Lets see your Splawns and get some dialog started here.

There's a Facebook posting/link below the pic of the way old Splawn with attenuator and there are audio (Soundcloud?) clips in there.
I don't see that. Here's a screenshot of what I see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-175059_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-175059_Samsung Internet.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 66
hey everyone.. the re-wiring of the rig is DONE! here are some pics of the final product (for now.. LOL).. cause we all know there's never a final product.

Signal Path:

Guitar
Polytune 3 (tuner/Buffer)
Custom made Volume attenuator
Dunlop 95Q
MXR Microamp
Custom Made buffer/Splitter
From there it splits to the Input of the Amp or to the Fortin Zuul key input

In the loop of the amp is the Fortin Zuul into the G-major 2

All cables are Mogami 2524 and Mogami 2319 (Effects loop devices only).

Only thing I am looking to get is an "Oversize" 2x12 like the Mesaboogie or one from MojoTone.

Videos coming soon hopefully.

Thanks and cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20210313_201333520.jpg
    PXL_20210313_201333520.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20210313_201348775.jpg
    PXL_20210313_201348775.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20210313_201401181.jpg
    PXL_20210313_201401181.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210313_201412826~2.jpg
    PXL_20210313_201412826~2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20210313_201420459.jpg
    PXL_20210313_201420459.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Are you controlling the Nitro with the Ground Control? Just wondering.

Something you might consider... do a quick A/B test with the 95Q wah in your rig and without it. Both gtrjunior and I had real problems with the 95Q messing up the tone of our Splawns. He has a Quickrod and I have a Streetrod. Might not be an issue with your Nitro but worth trying.

It was pretty amazing at how much better my rig sounded without the 95Q in there... the buffers in the 95Q are not the best and Splawns seem to be picky about such things.

Just a thought.

Are you controlling the Nitro with the Ground Control? Just wondering.

Something you might consider... do a quick A/B test with the 95Q wah in your rig and without it. Both gtrjunior and I had real problems with the 95Q messing up the tone of our Splawns. He has a Quickrod and I have a Streetrod. Might not be an issue with your Nitro but worth trying.

It was pretty amazing at how much better my rig sounded without the 95Q in there... the buffers in the 95Q are not the best and Splawns seem to be picky about such things.

Just a thought.
Hey there.. Yes, I am controlling the Nitro with the Ground Control. using the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to change channels. Goes 4 TS 1/4 jacks to the Nitro's 2 TRS jacks. I made a video with it all. just waiting to upload it and i'll post it.

Interesting about the Wah. no i havent tested with and without the wah. maybe i'll test it out with my True Bypass pedal I have to see if I notice a difference. Now I do have a buffer after the 95Q, that should "take over" as a signal buffer from the 95Q. no?

I'll have to try it next time for sure.

Hey there.. Yes, I am controlling the Nitro with the Ground Control. using the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to change channels. Goes 4 TS 1/4 jacks to the Nitro's 2 TRS jacks. I made a video with it all. just waiting to upload it and i'll post it.

Interesting about the Wah. no i havent tested with and without the wah. maybe i'll test it out with my True Bypass pedal I have to see if I notice a difference. Now I do have a buffer after the 95Q, that should "take over" as a signal buffer from the 95Q. no?

I'll have to try it next time for sure.
Hmm... not sure if I had a buffer after the 95Q but in front of the amp when I had the 95Q. I definitely had a buffer in the loop though.
Yeah I don't think it wasn't so much a matter of just having a buffer in front (I have one now with the Wampler Tumnus, has a high quality buffer in front of the amp, sounds great) but rather the quality of the buffer. I think Splawns don't like low quality buffers. When I had the 95Q in there it seemed to sap the highs and make things kind of lifeless, I was bummed... did some troubleshooting and plugged straight in and the Splawn magic was back so I knew it was something in front of the amp. Did some troubleshooting and found it was the 95Q. gtrjunior had the same issue...

I replaced it with the Mooer Free Step, true bypass and turns on when stepped on like the 95Q. All good!

Anyway, give it a shot. Can't wait to see the vid!

Hmm... not sure if I had a buffer after the 95Q but in front of the amp when I had the 95Q. I definitely had a buffer in the loop though.
Yeah I don't think it wasn't so much a matter of just having a buffer in front (I have one now with the Wampler Tumnus, has a high quality buffer in front of the amp, sounds great) but rather the quality of the buffer. I think Splawns don't like low quality buffers. When I had the 95Q in there it seemed to sap the highs and make things kind of lifeless, I was bummed... did some troubleshooting and plugged straight in and the Splawn magic was back so I knew it was something in front of the amp. Did some troubleshooting and found it was the 95Q. gtrjunior had the same issue...

I replaced it with the Mooer Free Step, true bypass and turns on when stepped on like the 95Q. All good!

ok Thank you. I'll definitely test the WAH out with the true bypass box I have to see if I notice any difference in the high end with everything else in place.

Did a quick AB between signal with WAH (95Q) and without and wow.. what a difference. Highend was there and i actually had to turn down the Treble control down on the splawn. Overall it sounded more live and fuller. Thanks for giving me the heads up about that. I'll have to get my Dime Wah out of storage, fixed up and modded for TrueBypass.

Did a quick AB between signal with WAH (95Q) and without and wow.. what a difference. Highend was there and i actually had to turn down the Treble control down on the splawn. Overall it sounded more live and fuller. Thanks for giving me the heads up about that. I'll have to get my Dime Wah out of storage, fixed up and modded for TrueBypass.
Cool! Glad it worked out for you. Yup, that's how I would describe it, more live and more "oomph". I just remember it sounding better to my ears when I test drove the Street Rod and thought "Something is amiss..." took out the 95Q and the Splawn sound was back. Funny, with my Blackstar it was OK, or so I thought!

I'd try your Dime wah just as it is first, it may just be that the 95Q has a crap buffer, (although I've heard Dunlop wahs' buffers aren't great in general) it may be OK without a TB mod. The Dime wah costs (or did cost) a pretty penny so maybe there's a better buffer in that one.

Edit: One thing I did try is a Crybaby Classic, which is TB, it had a big volume jump when engaged though, didn't like that.

Cool! Glad it worked out for you. Yup, that's how I would describe it, more live and more "oomph". I just remember it sounding better to my ears when I test drove the Street Rod and thought "Something is amiss..." took out the 95Q and the Splawn sound was back. Funny, with my Blackstar it was OK, or so I thought!

I'd try your Dime wah just as it is first, it may just be that the 95Q has a crap buffer, (although I've heard Dunlop wahs' buffers aren't great in general) it may be OK without a TB mod. The Dime wah costs (or did cost) a pretty penny so maybe there's a better buffer in that one.

Edit: One thing I did try is a Crybaby Classic, which is TB, it had a big volume jump when engaged though, didn't like that.
The Dime Wah I have has some more small issues. Going to send it to a tech to have a look at it and get it modded for true bypass if possible. it has a built in volume control, so if the volume becomes an issue, perhaps the volume dial will come in handy.

Thanks again for your help.

This means new video clips are in order :cool:.. i'll make some when I get the Dime wah back.

The Dime Wah I have has some more small issues. Going to send it to a tech to have a look at it and get it modded for true bypass if possible. it has a built in volume control, so if the volume becomes an issue, perhaps the volume dial will come in handy.

Thanks again for your help.

This means new video clips are in order :cool:.. i'll make some when I get the Dime wah back.
NP! Looking forward to updated clips.

Anyone here with a Super Sport pull their chassis out of the the shell yet? I remember my JVM was a total PITA to get back in.
I'm off for a few days and would like to check bias and maybe roll some Mullards and EH EL-34's I have and see if I can hear any difference.

NP! Looking forward to updated clips.
So I put a TC Bonafide buffer right after the wah before going to the amp and I noticed the missing high end came back. Perhaps the Buffer on the WAH it self isn't high quality, but the Bonafide buffer seems to have made up for the signal.

Enjoy :cool:

Back