% of the time are in my sig. I also have a badass laptop
with plugins that runs through a pair of small Genelecs.

I can get just as lost sometimes with the laptop as I do with the Mark III.
I would have never thunk it 20 years ago. :oops:

That riff is badass. I would snake that riff/technique in a hot second and make it my own. And if Killertone/JerEvil/Errrl used a riff like that in one of their videos,most of us here would comment about how badass it was.

Man, the tones they are both getting during these chords.

Video is cued up.

I liked this so much I went and watched a few more inspiring videos of these guys. I also watched that Van Halen cover band's video last week, the whole video, of a cover band. I never did that before but the guitarist made playing Eddie look easy, and we know it's not, except for Al, he's as good and I watched his videos too.

Things are different for me today and I really enjoy Animals as Leaders and John Petrucci's channel on Pandora gets a few hours every week. I can't play like that. Right now I'm off to play some Maiden, Priest, Pantera & Metallica because that's what I like to play along to, but if I could play anything, I'd still be playing Maiden, Priest, Pantera and Metallica, not whatever jazz these guys play. No interest in playing, but liking and listening and being inspired? Yes.

Free thinkers are dangerous.

jimmies get rustled over music so quickly.

Buddy is a fine player, the composition hes playing in that video is technically impressive. It doesn't incite any feelings for me though, and I love tech death.

Hot tip - we're all bedroom guitarists right now whether we like it or not. Who gives a fuck if the guy wears a strap while he sits?

I was more offended by the way he appears to lean on a noise gate instead of having good muting technique.

Perhaps it’s time to revisit that infamous “how do guitar straps influence tone” thread on TGP from many years ago. Because the average RT member age now is probably what the average TGP member age was back then. Most people become what they once hated.

LOL they also often hate what they become.

Personally, I like that we're living in a time where the next generation is providing a new way of playing. Sure, I subscribe to a more "live" kind of playing but I can appreciate what this new, young generation is doing. I don't always love the perfect guitar playthrough with no mistakes and sounds clearly overproduced. That being said I'm just glad to see that the guitar is not disappearing. Would I listen to this in my car? Depends on my mood. I would much rather hear or watch this than another "old man" classic rock band playing You Shook Me All Night Long!

Reactions: LCW
While I appreciate dude's that are wizards sitting in a perfect situation playing to and with computers..do you actually listen to this like real music?
Not trying to be a scoob just trying to understand.
For me, he can take the whole wizardry and stick it up his butt.
Let's hear this in the mix with other HUMANS.
But I get it.
My answer is Paul Gilbert.

I am just saying I think the riff at the 12 second mark is bad ass. I think it’s a great riff. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Back