SD-1 Style Pedal that Handles Volume Knob Rolling?

glpg80

Is there an asymmetric clipping style overdrive that is like an SD-1 but can clean up with your volume knob without needing to turn it off for cleans? My SD-1 can do it no problem if the drive is kept low but I’m wondering if there’s something else out there that could do this better?

I think its more guitar/amp, than pedal. Good wiring with treble bleeds, and an amp that cleans up will work with any pedal?

Is there an asymmetric clipping style overdrive that is like an SD-1 but can clean up with your volume knob without needing to turn it off for cleans? My SD-1 can do it no problem if the drive is kept low but I’m wondering if there’s something else out there that could do this better?
If you want higher gain on your amp and pedals then pickup choice is probably where it is at. Vintage tapers and PAFs sort of thing. The hotter the humbucker the harder it is to roll back into nice cleans. Especially having the headroom also rather than it being on some wafer thin volume knob point you will inevitably miss each time you try to find it between distortion and no volume at all/off.

Fulltone Fulldrive cleans up nice and is an SD1 derivative..

I completely agree.

I have two and if you look $70 can land you one. Also they are a Swiss army knife and work well with just about anything I have thrown them out front of.

Back